PDA

View Full Version : I'm STEAMING

Whitey
01-14-08, 11:07 PM
So I'm on PRAs right now and today we went to do a classroom presentation at one of the highschools for Army JROTC classes. The SAI was not there and everything was going well, the AI was treating us as comrades and giving us the ut most respect. We did the same and avoided bringing up any negatives of any other military. It was more of a career briefing than a recruiting pitch.

So we do the first 2 classes then goto get some chow, we come back just in time to start the next class. When we walk in the SAI is going over current events and the first thing he brings up is LCpl Lauterbach he emphasizes that a Marine is under investigation for murdering another Marine. He goes over ONLY that as a current event before giving us the floor. We're doing the class as normal and I'm getting hammered with questions about boot camp when he starts asking questions and pretty much guides the entire class into asking questions about just embassy duty(no i'm not trash talking it but you can only fill a kids brain with so much about embassy duty in 85 minutes before they get bored).

So we finish that class and move onto the next one and he does the same thing. after the class is over he has the class thank us for coming and then says "now one thing I wish we could've gotten to is Marine special forces, the reason the Marines don't have special forces is because they think(emphasized condescending tone) they're all special forces"

now here I sit, ****ed right the hell off about the whole thing and trying to figure out a way to combat this on wednesday when we go back for the other half of the JROTC battalion.

anyone have any ideas? My recruiter and I are not going to outright disrespect a LtCol even if he's retired.

SGTBrentG
01-15-08, 12:01 AM
Yeah, I have something for you:

Aint
Ready to be
Marines
Yet

And if the LtCol (or LTC for those army boys) don't like that, tell him I said suck MY dick!

Big Jim
01-15-08, 12:11 AM
I'd pull him aside before the class and politely ask him to be quiet and let the students ask whatever questions they want to and for him not to "STEER" the subject toward anything. And as far as making any remarks about Lcpl. Lauterbach, I'd make sure he knew that subject was off limits for discussion. Its none of his business that one of our own had to die such a gruesome death at the hand of an animal that should die the same death 1000 times over!!. ****en Army!! No respect!! I'd remind him of that, too! That you are talking about Marine Corps subjects and nothing else, be stern and forthright...he will get the picture! If he doesn't like it, just set up a desk in the lobby somewhere where he doesn't "preside" over anything, you know? Hell with trying avoid disrespecting him, HE needs to show some also!! You're active duty for chrissake and his time has passed!! Good Luck!!

davblay
01-15-08, 12:13 AM
Whitey....just remember that "when your up to your ass in alligators, you forget your original mission was to drain the swamp"! ;)

Don't let them intimidate you, that's what the LtCol was trying to do,,,, do not play into his games, besides, he might have had a run in with his old lady at lunch, or maybe his lunch wasn't setting well with him, you never know what triggered his behavior. You said it started later in the day, after all! Besides he's still an 0-5, retired or not!

Just my 2 cents!

Dave

SGTBrentG
01-15-08, 12:25 AM
Probably better advice from the other two Marines, Whitey, than what I said. The more I think about it, the more ****ed I get too. This guy is a commissioned officer in the US military and he feels the need to stoop to that level? As far as I am concerned that just shows his ignorance. This is not the first time a Marine has killed another Marine, nor will it be the last. But I can guarantee there have been just as many instances in the army as the Marine Corps. I don't remember the guys name, but the army had a highly publicized case of an army DR. killing his wife....Jeffrey something or other. Keep your head up Marine and counter his BS with the rich traditions and history that he can't claim. He is jealous of you and just like davblay said is trying to intimidate you. The only thing he has to stand behind is his rank. You can put him in his place and do so respectfully. Good luck Marine!

davblay
01-15-08, 12:41 AM
Also the fact that this involved two Marines is rare on the national news lines, makes it stand out vene more, He would want to discuss the money stolen in Iraq, ot the prison problems over there, on the news on local Tv here in Tennesee alot of what soldiers, in Clarksville, are doing to each other, yata, yata, yata. This is a rare occasion that seldom happens in our Corps, the public just can't comprehend us hurting each other, so It is BIG NEWS. Think of it guys, The media can help catch this piece od crap, maybe before he gets out of the country! I try not to read into the reports, as those types have been around ever since news the media has been around!

davblay
01-15-08, 12:48 AM
When you get into a mind game with someone ...make sure you got enough ammo,,,,,,,and when one of you is a LtCol, he has the advantage, You may win a battle, but HE will win the WAR! Believe me he will! Even retired he can still make calls and stir up a big stink, besides the Corps might want to return next year to that school! He may be gone next year, ya know they go through them like crap thru a goose!

Just remember that "sometimes the best response is no response at all"!

Semper Fi Whitey,

Dave

Covey_Rider
01-15-08, 02:45 AM
Hahahaha. Marines don't have special forces huh??? Yeah tell that to the recon guys and tell that to my buddies over with MARSOC (Marine Special Operations Command). Just an fyi the Marine Corps got rid of Force Recon and turned it all into MARSOC. I don't have the patience to deal with stupid people like that guy. I don't care who you are...you don't disrespect the Corps.

Whitey
01-15-08, 06:07 AM
See, my dad and brother are army. I can have the USMC vs Army debate all day with them and not get angered but this i feel this officer outright **** on every me and every marine to come before me. the pin was pulled and the grenade was about to go off, thank god we're actually taught discipline and respect in boot camp:-)

LeonardLawrence
01-15-08, 08:47 AM
You could get your "revenge" by giving a presentation on Marine Special Forces and recent changes in the SPECOPS community in the Corps.

I would ignore the comments for the unprofessional comments they are and win others to "your side" of things with professionalism.

Remember, you represent all of us there, Marine ;)

davblay
01-15-08, 09:07 AM
That's my point CPL, we as Marines have to carry ourselves as professionals at all time while in public. Stooping to this type of harrassment is putting our selves down on their level! It's hard to turn the other check, but when you are in someones elses home you have to behave yourself if you want to come back!

That school sounds like it's pro Army anyway, so tread lightly! OK? Recruiters have a hard enough time without any confrontations, and we are better than that!

Phantom Blooper
01-15-08, 09:08 AM
Unprofessionals in the classroom is a characteristic trait of some Army instructors when it come to dealing with Marines.

If he persists I agree to meet with him separately and ask him to cease and desist. If this is not possible then go to his boss and request the same.

As far as the Lauterbauch case....ask him about the Army Sergeant in Iraq or Afghanistan in the first year of the war,who decided that he would like to frag his superior officers in a tent while they slept.

Each branch of the military has members that are guilty of heinous crimes and it will be no different in years to come. The spotlight is on the military in general but statistics show that the civilian populace is not free from crime some equal to or much worse than the aforementioned case.

If all else fails lay some of that boot camp Fu Manchu on his azz that you young Marines are learning nowadays....and tell him LCPL Lauterbauch is deceased and guarding the streets of gold..... so she sent me!

:evilgrin:

davblay
01-15-08, 09:12 AM
Well put Blooper....Amen!

GolfingJarhead
01-15-08, 09:12 AM
I'd suggest maybe heading over to www.militarycorruption.com (http://www.militarycorruption.com) and viewing some of the recent Army cases. Don't bring them up in front of the class, but if the LtCol does anything again ask to speak to him in private. Tell him that if he feels like bringing up such unfortunate things like Maria Lauterbach or the MARSOC investigation that it might just be worth bringing up some of the Army's problems to ballance the discussion. In the minds of youth bringing up the problems of a SINGLE Marine can tarnish EVERY Marine, and I'm sure he wouldn't want someone tarnishing the Army as well. Keep it respectful, but don't back down.

Whitey
01-15-08, 11:25 AM
Some other mental notes I took on how ate up this guy is in my mind: 3 cadets fell asleep during the presentation(the didn't like my sick humor in waking them up), they were insulting eachother blatantly, they were talking back to the cadre's, they would speak when others were speaking, during formation they were talking and joking without correction.

really the undisciplined trying to instill discipline? this is like helen keller trying to teach me the abc's

Buckeye
01-15-08, 12:26 PM
MOST OF MY FAMILY WERE ARMY OFFICERS,THERE WAS ONLY ONE WAY TO OUT DO THEM......Oooo Rah!!! I'd remind the LTCOL.....Once he gets to Heavens scenes ,he"ll see the streets are guarded by UnitedStates Marines...Even he's got to request permission to pass!!
This subject is a touchy one,you may want to ask him to stick to the course at hand & keep his opinions to himself...Opinions are like Ass Holes...everyone's got one...

jrhd97
01-15-08, 12:47 PM
When teaching these kids some of the rich history of the Marines, point out that :
1) Marines under Gen. Macarthur were forced to surrender,while following orders ( Army orders), in the Philipines.
2) The Marines victory at Belleau Woods in WWI, the Army couldn't get it done
3) 3rd Recon in Vietnam getting the U.S Army Presidential Unit Citation and why
4) Didn't the Marines save the Army's butt in Korea after they were pushed all the way down the penninsula. Wasn't it the Marines who had there 1st Div surrounded by Chicoms and killed them all
5) The Marines are the ones trained and disciplined enough to guard U.S Embassy's, fly Marine One, and stand tall at the White House. Where is the Army?
6) The Marines were tasked with training the Army how to do amphibiose landings prior to D-Day
Oh yeah, how about all those battle streamers.

Covey_Rider
01-15-08, 01:49 PM
Also go ahead and tie in some recent battles. Take Fallujah for instance...the reason that Marines are based there is because the Army couldn't take the city. And when we had to take it and we turned it back over to them they couldn't hold it. So that's why Fallujah Two happened and more Marines got killed...because the army couldn't do their job. And now Marines are occupying Iraq because the army can't hold their ground.

jetdoc
01-15-08, 03:42 PM
Just make sure you keep a smile on your face and refute this army dog. Obviously we Marines have Special Forces....we were just not a member of SOCOM. Did the Marines not just recently join SOCOM? Here on Wikipedia is shows the Special Forces by country and branch, we seem to have 6 units in the USMC.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Special_Operations_Forces

So the doggy saying that we do not have Special Forces just shows his ignorance. And if he is ignorant on that then what else is he ignorant about?

Talking about the recent murder is a lame attempt to slam the Marines. How about when the war first started wasn't there a army guy who rolled a hand grenade into a tent full of his "buddies" and blew them up?

How about the Army with all of their gang problems. They are having such recruiting problems that they are letting gang bangers in...and recently a army guy was killed after he went through their little "initiation"...so another army on army kiling. Gangs are a real problem in the army, http://www.streetgangs.com/topics/1995/072795cpblmil.html

This is from their own USArmy times: http://www.armytimes.com/news/2007/08/army_gangs_reports_070828w/

So to me the army light kernel, (or whatever rank he was), should make sure his own house is in order before he slams the Marines....freaken dickwad.

Covey_Rider
01-15-08, 03:50 PM
Yes the Marine Corps has joined with SOCOM. The first unit to join SOCOM from the Marine side was MARDET 1. We're not as involved with SOCOM as the other branches are but that's one of the things that the Marine Corps prides itself in.

jetdoc
01-15-08, 03:59 PM
Yes the Marine Corps has joined with SOCOM. The first unit to join SOCOM from the Marine side was MARDET 1. We're not as involved with SOCOM as the other branches are but that's one of the things that the Marine Corps prides itself in.

Thats what I'm talking about. :thumbup: And it just proves how STUPID the army tool is...I'd through all of this fresh info back into his face.

Deduke
01-15-08, 04:02 PM
Among the other special Marine forces, let's not forget the most successful operation in Vietnam - Combined Action. 114 villages were protected by a CAP, and not one single village fell to the Communists until after we left. The current Surge in Iraq is based on the CAP concept.

Semper Fi
Deduke

Accord
01-17-08, 12:11 PM
A LtCol in the Army? So that makes him what, equivelant to a Cpl in the Marine Corps?

Accord
01-17-08, 12:14 PM
The Marine Corps has MARSOC, I lived with them for 2 months on the USS Nassau.

They don't get any special treatment like high echelon units in the other branches do. They're normal Marines with a huge budget.

bdfairchild
01-17-08, 12:41 PM
What you just said is happening again, but on a much larger scale this time. Instead of the Army losing just one city, Fallujah, they are losing the entire country of Afghanistan. If you have been reading the news lately, you will have seen that we are sending a re-inforced MEU into the south region of Afghanistam, because the Army can't keep up.

Top Fairchild:flag:

Also go ahead and tie in some recent battles. Take Fallujah for instance...the reason that Marines are based there is because the Army couldn't take the city. And when we had to take it and we turned it back over to them they couldn't hold it. So that's why Fallujah Two happened and more Marines got killed...because the army couldn't do their job. And now Marines are occupying Iraq because the army can't hold their ground.

Covey_Rider
01-17-08, 01:38 PM
The Marine Corps has MARSOC, I lived with them for 2 months on the USS Nassau.

They don't get any special treatment like high echelon units in the other branches do. They're normal Marines with a huge budget.

Yeah I know what you're saying. We do have MARSOC. MARSOC is what used to be known as Force Recon. But just know that we do have a few detachments in SOCOM. It's outside of MARSOC.

YLDNDN6
01-17-08, 01:55 PM
I think the bottom line here is to point out that in spite of being Marines, we are all still human beings who deal with our problems like any other human being might. Stress sucks, no matter what uniform you wear, and to attribute the manner in which that particular situation was handled to the fact that he is a Marine is just plain childish. Surely an educated man such as himself would be able to see the reason in this statement. If not, butt stroke his squishy ass retarded face and move on...

Accord
01-17-08, 03:23 PM
What you just said is happening again, but on a much larger scale this time. Instead of the Army losing just one city, Fallujah, they are losing the entire country of Afghanistan. If you have been reading the news lately, you will have seen that we are sending a re-inforced MEU into the south region of Afghanistam, because the Army can't keep up.

Top Fairchild:flag:
I'm one of the grunts in that MEU going to the Ghan.

TennysonUSMC
01-18-08, 09:48 AM
No special forces?

Try MARSOC.
Try Marines that stop wars before they happen.
Try Marines that run 20 miles in combat gear like its cool.

Hey, we're all devil dogs, and we're all killers, but they're mother****ing Recon.