PDA

View Full Version : Guy on Youtube Claims the Marine Corps is Useless

Blust
01-25-08, 10:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1trZQcY7gts&NR=1

(this is a video of a DI yelling at some Army ROTC cadet, the guy talking crap about the Marines is in the comment section of the vid)

This idiot on here is saying that the Army has fought in all of the dangerous battles in American History, and without the Army the US would not be around today. What makes me so ****ing mad about this is this same idiot made a statement earlier.. "fact that Army has more MOH winners than Marine". I didn't know people could win a Medal of Honor, I always thought they were earned, but I guess I'm just another useless Marine who knows nothing.

I really hate people like this, this makes me so ****ing mad. There's no question about it that the Marines are the best branch of the military, and are by FAR better trained than the Army, but last I checked BOTH branches fight the same battle which is defending our title of 'American'. I get so mad when some idiot like this compares the branches and forgets about what is really important. I could care less which branch has earned more MOHs, what the hell does that matter? I bet this guy is not even in the military.

I'm mostly just venting, but it really makes me mad when idiots like this have no concept whatsoever of what the hell they're talking about.

PFC Blust

LeonardLawrence
01-26-08, 12:54 AM
Sounds like a good way to start a fight in an E-Club. :)

I wouldn't let the poster on You Tube bother, brother. Have you seen some of the crap on there? Talk the talk., but only if you can walk it as well....

"ain't nothing but a thing" and even at that it isn't too much....:scared:

As for the Marine Corps being useless...tell that to the enemy. I would find some moto videos, stay away from the crap and you will be fine.

davblay
01-26-08, 02:23 AM
Sigh.......................this is as old as the Marine Corps itself! Some people have no way of knowing the structure of the military, or they are simply zeroed in on their branch of service. The...

Lucky13
01-26-08, 05:49 AM
It's sad to see people get worked up over who is best, after all we are Americans and all joined a branch for similar reasons. My Grandfather was a Marine fought in Korea he never talked much about the war. My father was a soldier and fought in Nam. the stories my father has told me haunt me to this day. Some of the posts I see under that Utube video is sickening. When a younger Marine or Soldier disrespects a Vet in them ways is out of line in my book. Its very unset and uncalled for. Bottom line is each branch is willing to put thier ass on the line for our loved ones back home. It should not be about bashing each other to the point where you wanna kill each other. To anyone that has served I would like to say Thank You..

Semper Fi

3077India
01-26-08, 06:36 AM
That looked liked a clip where Drill Instructors and Drill Sergeants compete against each other for the best tirade. DI's jack up Soldiers, while DS's jack up Marines. I've heard of this sort of contest, but that was years ago. The cheering in the background after the DI finished his tirade seemed to be an indication this was that sort of contest. Although I'm not 100% sure, since we only get a glimpse of what is happening.

chili77bowl
01-26-08, 10:18 AM
I am reading First to Fight by LT Gen. Krulack.
and in it he asks a question...

Does America NEED a Marine Corps?
The answer is NO, they don't NEED a Corps...the Army can fight on the land, and CAN do (they have the doctrine) sea to shore movements, and the Air Force can take care of the air...we are NOT NEEDED...but...

remember, AMERICA WANTS A MARINE CORPS! We are assured our survival by the facts that we don't quit and while the going may be real tough, we have set in our hearts that purpose of accomplishing it.

So when people get in my face and say that the Corps is not needed, I usually say, "You're right, we're not...but we are sure WANTED!"

:iwo: