PDA

View Full Version : LCpl Maria Lauterbach Memorial

azform
02-01-08, 01:45 PM
Thought you all would like to see how we are honoring Maria and her baby.
Joan

Zulu 36
02-01-08, 05:48 PM
Thought you all would like to see how we are honoring Maria and her baby.
Joan
It was a tragedy the way LCpl Lauterbach and her baby died. However, my police senses tell me that there is much more to this story than has been revealed. We probably won't know much more until her killer is caught and comes to trial.

Perhaps any memorial to her should be held in abeyance until more information is announced on her exact involvement in this sordid story. Something in this mess is just not making sense to me.

Am I saying she is less of a murder victim? No, I am not.

Am I implying she may be less of a sexual assault victim? Yes, she might not be the victim of a sexual "assault." This is the part that causes me to pause and want more information before forming a full judgement.

azform
02-02-08, 04:04 PM
I respect that gentlemen simply cannot comprehend rape. I assure you that nothing will ever prove LCpl Lauterbach was raped. Not even if the DNA of her baby is Laurean's match.
Children cannot prove molestation or rape; adults cannot prove sexual assault because these things occur 99% ??? of the time out of sight and sound of others. These are crimes of secrecy, opportunity, and stealthy design for the purpose of overpowering and controling the free will of another person. A victimization technique and/or weapon of assault is incidentally genetailia or some other object
I was gang raped 2 weeks after arriving at my first duty station. I was raped in the back of a car 5 years later by someone who was giving me a lift. I cannot prove either except by a DNA/rape kit of the second. And that still does not PROVE anything.
I am 61 years old. I knew in 1965 that I would not be believed. I am not surprised Maria is not believed. Maybe there is a percentage of women who have lied about rape.
I myself, cannot comprehend how a person could possibly fabricate such a serious story.
So, I guess we are in the same boat, eh?
Joan

Zulu 36
02-02-08, 10:25 PM
I understand your position, probably better than you suspect. I was in law enforcement for 25-years and saw all too many false sexual assault allegations. I have also seen far too many cases of true...

slowrider
02-02-08, 11:29 PM
From just the stories I have heard in the media I feel like the Marine Corps dropped the ball on this.When this young Marine reported this rape to her C.O they should of transfered her to another base far away from him until this was settled.Not downing the Corps.I love the Marine Corps.I just feel they dropped the ball in this matter

azform
02-03-08, 11:25 AM
You all have to understand that I (we...my group of women AND men vets -raped during their service) am still angry.

If (and I mean IF) Lauterbach were a total scum bum, then it should have shown up on her performance evaluations. The Marine Corps as do other service branches, have the right and the duty to expell people who are not up to par.

I believe he is right, there is more to this story. Somehow cooking a pregnant woman like a pig at a Bar-B-Que in the ground suggests more than just a little rage.

The way the corps handled it through the press, it appears that if Laurean had simply bided his time, he probably would have gotten off with a slap on the wrists or even scott free. After all the Corps made it very clear that everyone in her command had decided that she was exaggerating or possibly even making the whole thing up.

So Why Kill HER?

What is it that he had to hide, that would drive a "McGyver-Stellar-Marine," to jump the gun and beat her bloody with a blunt object in her 8th month of
pregnancy.

Was it the Baby's DNA?

He wasnt hiding it from his wife, she already knew, so he didnt kill her to save his marriage.

So one does wonder what kind of dirt SHE had on Mr Perfect, who happened to work in PSD, the Dept of Navy's equivalent to Payroll where everyone's
electronic identity is handled daily, where paychecks are cut, where accounts are generated and terminated.

hmmmm all that money does make me wonder. And Why pray tell would they recall Christine Laurean onto Active Duty?

Yep there is a lot more to this, than just a Dead Pregnant Marine. Maybe because she had honor and would not give it away - Maybe she was too squeaky clean?

And for the MILLIONTH TIME in my postings around the web THE MARINE CORPS IS NOT JUST RAPISTS. geeze guys. get a grip. I am a PROUD former Marine. Too bad the Corps lost a fine career officer & pilot. But I DO NOT blame the USMC for those who try to betray OUR honor.
Joan
District 22 Media Director
www.vetwow.com (http://www.vetwow.com)

rheinmark187
02-04-08, 12:50 PM
You all have to understand that I (we...my group of women AND men vets -raped during their service) am still angry.

If (and I mean IF) Lauterbach were a total scum bum, then it should have shown up on her performance evaluations. The Marine Corps as do other service branches, have the right and the duty to expell people who are not up to par.

I believe he is right, there is more to this story. Somehow cooking a pregnant woman like a pig at a Bar-B-Que in the ground suggests more than just a little rage.

The way the corps handled it through the press, it appears that if Laurean had simply bided his time, he probably would have gotten off with a slap on the wrists or even scott free. After all the Corps made it very clear that everyone in her command had decided that she was exaggerating or possibly even making the whole thing up.

So Why Kill HER?

What is it that he had to hide, that would drive a "McGyver-Stellar-Marine," to jump the gun and beat her bloody with a blunt object in her 8th month of
pregnancy.

Was it the Baby's DNA?

He wasnt hiding it from his wife, she already knew, so he didnt kill her to save his marriage.

So one does wonder what kind of dirt SHE had on Mr Perfect, who happened to work in PSD, the Dept of Navy's equivalent to Payroll where everyone's
electronic identity is handled daily, where paychecks are cut, where accounts are generated and terminated.

hmmmm all that money does make me wonder. And Why pray tell would they recall Christine Laurean onto Active Duty?

Yep there is a lot more to this, than just a Dead Pregnant Marine. Maybe because she had honor and would not give it away - Maybe she was too squeaky clean?

And for the MILLIONTH TIME in my postings around the web THE MARINE CORPS IS NOT JUST RAPISTS. geeze guys. get a grip. I am a PROUD former Marine. Too bad the Corps lost a fine career officer & pilot. But I DO NOT blame the USMC for those who try to betray OUR honor.
Joan
District 22 Media Director
www.vetwow.com (http://www.vetwow.com)

So you're warning everyone not to jump to conclusions about whether she was raped or not---a question central to the case----but now you're asking speculating that she had dirt on laurean and that it may have have had something to do with the pay disbursement?

I'm sorry Marine but you're showing your bias and your age. They stopped cutting paychecks years ago. It's done electronically and 99.99 percent of the Corps does direct deposit. Pay is centrally routed through civilians missouri anyway, most admin Marines (especially at that level) are vestigal and their job is redundant on the civilian side.

azform
02-04-08, 01:29 PM
I am old. 61 today. How did that happen? zooooooooom
Thanks for updating me on proceedure.
What I am saying, really, is that proving rape is a circumstantial uphill job unless there is immediate forensics. When a person is raped (as I have firsthand experience as well as the 1000 members of my organization) you might not be able to function. Rape in the military, in addition, has unique differences than rape occuring the civilian world.
With that said, what could have occured for Maria to be murdered? I cannot wrap my head around the mentality of a rapist let alone a murderer. I cannot think like that so I speculate on something that MIGHT make sense.
This is what people do...they try to put things into a pattern. I am simply thinking out loud, hoping to get your feedback, which I genuinely appreciate.

Joan

rheinmark187
02-05-08, 07:35 PM
I really don't know. It's so very strange, I have to admit. It sounds like the investigation was going in his favor, now this? I mean the whole thing is just ludicrous. Leave the body on your property and leave a note, knowing full well that forensics will quickly identify that she died from blunt force trauma?

It's just sad, and a very bad spot for the Marine Corps. Marines like to remind America that we are the best. When things like this occur, along with other recent problems, it makes a lot of people doubt. I don't think bearing down on junior Marines is the answer either. We've really gotta foster maturity and professionalism...the right way. I think some of the things instilled in Marines makes them prone to hiding the truth when something bad happens. Also, we're not fostering maturity either.

When my brother did his first night of firewatch after Coast Guard recruit training, he was patrolling around base in a squad car, with a shotgun, flex cuffs and OC.
My generation (I believe junior pog's are far better trained post 9/11) wasn't given that early responsibility. Most coast guardsmen don't live in barracks either. They have to learn how to budget their money time better. There are a lot of practical reasons for keeping Marines in the barracks, so maybe we can do other things to instill the right characteristics.
Maybe we should include a psychological screening test as mandatory in MEPS or better yet, during recieving? I'm really not sure if there's a way to screen out those who weren't raised properly unless we become more selective.

azform
02-05-08, 08:32 PM
I am very pleased to see thoughful response. It kind of boggles the mind, <br />
yeppers. <br />
You know how it was that Maria was said to have denied he was the <br />
father at some poiint...I don't recall if...

azform
02-06-08, 12:01 AM
QUESTIONS
Why would Maria withdraw $700?
Why would she leave a note to her friend instead of calling him saying she was "leaving"
What time was the Christmas party on base?
What time was it over?
What time does Cesar allege that Maria came over and killed herself?
How did her car get to the bus station the next day if she drove it to the Laurean's?
What reason did Cesar give to his wife to excuse himself from the party?
Why would Christina go without him?
Where was their 18th month old daughter when Maria is said to have come over?
What time was the bus ticket purchased?
Where was Cesar at 4:20, the time Maria withdrew $700 from the ATM?
Were the clothes seen in the ATM video of Maria making her withdrawal found at her house or in her suitcase or were they supposed to on her when she died?
When do authorities believe Maria was buried? When do they think Laurean attempted to burn her?
What reason did the note left behind by Cesar and delivered to authorities give as to why Maria came over?
Both Maria and Cesar had Myspace accounts, both were set to private. Is there any evidence that the two of them communicated by computer?
In the search of Laurean and Lauterbach's phone records is there any evidence that the two of them had any conversations with each other in December?
Who on Maria Lauterbach's phone records were contacted by authorities regarding her missing status?
Why weren't neighbors of Maria's contacted between the first report of her being missing on December 19th and the 9th of January?
Why would an attorney say "you're facing the death penalty" if you tell him that Maria killed herself?
Where did the money come from to retain 3 lawyers from 3 different law firms come from?
Why did it take until January 9th for the military to confirm the rape allegations to the Sheriff?
Was the baby delivered during the brutal attack on Maria?
Why was there such a crumb trail leading investigators towards Mexico if the subject wanted to escape detection? ID and bank card left in open at bus station, truck parked nose in so license plate was visible, bus ticket to El Paso, letters from Houston.
Why was Cesar Laurean NOT a flight risk prior to January 11th if he was seen on the ATM machine using Maria's bank card?
Why does it appear that there is no tattoo on the shoulder of the man making reported to be Laurean making the withdrawal in the ATM video?

:confused: Any theories? Joan

ABrevik
03-17-10, 04:30 AM
What time was the Christmas party on base?--- Roughly 1900 if I remember correctly.
Why would Christina go without him?--- She wasn't with our unit.
Both Maria and Cesar had Myspace accounts, both were set to private. Is there any evidence that the two of them communicated by computer-----If they did, then it was via messages only.