PDA

View Full Version : Approved!!

hump_drop
01-23-08, 11:56 AM
After nearly 7 years of the Army National Guard, I was approved today to re-enlist in the Marine Reserves. I get to wear an Eagle, Globe, and Anchor again and be part of a military organization again. You have no idea how this feels!

I am so happy! I should be able to swear in later this week or early next week.

Anyone got an idea how they will do my uniform issue? I left active duty in 2000, before the new digital cammies, etc. Of course none of my service uniforms are even close to fitting, I was a 130 lb runt, and now I am near 180.

jerry pattison
01-23-08, 12:09 PM
Semper-fi
Brother

3077India
01-23-08, 12:14 PM
After nearly 7 years of the Army National Guard, I was approved today to re-enlist in the Marine Reserves. I get to wear an Eagle, Globe, and Anchor again and be part of a military organization again. You have no idea how this feels!

I am so happy! I should be able to swear in later this week or early next week.

Anyone got an idea how they will do my uniform issue? I left active duty in 2000, before the new digital cammies, etc. Of course none of my service uniforms are even close to fitting, I was a 130 lb runt, and now I am near 180.Wish I could too, but due to my age I have to settle for the Lousyana National Guard. In other words, I'd rather have a Ferrari, but I'm forced to settle for a Pinto.:( At any rate, my congrats on your going back to OUR BELOVED CORPS. Thought I must say, I am jealous.

rb1651
01-23-08, 07:22 PM
CONGRATS!!! Wish I could rejoin, but they have this thing about missin' four fingers on your hand. :cry: Wear your EGA proudly. :flag:

kabar1
01-23-08, 07:57 PM
i know you will do us honor by returning to our CORPS.
SEMPER FI

RLeon
01-24-08, 02:17 AM
Congrats,
I'm happy for you and envious at the same time.
:evilgrin:

USMC8541Sgt
01-24-08, 05:39 PM
Welcome Home.