PDA

View Full Version : Finally got the clear...

Brandon1
01-21-08, 09:38 PM
I got the clear to start actually working out again from the Doc today. Been a few weeks or so sense I tore my quad and had to stop working out. To me it seemed like time was standing still I dont think anything has ever gone so slow. BUT in my few weeks of taking a break I managed to lose 4 pounds...Explain that please lol. So in all reality I only need to lose 5 or 6 more pounds to enlist WOOT! Anyways I just got back from doin my regular 3 mile run and sadly it was a littler slower than before but wont take much to get back. So the Doc said I should still take it easy for a few more days. Make my route a jog/walk atleast until Thursday or Friday I can live with that. I do have a problem going slow but oh well only for a few more days. So I just thought I would let ya'll know that I have gotten the clear and I predict that by the end of the month or by my b-day (Febuary 12th) be enlisted in the United States Marine Corps! Wouldnt that be a badass Birthday?

WKranz
01-22-08, 01:12 AM
You lost 4 pounds of muscle, thats where it came from. Stay Moto.

I turn 19 in Phase 1 of Boot, that ought to be a fun one haha.

jungleman4422
01-22-08, 01:43 AM
Just a thought, could you have gone swimming instead of running. I live in Alaska where I can't run in snow very well so I swim, just a thought.

Brandon1
01-22-08, 03:46 AM
Nah theres no indoor pool where I live and the pool in my backyard well....It's just to damn cold to swim outside right now lol. I guess i'm just going to have to gain that muscle back no biggie.

TSchultz
01-22-08, 05:29 PM
Jungle, You have indoor pools but no treadmills?

karstenchu
01-22-08, 08:58 PM
Awesome, stay moto and don't come back too hard.

jungleman4422
01-23-08, 01:17 AM
Yeah we do have treadmills I just cant stand how much my knees and feet hurt after running on them. But yeah man stay with it.

yellowwing
01-23-08, 06:55 AM
You were still able to run 3 miles? That is great! Did you work on upper body during that time?

Brandon1
01-23-08, 08:30 PM
Yeah it took a littler longer but that was expected. I did as much with my upper body as I could pushups were my main thing because I have no access to a gym but I can improvise.

yellowwing
01-23-08, 08:40 PM
...but I can improvise
Excellent! I predict that there will be much of that in your future. :D

JChebahtah
01-24-08, 12:50 AM
Sweet. Good to hear you're back in the game! Keep it up! :]

skaterjon89
01-24-08, 12:57 AM
I turn 19 three days into boot also lol.