PDA

View Full Version : National Marine Corps Museum

KevinR90
01-19-08, 12:55 AM
Just wanted to see if anyone has been to the National Marine Corps Museum in Quantico, VA. I went there for a pool function with my recruiter(s) and about 29 other poolees. I just had to say it was an awesome trip and very interesting. If you have the time you should go- it's free. I know i'm going back as soon as possible because we didn't get to spend as much time as we could have.

crazymjb
01-19-08, 04:59 PM
That place is great. There is already a thread on it here:

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53474&highlight=Museum

Mike

Books
01-20-08, 12:45 PM
I've been there. It was very interesting and very artistic. The way they sculpted some of the exibits and painted those settings were very professional and immersive. I went there with my parents and they left in a state of awe, like they never knew Marines died for them before they went to the museum... I think it was that opening film that got them.

TrailMix
01-20-08, 07:07 PM
I was one of the other 29 poolees! I really want to go again before I ship. That place was filled with knowledge.

crazymjb
01-20-08, 11:31 PM
I don't know how school schedules sync up, but for February break a bunch of poolees from my RSS (in MA) are planning a trip down to DC and Triangle for 2-3 days.

Mike