PDA

View Full Version : Dual Marriage--to Do Or Not To Do?

teufelhund727
01-18-08, 01:08 PM
I'm in need of advice. I have been married to my husband for going on 6 years. He is currently in his second enlistment and just picked up Sgt. We have 2 young children and he just returned from his third deployment in Iraq. He is now being stationed on a reserve base in Ga...Non-deployable for 3 years. (no guarantees of course....but hopefully it works out.) I have wanted to join the service since I was a teenager and now after much talking and weighing the pros and cons have decided (tentatively) to enlist in the marine corps. I have spoken with a recruiter and have been "guaranteed" a job in the CB field--admin. Our rationalization is that no matter what base he gets stationed on--there is always a need for admin. We have been told by numerous people in the Marine Corps that they are very good about stationing you within 50 miles of eachother. I just wanted to hear from someone who has maybe been through this. The only cons that have come up in our conversations have been the fact that I will be gone from my girls for the 13 weeks of boot camp, and then A school. And any subsequent deployments of course, but like I said he should be home for the next 3 years. Then there's the chance that we may end up on different sides of the country. He works in aviation mechanics, and as I said, I am choosing the admin field in hopes that this will keep us stationed close together if not on the same base. Is there anyone who has been through this that may have some advice?

SHHTTR CREW
01-18-08, 04:10 PM
I love th MC with everything I am, BUT the grass is not always greener on the other side. for what it's worth.