PDA

View Full Version : Marine Corps Silent Drill Team

TimberlakeEric
01-23-08, 11:12 PM
Does anyone know if or when the Marine Corps Silent Drill Team is coming to Arizona. Or if there is a link to a tour schedule my dad said he will travel to see them it doesnt matter where. I would be greatful for any information thanks alot. Semper Fi:usmc:

2PW
01-24-08, 01:22 AM
The Battle Color Detachment which includes the Commandant's Own and the Silent Drill Platoon
http://drumcorps.mbw.usmc.mil/schedule.htm

Hope this is the info your looking for

TimberlakeEric
01-24-08, 11:27 AM
Yes, thats what I was looking for thanks alot.

Marine1955
01-05-09, 12:17 PM
heres a sight for you to see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv_Q9MtfRHk

the U.S.M.C. Silent drill team

TimberlakeEric
01-23-09, 03:18 PM
Ah, yeah I have come across this on youtube before that is the video my dad showed me when he was telling me to find out information on the Marine Corps S.D.T. Thank you though

Old Marine
01-23-09, 04:40 PM
They will be at MCRD, San Diego on 7 March 2009. Two performances, one at 10:00 AM and one at 2:00 PM.

giveen
02-18-09, 03:07 PM
They practice yearly in MCAS Yuma, along with the band.

Its annoying because my shop use to be right across the way from where all the brass in the band practice and they use to blow the same note for hours.

tmperimon
02-26-10, 11:58 AM
I just saw this today:

Members of the Marine Corps Silent Drill Team go through their final dress rehearsal Wednesday morning at Marine Corps Air Station Yuma. Performances for the general public will be held at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Kofa High School and at 7 p.m. Saturday at Veterans Memorial Stadium adjacent to Gila Ridge High School. Both shows are free. The performances will highlight the musical talents of "The Commandant's Own," U.S. Marine Drum and Bugle Corps, the precision drill of the Silent Drill Platoon and the discipline of the Color Guard. The unit, which is based in Washington, D.C., spends three weeks a year in Yuma preparing for its West Coast tour.