PDA

View Full Version : Intel on Sky Pilots near Camp Lejeune

Joe Vandal
01-19-08, 02:14 PM
A former school mate of my kiddos has been recently been birthed as a young Devil Dog and reported to his first duty station at MCB Camp Lejeune. I'm looking for info to pass on to this young Marine about churches near Camp Lejeune.

Is there anyone here that can give any intel on the local church scene in Jacksonville?

The last time I passed through there was in 1977 for an overnight.

Thanks folks!
Joe Vandal

Phantom Blooper
01-19-08, 04:34 PM
http://jacksonville-nc.addresses.com/city/churches/Jacksonville-North%20Carolina-NC-112.html

:evilgrin:

teufelhund727
01-19-08, 09:11 PM
What kind of churches is he looking for? A certain denomination. My husband and I have tried just about every baptist church around here. I also have friends who attend a church of a deifferent denomination. I'll help in any way I can.

Joe Vandal
01-19-08, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the quick response teufelhund727. He is coming from a non-traditional baptist church in the Knoxville, TN area. By non-traditional I mean contemporary music, casual dress, and such. Biblical truth is more important than denomination, but it is also important to help him find a place that caters to young Marines, and gives them a place to worship and study God's Word in an atmosphere of support.

We all know they need every bit of support we can give them, 'cause they have placed themselves at the point of the spear to give us everything they have.

Thanks again!

Joe Vandal

teufelhund727
01-20-08, 10:17 AM
Well I have to say that the church we enjoyed the most was First Baptist Church on Gum Branch Road. They have 3 services. The early morning one is a very traditional service. The one at 9:30 is non-traditional. That is the one we always try to attend. There are a LOT of young people there and it is a great way to meet fellow christians of the same age. The music is uplifting and contemporary. All in all, we really love it. The only thing right now, is the pastor has been called to another church and the congregation is in the process of "interviewing" several pastors. I always find that it's nice to hear a variety of styles. Overall, we found this church to be the one that had the most programs and activities for people our age. (We are 24 & 25). I also heard Enon Baptist on Piney Green was very good, but it has been a few years since I visited there, and again the crowd seemed to be elderly. LEt me know if there is anything else I can help you with. Take care!