PDA

View Full Version : Injured Marines honored, receive medical help

thedrifter
01-27-08, 08:09 AM
Injured Marines honored, receive medical help

by News Channel 8's Carolee Salerno
Posted Jan. 26, 2008
9:48 PM

Stamford (WTNH) _ Marines injured while serving in Iraq have come home to a rough road to recovery, but Saturday fellow Marines in Stamford showed them support and helped raise money for their care.

Three Marines received a hero's welcome for the incredible sacrifices they made for this country.

"It's priceless. It's worthwhile. It's why I joined to serve our country I'm so proud to be a marine," Cpl. Ryan Dion said.

Cpl. Dion, 23, is one of those three wounded marines honored by the Marine Corps League of Stamford.

During his second tour of duty, a blast in Fallujah meant part of his leg had to be amputated.

"It definitely does help us that people want to help us out because obviously we are going through a tough time in life," Cpl. Dion said.

They're heroes, now getting financial help from people who are grateful for their service. Donators are touched by stories of courage like Terry Rathbun of Norwich who was shot in the face while helping a wounded Marine. Even now he wants every injured soldier to get such support.

"Yeah I would like to see more of it. Especially for some guys who have been severely wounded that really don't have anything," Rathbun said.

Ellie