PDA

View Full Version : My son is coming from the Sand Box ..!!!!!!!!!

Ladymimi
02-01-08, 05:07 PM
Hello Marines and families:

:beer: Please celabrate whith me ..!!! My pride, my Son, My Marine..!!! and also proud mother of all my Marines from 1/1 .

They say ..when you have one Marine ..you become a mother of many ..and I have enjoy the company of many of them that allways tag along when my son come home..!!! and they eat..!!!!

You goet to love them ..!!! Marines oooraaahh

WELCOME HOME 1/1 A Co

davblay
02-01-08, 05:12 PM
Give that Marine a huge hug and a sincere thanks, from all of us old salts, for his service!

Semper Fi Ma'am!

Dave

hrscowboy
02-01-08, 05:45 PM
ooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Outstanding ..

Osotogary
02-01-08, 07:44 PM
Ladymimi,
Of coarse I'll celebrate with you. It has got to be the best of times for you knowing that your son and his fellow Marines are heading towards home soil.
Now there is a beer named Presidente, that is made in the Dominican Republic, a fine pilsner beer at that I was saving for the Super Bowl but your son is much more important than any Super Bowl could ever be. I do believe it is time to crack open a cold one or two and recognize your good fortune and celebration.
Pass on my best to one and all and thank them for their service to their country and to their Marine Corps.
Gary

OldMarineMom
02-01-08, 07:59 PM
Ladymimi,

My son got back from the sandbox 3 weeks ago, and it's such a great feeling to have him back on good ole U.S. soil!

Mary :flag:

devilhund1
02-01-08, 09:59 PM
Mom, Im sure you are happy that your Son is coming back from the sand box. Tell him and his buddies that this old 1st Sgt welcomes them all back and thanks for serving.
Semper Fidelis Marines.:flag::banana::yes:

Devilhund 1
Luke

LeonardLawrence
02-01-08, 11:17 PM
Ladymimi and OMM.

Congrats to both. Thank your children for a job well done.

Sounds like a BBQ...:beer: Tell us where and when;)

Ladymimi
02-03-08, 04:20 AM
:iwo: BBQ yesss and lots of food..!!! they are going to be hungry,,!!!!

The party is in Las Vegas ..!!! Tag along ;)

Love you all..!!!! Thank you for celebrating whith me ..and we have one mom whith a son that came back allready yeaaaaa..!!!!

I am geting impacient..!!!! I am going :banana: as

jerry pattison
02-03-08, 07:15 AM
Oh-rah Welcome Home Brother

Sgt Leprechaun
02-04-08, 10:26 AM
Welcome home!

GySgtRet
02-04-08, 10:46 AM
Welcome home.

Thank you for your service.

Please moms and dads please let your Marines know that all Marines are counting on them returning home safely. Thank you all for raising such fine Marines.

:flag:

SGT7477
02-04-08, 01:17 PM
Hello Marines and families:

:beer: Please celabrate whith me ..!!! My pride, my Son, My Marine..!!! and also proud mother of all my Marines from 1/1 .

They say ..when you have one Marine ..you become a mother of many ..and I have enjoy the company of many of them that allways tag along when my son come home..!!! and they eat..!!!!

You goet to love them ..!!! Marines oooraaahh

WELCOME HOME 1/1 A Co
Welcome home and God Bless,Semper FI.:flag:

Ladymimi
02-05-08, 05:59 PM
:beer: Thank you very much..I on days of is home coming ..God, I wish I cud hug hem allready ..!!!!:cry: I know he has to go trew stayin for a week extra for debrefing or what ever they call dat..!!!
I know when I give hem hes first hug ..he will be telling me """ Mother ..stopet..!!! hug the bear..!!!! o.k. o.k. one only..!!!

He give me a Tedy bear ..whith hes picture on it ..so I cud hug hem..becouse he say I hug hem to much..!!!! He is so funny..!!!

Let me Tell you a little story when he was 5 1/2 years old ..!!!
I took hem and hes brother to a kermes in mexico..is a festivity whithand you fun tings to do for kids..!! o.k. they have this area where a girl pick you and they go and get you have to marrie the girl that pick you..!! (my son) and he did not whant to get married and they girls force hem..!!! then he was very sad the rest of the day, when we goet home he whent to hes room and start packing hes underware and pijamas and some clouse on hes little luch boxes..and I ask hem what are you doing..? and hes reply was: Well I have to go my wife house and he was kind of whanting to crye and he say I have to go and be whith her and talk to her dad and see where we are going to sleep..!!! and now ..what am I going to do ..I have to work..!!! and take care of my wife, what am I going to do .. !! am I going to be hable to go to school still..?!!! and he keep whanting to crye ..!! and then hes dad stop in front of the door and told me come over and he say to me ..let's se what he is going to do..!! do not say aniting..and then hes dad and me where again in front of hes door and at this moment he ask hes dad..!! Dad I have to work ..I am going to need a car..!! I am going to need your truck ..!! can you give it to me..? please ..? he was realy worried ..and he say ..well I have to go now and he give me a hug and told hes dad that as soon as he will find out what was going to happen ..he will be back for the truck ..he even pick the place where he was going to work (grocery store paking bags).
We let hem go and I was about to stop hem I whant it to crye so bad and lough at the same time..!! but he left and we follow hem whit out hem knowing or noticing..!! we run behind hem as soon as he turn arround the block ..!! and then he was standing at the door of the little girl and the dad ..open the door..!! we where there next to the house hiting..!! and Erick say to the dad ..Excuse me Sr. I am Erick the Husband of your doughter and I am here to take care of her and you ..!! almost crying ..!! and the dad ..look both ways out the door..and he whanet to laugh and he made a mean face and he told hem..!! why did you marrie my doughter ..you did not ask me permition ..!!! and Erick answer right away..She forsme to marrie her ..they goet me over there..in the kermes..and now I am here..!!
At that point we jump out and whent and hug hem ..!!! and told hem that it was not reall that it was only a Joke for kids..!!! and we explain to hem everiting and then he say..!!! so I do not have to leave school and work ..!!!! and we told hem no ..!! and he took hes lunch boxes and say:

I am going to put my stuff in my room and go to school tomorrow..!!! I am going to play whit my brother ..bye ..!!!!

It was the most intense moment he put me trew..!! is he adorable..!!! I'll never forget dat day..!!! He allways been so funny and serious about everiting..!!!

Hope you all understand my english ..!!!

Thank you ..

Marine mom

FistFu68
02-05-08, 07:15 PM
:usmc: WELCOME HOME :usmc:

sparkie
02-05-08, 07:27 PM
Your English was beautiful, mama. Now, I live in Vegas,,,, Where's my invite? You gotta invite Ironrider too,,,, That cop friend of ours. You helped your son be our brother. Good job.

Ladymimi
02-08-08, 04:46 PM
:beer: 2 day's and he will be back in THE U.S.A HOMEEEEEEEEEEE

:banana: BANNAS AND BANNAS i AM GOING...!!!! 1 tour to the sand box ..He did it .. and i did tooo..!!!!:cry:

LeonardLawrence
02-08-08, 08:13 PM
:beer: Welcome Home Marine! Job Well done!

mike christy
02-08-08, 08:20 PM
Welcome home Marines :beer:

jerry pattison
02-09-08, 06:38 AM
Welcome Home Brother, Thank You And Semper-fi To All

Ladymimi
02-11-08, 10:37 PM
:cry: Hello friends he arrived ..he is in the plane that landed in New hemshire..

and if there is people from there :cry: here .. thank you ..thank you for what all of you did for our Marines..!!!! it was an emazing display of patriotism to our troops just in the moment they needed the most..!!! it was scary .. thank God everithig is o.k.

yellowwing
02-11-08, 11:15 PM
Hang in there Garcia! I know he can't wait to get home either. Soon enough it will be time to 'kill the fatted calf'. :thumbup:

gwladgarwr
02-11-08, 11:22 PM
:flag: If a little boy of five years of age can man up and take care of his 'wife' and step up to the plate and accept his responsibilities, the rest of us have something to learn.

Welcome home to your baby, your Marine!

Sgt gw

proudmom822
02-13-08, 07:31 AM
From One Marine Mom to another give your son a great big welcome home and tell him I said thank you for the service.

My son is still over there with the 1/5 11th meu.

Here a copy of quote I like

There are many like him but this one is mine

This is dedicated to my Marine in choosing the path he did, he will forever change the road I travel as well.

GySgtRet
02-13-08, 07:38 AM
And thank you for your service. I love the freedom that you provide.

Semper Fi

:flag:

marinemama
02-13-08, 09:44 AM
Yeah! So happy he is home. Give him a hug for me too and a big thank you! Enjoy your son :o)

gys
02-13-08, 10:49 AM
Welcome home and God Bless

mgkusmc
02-14-08, 02:22 PM
Welcome Home Marine

Ladymimi
03-16-08, 01:41 PM
Dear Friends;

For the first time //since he arrived from the sand box .. I was hable to see my son..!!! I guess it took hem a will to calm and get read of all the adrenaline broad back from the sand box..!!! He is diferent ..he to me become more human and apreciative of life and human life and hes camarads hes fellow Marines..he as told me ..sorry mother my first family is the Marine corp and they need me right now..!! you have not beean there so please understand I am not ignoring you but ..I will be there whene I tink is right ..and I will be home happy to tell you and to talk about lots of tings I whant for you ..!!! he is no longer treating me like before ..yes mother..!!! now is ..mother I am here an now I am here to protect you .. so I will say what I whant and now you follow me..!!! I do not know if he is right but I love my son ..!!! and if he tings that is the right way to talk to me right now ..o.k. he is defenetly leting me know he is not a baby any more ..!!! inside me .. he will allway's be my baby..!!! what ever he whants as long as he is happy .. I am happy..!!! whit out me of course having my anttena very high..to analized hes process of decompresion from the front.

Thank you all.. and he told me he will be back next week and we will spend time with me .. and tha he will bring hes fellow Marines whith hem .. he say they mess me ..!!!! is he smart.or what .? he is whoing hes mother ..to be hable to bring hes camarads and not leave them behind becouse ..they goet atach to hem ..and they say ..you say you will not leave me ..so ...!!! I needed to spend some time whith hem by my self .. but .. he will not leave hes man behind ..!! he told me dat ..!!! well I guess I have to understand my Son My Marine if I whant to have a good relationship whith hem ..so any comment is well receive..!!!

Thank you to all of you my friends

Wyoming
03-16-08, 01:51 PM
Lady Mimi, your Son just grew up.

GySgtRet
03-16-08, 02:25 PM
The only people that understand Marines are other Marines. You have a fine son and protector and I thank GOD every single day that we have sons like yours.

Gunny out

:usmc:

Ladymimi
03-16-08, 03:40 PM
My God I forgoet to tell you all .. my Nephew just gratuated from MCRD on march 13/14 ..I have one more Marine at home.. My son whent to hes cousen Graduation and he said he felt really wird to se hes cousin in hes same place .. he told me ..he cryed and he felt a very big emotion to se hes cousin Mario fallow hes steps just like my nice .. she enlisted in the Air Force.. Our first military person in our family besides my brother in Law ..is My son a Marine.. there ufther my nice who she was allready whith a carrer she have done collage and criminal justice . and she decided to enter the Marine Corp first and hes mom .did not let her and she inlisted in the Airforce .. my sister say is my sons fault .. I say ..they love one another ..and now my nephew is a New Marine ooooorahhhhhh .. OUR FAMILY IS GROWING ... was the only one that did not whent to the graduation.. becouse my son told me if i go he will not go he was not ready to se me ..!!! so he was more ..that he goes to hes cousing gradution ..then me behing there and driling my son ..or acting like strangers on my nephews graduation.. I prefer to make peace ..!!!! and my nephew call me on friday ..to tell me thank you for the support and he will come to visit ..a soon as he can ..!!! My sisther understood that it was for the best .. my nephew was looking forword to see my son there .. he was righting to hem from Iraq .. two times he whant it to se he s cousin there ..so ...!! I cryed .. but ..!!! I'll make peace more if I just whaigt a minute ..I took me a wille to digest .. and the help of my friends and blue star mothers and to read posts and take my pride and my anger aside and just leat it be .. I am not going to dye ..just dill whith it ..!!

Well we have one more Marine in the family and one Airfoirce .. and 2 more to go ..they are young Marines right now ...!!!

I am such a proud mother and a proud anthy to...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ladymimi
10-17-08, 01:30 AM
Hello friends,

I am a happy momaaaaa....my son is taking me to th Marines Ball..!!! yessss..he is coming in nov 06 for the next day..!! but he is not comming alone..!!! he have 6 Marines and 2 Female Marines..home..!!!!! they are staying for 3 days..!! now I have 7 sons and 2 dougthers Marines..!!

Helppppppppp any one have some chips and salsa to spare..!! the boy's eat a lot ..!!

Proud Marine mom

Cpl Erick
Pfc Mario Nephew

Help

jerry pattison
10-17-08, 04:20 AM
Oh-rah Mom, Have A Great Time

Semper-fi Always

Quinbo
10-17-08, 08:48 AM
Outstanding news. I'm wondering if you have any influence on the writing of the new DLAB test?

Ladymimi
10-17-08, 01:50 PM
Hey thank you, I am very happy and proud to have all this Marines coming over and take care of them ..!!! :usmc:

now to Bulkyker: please explane the meaning of DLAB test..?:confused:

DAMNPROUD
10-17-08, 02:01 PM
outstanding! please thank them all

Quinbo
10-17-08, 05:35 PM
The defense language aptitude test is designed to test if someone can rapidly comprehend an invented language. I was wondering if perhaps you were the inventer?

Corpspapa
10-17-08, 07:05 PM
Ladymimi ~ Going to the Ball, eh? As a Dad, I don't think I'll ever get the chance, lol. I sure miss puting on the Ritz and steppin' out military style. Have a great time.

Sgt Jim
10-17-08, 08:41 PM
Dear Marine Mom,give all the Marines that come home with him a big hug.feed them good and tell them thanks from all of us .Semper Fi

ecfree
10-17-08, 08:58 PM
Hello friends,

I am a happy momaaaaa....my son is taking me to th Marines Ball..!!! yessss..he is coming in nov 06 for the next day..!! but he is not comming alone..!!! he have 6 Marines and 2 Female Marines..home..!!!!! they are staying for 3 days..!! now I have 7 sons and 2 dougthers Marines..!!

Helppppppppp any one have some chips and salsa to spare..!! the boy's eat a lot ..!!

Proud Marine mom

Cpl Erick
Pfc Mario Nephew

Help

God has Blessed you,feed them well and have fun.
Thank them all for their service to Country and "The Corps".....:iwo:

ScottsMom
10-21-08, 10:42 AM
Welcome home to your son! My son will be going in February.

Ladymimi
11-27-08, 11:07 AM
Dear Marine Family:

I have to say first that I am looking for a home who will like to adopt My son and friends for Thanks Giving over IN 29 Palms, if you all know of any family Who will like to have my boys my Rhinos from Fulling for thanks giving please let me know I know is last minute but including my son they will be working and did not had time to go home .. so I will have no thanks giving with my boys and will be by my self .. but I wonth at the same time.. I will cook my sel a dinner and wash Military channel and other channels that our troops are sending messages home to their familys.. and pray and give thanks to God for all my new Family the Marines..who made this mother proud .. I will pray and give thanks to god for the ones that even me beeng a Marine mother they atack my wrighting and call me names and critizice me ..I even will thank God they are here..!!! I still have respect.

For my ball.. I have to post pictures and show my 21 Marines I ad for 5 days .. they arrive 9 on a thursday and lefth on a monday 21 of them .. cooking day and night and taking pictures ..I have to say I have so many son's God have bless me Good..!! they are wonderfull ..!!! I will tell more but I am truying to find home for my boys .. there not to many maby 8 of them ..!!! same unit

Ladymimi
Cpl Erick

DAMNPROUD
11-28-08, 08:29 AM
ladymimi,my son is also in 29 palms he ended up having thanksgiving dinner with the chaplan.hop you had a great holiday

Corpspapa
12-06-08, 10:39 PM
Ok, now I can feel as though I am part of the group. My son is back from the 'stan, aka "Sand Box East." We went to Homecoming, and what an experience. One of Blake's buddy's parents couldn't make it, so we adopted Adam during our three day stay, bringing him with us to billetting. What a good kid, but he slept and slept. Missed a few good boozers, lol.

We were with Blake and Adam at the PX, when another Marine form a different Company showed up, and they began to 'talk' about their adventures. The "F" word flew out coninuously, but with no observation to other by-passers. It was hilarious.

My son's unit is home, but prayers continue for their replacement unit.

Ladymimi
12-08-08, 04:40 PM
I am so happy also your son is back also from the san box, I know your son Unit, We keep them in or prayers, I know what you mean..!! in my case lord have murcy ..I had the blessing of having at the end 21 Marines for 5 days .. arroved 9 I end up with 21 of them ..!!! and the conversations are totally hilarious..!! well I also goet trown on the pool for mothering my son..I guess I say someting like hey ..hijito ..you are not leaving today no driving for you..so ..the guys just say the woooooo ting they do at the same time and my son unswer ...doet ..doet now..!! and I goet lift and drapt on the pool ..and then they all jump ..and before they jump they all say ..wi'll save you mommmmmm...!! yea ..!! I learn my lesson..!!! they are a blessing to have they all behave really good and they eat..!!! mom ..we hungry..!! all day ..!! when they eat ..is emazing the happines they get ..to eat home made meals..!!! God I whant to crye out of happynes..!!! I have pictures and storys and so many tings from them. You have to love The Marines..!! all of them..
Marine Mom

Cpl Erick/374 Rhinos