PDA

View Full Version : What, If Any, Is The Connection Between James Traficant and The Corps???

TeufelHunden
07-26-02, 04:25 PM
...I've noticed in numerous media images, that James Traficant, the former U.S. Representative, always wears a small Marine Corps Emblem on his lapel. Does anyone here know the connection? His bio doesn't mention any military service.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020725/capt.1027564584.traficant_wcap308.jpg

Sparrowhawk
07-26-02, 04:39 PM
His autobigraphy has no reference to having served in the military.

http://www.vote-smart.org/img/pics/H/H3201103.JPG

Biographical Data For
Representative James A. 'Jim' Traficant Jr. Biographical
Campaign Finances
Issue Positions (NPAT)
Special Interest Groups
Voting Record

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Office: United States House of Representatives
Current District: 17
Name: Representative James A. 'Jim' Traficant Jr.
Party: Democrat
Family: Wife: Patricia Choppa; 2 Children.
Birth Date: 05/08/41
Birth Place: Youngstown, OH
Home City: Poland, OH
Religion: Roman Catholic

Educational Experience:
MS, Counseling, Youngstown State University, 1976
MS, Administration, Youngstown State University, 1973
BS, Education, University of Pittsburgh, 1963.
Professional Experience:
Executive Director, Mahoning County Drug Program, Inc, 1971-1981
Consumer Finance Direcor, Youngstown Community Action Program
Instructor, Classes on Drugs and Alcohol, Colleges, Police Forces
Girard Life Insurance.

First Elected: 11/06/84
Last Elected: 11/07/00

Congressional Election 2000
Votes Received: 120333
Percent of Votes Received: 50.00%

Next Election: 2002

Political Experience:
Mahoning County Sheriff, 1981-1985.

Roll Call Vote Analysis:

Year Voting Participation Party Support Presidential Support
2001 98% 9% 81%
2000 100% 22% 32%
1999 99% 43% 44%
1998 97% 32% 46%
1997 99% 23% 36%

LadyLeatherneck
07-26-02, 06:12 PM
I sure hope he's not a former Marine.
Maybe he's just a supporter.
We have FANS you know ;)

TeufelHunden
07-26-02, 06:22 PM
...The Eagle, Globe and Anchor because he's a fan?!?

Maybe he's just a supporter. We have FANS you know

LadyLeatherneck
07-26-02, 06:47 PM
Well it's just a pin. I mean I don't see anything wrong
with someone wearing an Eagle, Globe, and Anchor
pin. I mean if my dad wore a pin supporting the
Marine Corps I sure wouldn't jump on him for that.
I'd be proud, but maybe that's just me. It's like saying
a U.S. resident can't wear an American Flag pin because
they're not a citizen of the U.S...now would that be right?

USMC0311
07-26-02, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by TeufelHunden <br />
...I've noticed in numerous media images, that James Traficant, the former U.S. Representative, always wears a small Marine Corps Emblem on his lapel. Does anyone...

Sixguns
07-27-02, 06:40 AM
Headquarters Marine Corps has an office that responds to legislative inquiries and other requests for information from congressional members. The Office of Legislative Affairs from time-to-time gives out small gifts to these elected officials to keep them pro-Marine. Maybe someone gave him this emblem to let him know the Marines can help him learn the value of honor, courage and commitment.

TeufelHunden
07-27-02, 06:56 AM
...Myself & thousands before and since have busted their asses to earn the right to wear the Eagle, Globe and Anchor. Many of those same thousands bled and died in service of that same Eagle, Globe and Anchor.

It's one thing to wear a hat, t-shirt, or any other commercially available product with the Eagle, Globe and Anchor incorporated thereon - It's a completely different thing altogether IMO, to wear what appears to me to be a collar emblem for a Dress Blues uniform.

Sparrowhawk
07-27-02, 10:09 AM
The emblem represents integrity, honesty, courage and honor what the former congressman has never learned.

A good grunt would have told him to remove it. Then if he didn't the grunt would have knocked the sh!t out of the congressman.

Just my opinion.

Sixguns
07-27-02, 10:22 AM
I am not saying it is at all right for the congressman to be wearing the emblem. I was merely giving an example of how he may have come into possession of one. I am not a big fan of "honorary Marines" or similar titles being cast on those who have not served as Marines. We are all taught the pride associated with wearing this emblem. It comes from a long and storied past of Marine sacrifices and heroism that enabled the breed to flourish. I hardly think the congressman is part of our breed.

LadyLeatherneck
07-27-02, 01:27 PM
Teufel and Sparrow I know what you're saying and do agree
with you but like I said, it just looks like a pin to me. I mean
if it's straight out a pin just issued to Marines then I'd understand,
but I've seen pins like that out in town wear they sell military
pins for anyone to buy. I mean if this guy is a sh!tbird, okay I can
understand it, but like I said I wouldn't have a problem if I saw
a supportive parent or friend wearing a Marine Pin in support
of the Marine Corps, but I do understand your feeling on the
Eagle, Globe and Anchor and who should wear it and who
shouldn't...I AM a Marine you know ;)

wrbones
07-27-02, 03:59 PM
Take a look at the logic structure of that statement. No wonder ya ****ing folks off alla time! Rethink yer strategy, darlin. That statement won't even work for me! Either they earned it or they didn't in my opinion. But I could be wrong......NOT!

TeufelHunden
07-27-02, 04:08 PM
...In this Marine's humble opinion...

Graduate Marine Corps Bootcamp or OCS = Rate to wear the Eagle, Globe and Anchor.

I can tell you this - If my own father (or anyone else in my family for that matter), who could not be prouder of his Marine son, to this day & I've been out 5+ years, decided to sport an Eagle, Globe and Anchor lapel pin such as the one pictured - You can bet your asses I'd call him on it, with the end result being either he stopped (which I'm sure he would once he understood why, which he does) -OR- This Marine would end up getting written outa the will.

Not trying to be confrontational y'all, this is just a pet peave of mine.

Rat Patrol
07-27-02, 04:19 PM
BY WEARING THAT EMBLEM WHILE HE MAKES AN AZZ OF HIMSELF ON NATIONAL TV, AND BEFORE CONGRESS WITH HIS DUMBSH.T STATEMENTS AND REMARKS HE IS ASSOCIATING HIMSELF WITH THE MARINE CORPS...

AND THAT'S THE IMAGE THAT IS LEFT ON THE DUMB PUBLIC!

TeufelHunden
07-27-02, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Rat Patrol
BY WEARING THAT EMBLEM WHILE HE MAKES AN AZZ OF HIMSELF ON NATIONAL TV, AND BEFORE CONGRESS WITH HIS DUMBSH.T STATEMENTS AND REMARKS HE IS ASSOCIATING HIMSELF WITH THE MARINE CORPS...

Exactly! I can't tell you the number of folks I've had to set straight over the past couple of days who've queried if he was once a Marine and if not, why is he wearing the Eagle, Globe and Anchor.

USMC0311
07-27-02, 04:30 PM
Our Insignia is earned . and should be held in the highest Esteem and Admiration by all that have received the EGA.

Tradition, Honor, Integrity and Dedication.
The crook sure ain't holding none of these attributes.

Semper Fidelis, Marines

TeufelHunden
07-27-02, 05:26 PM
...Are you a family member or friend of a Marine and you wanna show your support?

Wear This...

http://www.dandfoutfitters.com/catalog/images/item73.jpg

Not This...

LadyLeatherneck
07-27-02, 06:29 PM
Okay, point made I'll :o now.

RVwolfpack
12-27-09, 11:21 AM
I was asking the same question, Is Traficant a Marine? (A google search of the q led me to this site)

From most of the posts I’ve seen here, (in response to this particular question, not the site in general) I must say I’m a bit dismayed.

Many of you have spoke of things like honor, integrity and courage; but you seem to be spouting off without knowing the condition of our country. I’ve been following the Traficant issue, off and on, for some time now, and Traficant brings some noteworthy points. (Never to me misinterpreted for my absolute support of him. I don’t trust any politician these days) If you people don’t think there’s corruption in our government and our own government isn’t capable of railroading an outspoken opponent, then you are in very sad shape indeed. I would take the time to explain it to you further if I thought any of you were capable of understanding a word of it.

Have any of you attempted to contact Traficant or one of ‘his people’ directly to get an answer about why he wears the pin? I’ll get back to you all soon and let you know what I find out. Until then, when you’re speaking of integrity, you might want to consider not back stabbing someone until you have facts in hand.

BLT 1/4 13th MEU 88-92

Ed Palmer
12-27-09, 11:44 AM
All I could find is the he is/was a fine outhouse Democrap <br />
James Traficant <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <br />
<br />
Member of the U.S. House of...

GSEMarine94
12-27-09, 01:15 PM
I was asking the same question, Is Traficant a Marine? (A google search of the q led me to this site)

From most of the posts I’ve seen here, (in response to this particular question, not the site in general) I must say I’m a bit dismayed.

Many of you have spoke of things like honor, integrity and courage; but you seem to be spouting off without knowing the condition of our country. I’ve been following the Traficant issue, off and on, for some time now, and Traficant brings some noteworthy points. (Never to me misinterpreted for my absolute support of him. I don’t trust any politician these days) If you people don’t think there’s corruption in our government and our own government isn’t capable of railroading an outspoken opponent, then you are in very sad shape indeed. I would take the time to explain it to you further if I thought any of you were capable of understanding a word of it.

Have any of you attempted to contact Traficant or one of ‘his people’ directly to get an answer about why he wears the pin? I’ll get back to you all soon and let you know what I find out. Until then, when you’re speaking of integrity, you might want to consider not back stabbing someone until you have facts in hand.

BLT 1/4 13th MEU 88-92

You do realize you are replying to a post that is over 7 years old, and that most of the replys are from people who no longer post?

Old Marine
12-27-09, 02:41 PM

I suppose that there is not one former Marine who has stepped on his crank while wearing the EGA. I have seen many step on their crank while wearing the EGA on active duty.

Not a BFG.

RVwolfpack
12-28-09, 12:13 PM
To Ed Palmer No need to waste too much time with you since by your comment I can clearly see you are a partisan. Hopefully you won't follow the Republicans (whom I suspect to be your masters) while believing all the BS, hook line and sinker. (Honestly, the Democrats aren't any better)

To GSE Marine 94 Hopefully this doesnt sound too condescending, but I can read; So yes, I can clearly see the previous posts came from back in 02. The thing is, Traficant is back in the spotlight and the same Q's asked back then are beginning to resurface. I would simply like to find out more about the man aside from the common rhetoric that gets passed around by the corrupt media that many people tend to repeat without giving a thought as to whether or not its the truth.

To Old Marine Kindly clarify Gunny. Are you implying Traficant stepped on his dick? If so, hopefully you can enlighten me.

I have no doubt you have probably done something in your life, that had you been caught, would have landed you in jail. You take the 5th right? Me too.

The key difference is, Traficant was railroaded. COnsidering the governments track record, I have no reason to believe they wouldn't stoop to whatever levels they needed to accomplish what ever they want to, including the falsification or fabrication of evidence. (Don't make me name names of give explicit examples) Since this is the case, and the govt is who the govt is, I believe they wanted Traficant out of the picture for being a thorn in the side of their corruption. For that reason alone, Im interested in what Traficant has to say and will continue to look into it.

I still want to know if he's a Marine and if he has earned the right to wear the EGA. If he has not, then I want to know why he sports it.

zx6rdr
12-28-09, 12:31 PM
Doesnt look like it.... <br />
<br />
Early life and career <br />
Born into a working-class, Catholic family in Youngstown, Ohio, Traficant graduated from Cardinal Mooney High School in 1959 and the University of...

RVwolfpack
12-28-09, 02:04 PM
Hopefully there's someone else reading this thread that has more computer or internet expertise then I do. (I fix things with hammers and technology and I don't always see eye to eye) But all my searches end up with dead ends.

What Im hoping to find is a DIRECT phone number to his office (if he has one) or his home. If I can get it, you can bet I'll be the first one calling to pose the direct question many of us want to know.

Can anyone hook me up?

sparkie
12-28-09, 05:50 PM
Good or bad Politico,,,, He can wear his EGA where the sun don't shine.

Hotel4341
12-29-09, 07:58 AM
Traficant denied he is anti-Semitic, but said that "They [The Zionist extremists in the USA and Israel] control much of the media, they control much of the commerce of the country, and they control powerfully both bodies of the Congress. They own the Congress."

If this isn't a contradictory statement, I don't know what is.