PDA

View Full Version : Finally Graduated!!!!

TrevelyanInc
02-01-08, 07:51 PM
PFC Bellew A.D.

Platoon 3013, Honor Platoon, Company I
3rd Recruit Training Battalion
MCRD Parris Island South Carolina

After a long stay in the hospital, EHP, and MRP I am finally home. Oorah! and
Praise God for taking care of me when I was hanging on by a string.

crazymjb
02-01-08, 08:13 PM
Congrats Pfc.

EVERY Marine who has come back (to the RSS) has told us that their platoon was hardest and all the others are disgusting, so what's your take on the "infamous" Third?

If you don't mind my asking, why the extended visit?

Mike

TrevelyanInc
02-01-08, 08:29 PM
Well, in a word: rhabdomyolysis.

There's a nice little Wikipedia article on it, but suffice it to say my muscles got so destroyed by a certain individual in Lima Co, that my kidneys started to fail.

There's an enzyme called CK your body makes when your muscles are damaged. 100 mg/L is a normal level, if I remember right.
5,000 mg/L can be fatal.
Mine was 40,000mg/L.

I've never been so glad to faint during PT in my life, because if I hadn't, I'd have died in my sleep that night. The good folks at Beaufort Naval Medical took good care of me and I improved rapidly and got back in the fight.

I'll be honest, Lima was way tougher than India. It nearly killed me. But I'm proud to be 3rdBn born, either way.

davblay
02-01-08, 08:48 PM
Welcome home Anthony! I am glad to have you back. I know you have earned the title, so lets show the Corps you have what it takes to succeed! I know you have the drive, I am proud to call you Brother!

Semper Fi

Dave

jinelson
02-01-08, 08:51 PM
Welcome back and congratulations Marine. Your avatar has changed to Pfc and your membership will soon change to Marine so you will no longer be out of uniform. Enjoy your leave.

Semper Fi

Jim

crazymjb
02-01-08, 09:37 PM
We learned about that in A&P earlier on this year. I guess that means boot hasn't gotten super soft :)

Glad you are alright, and hey, at least you have a story to tell. Most of all though, you are a Marine!

Mike

Ryan0217
02-01-08, 09:53 PM
Why was Lima Co. so tough?

I'm asking because the ship date I'm looking at puts me in it.

RYDERKUR
02-01-08, 09:56 PM
Because he graduated from it, hell, Echo Company is the toughest....nah, what else do we have to compare it to? They all do the same thing. Make Marines and weed out s**tbags.

Ryan0217
02-01-08, 10:03 PM
Because he graduated from it, hell, Echo Company is the toughest....nah, what else do we have to compare it to? They all do the same thing. Make Marines and weed out s**tbags.

This is true, but even when my recruiter was telling me about 3rd Battalion he made it seem like a big deal.

skaterjon89
02-02-08, 01:27 AM
My recruiter is telling m "Killer Kilo" is the best, and he even told me "Because I was in it..."

I think I'm Delta company in a like 11-days!

LeonardLawrence
02-02-08, 01:43 AM
Congratulations. Marine. Job well done....

davblay
02-02-08, 01:53 AM
Congrats Pfc.

EVERY Marine who has come back (to the RSS) has told us that their platoon was hardest and all the others are disgusting
Mike

When hrscowboy (the FNG), and I, went thru we had to march barefoot for the first 3 weeks, in the snow, while they got us some of them store bought boots and......oh wait this ain't dear chilli is it? LMFAO!

Every Marine Boot has it harder than the next one does! No matter what BN they were in! Just remember that and all will be well. "Life is like a box of chocolates"......oh crap.... there I go again!

Seriously, I am proud of each and every one of you poolees that make that trip to the yellow foot prints and come back here to brag! Brag on Brothers and Sisters! Ooo-Rah! :marine:

Semper Fi

Dave

rvillac2
02-02-08, 04:13 AM
Welcome Home, Marine.
Semper Fi.

Integrity57
02-02-08, 11:09 AM
Welcome home Marine, been a while since I talked to ya last. Glad to hear you made it through, congratulations!

DROD
02-03-08, 02:25 PM
Welcome Home Matine !:usmc: