PDA

View Full Version : Judge rips lawyer who keyed Marine’s car

thedrifter
01-23-08, 08:30 AM
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Judge rips lawyer who keyed Marine’s car
by Matt Bramanti | 01/22/2008 4:40 pm |

In December, Chicago lawyer and anti-military zealot Jay Grodner did something very, very stupid.

Not satisfied with simply being a deranged moonbat, he decided to become a vandal as well — he keyed a car belonging to Marine Sgt. Mike McNulty. Grodner then added insult to injury by claiming that McNulty accused him because Grodner is Jewish.
When called to court to answer for his crime, Grodner tried to get a continuance until January, by which time Sgt. McNulty would have been deployed to Iraq.

But wait, it gets even better: When the trial rolled around, Grodner couldn’t be bothered to show up on time, and the judge issued a warrant for his arrest. Grodner finally waltzed into court, and was promptly arrested.

On Friday, Grodner agreed to a plea deal in which he got a year of probation and a $600 fine, which will go to a Marine charity. In approving the deal, here’s what Judge O’Malley (who happens to be a Marine veteran) had to say:

You’re fortunate, Mr. Grodner, that you made that agreement with the State. My understanding is that you caused damage to this young Marine sergeant’s car because you were offended by his Marine Corps license plates.

I’m going to tell you something, Mr. Grodner. The Marine Corps license plates do not involve anything dealing with an ego. The proceeds go to the Marine Corps Scholarship Fund, which provides scholarships for all children of all Marines and Navy Corpsmen that fight and aide the Marine Corps; and, a larger amount of money goes to scholarships for those who have lost their lives.

You probably also wondered why there was a whole crowd of people here today, Mr. Grodner.

THE DEFENDANT: I don’t want wonder.

THE COURT: That’s because there is a little principle that the Marine Corps has and has had since 1775, when they had fought and lost their lives so that people like you could enjoy the freedom of this country; and, that is a little proverb that we follow: “That no Marine is left behind.”

So, Sergeant McNulty couldn’t be here; but, other Marines showed in his stead. Take him away.

Well done, your Honor.

As the damage to the car was more than $300, Jay D. Grodner, Esq. is now a felon. But Grodner’s not out of the woods yet. The Illinois Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission wants to have a word with him. And of course, he has to deal with the humiliation caused by bloggers who are all too happy to post his barely-intelligible online dating profile:

I love sex. I’m wild about so many ways that sex makes life worth living. I joined this site because the women I’m seeing are both beautiful and adventurous. I have plenty of work a free time to talk. somtimes one needs to act.

Any guess on how long it’ll take this little weasel to violate his probation?

Ellie