PDA

View Full Version : Time goes by so quick.

dmdenike
01-14-08, 03:45 PM
Man, time has gone by so quick. This Wednesday it will be exactly 5 months till I ship to bootcamp. Im so excited and cannot wait. My asvab score was a 71 and my MOS is 03XX, im only 5'7" and 130lbs so ill probably end up 0311(hopefully). Back on subject, I know its not time yet for me to go and I still have time to prepare but this website has been the most helpful. USE YOUR TIME WISLEY POOLEE's!!! I know I'm going to use the next 5 months to my advantage and learn as much as possible and get my IST scores up. Thanks for everything yall!!

crazymjb
01-14-08, 05:42 PM
I have a little countdown timer goin on my computer, I'm at (projected, because they keep playing with my date) 4 months, 24 days. Time does fly.

Mike

skaterjon89
01-14-08, 05:54 PM
If I count the days it seems like forever, so I just go loddy-da with my life until I leave for boot in August (although I think I'm going to leave late May-early July sometime). To me it is like looking at a clock, if you stare at it time seems to go by slow, but if you don't pay attention and try to keep yourself busy ZOOOOM! you are there... It has been going by quick though, I DEP'ed in back in October and another who dep'ed in a week before me that I went to pool functions with is coming back from boot camp on Feb. 7th, I should have went with him, but im going to finish up some college first...

Smitty Puffs
01-14-08, 06:22 PM
Seems ill be headin to the Island the same day as you. I personally think time is dragging by. Ive already got my Run time and crunches to a perfect score, now I just need 6 more pull-ups to make it perfect across the board. O ya i think by crunches in your profile you mean pull-ups right? Just lettin you know.

sawatzke82
01-14-08, 07:16 PM
I've got awhile before I graduate H.S. and ship out(two days later). But its going by really fast and I'm having alot of fun, really trying to enjoy the time I have before reality comes screaming in my face...literally. 132 more days.

dmdenike
01-14-08, 07:17 PM
Hah. Yeah, I screwed up. Its been changed.* You say your shipping out on the same day. Does this mean where likley to be in the same platoon? Whats your MOS?

sparkie
01-14-08, 07:30 PM
All very cute youngins,,,,,, I love this stuff. Remember to get prepped, and have a little fun still. Your growin,,, and life awaits. You all look fine,,,, always look fine to yourself. Do I dare say Semper Fi here???

Smitty Puffs
01-14-08, 08:06 PM
Hah. Yeah, I screwed up. Its been changed.* You say your shipping out on the same day. Does this mean where likley to be in the same platoon? Whats your MOS? Its certainly a possibility. Im not sure exactly how they sort recruits out though.

Ub3rmike
01-14-08, 08:31 PM
I'm also heavily anticipating boot. My date may be changed once college acceptance letters come and I get changed to 92 day, but I roughly have about 5 months to go as well. 5 months ago I thought that it would take aeons for recruit trianing to come for me, but reflecting back on what I've done in those 5 months, I can gladly say that I wouldn't give up the time I had and still have. 6'0", 137 pounds, couldn't do single pull up, 75 sit ups, but after weekly PT and some self-imposed Armstrong Pullup program I've gained a little weight and I'm pulling 15, and doing in 116 sit ups in 2 minutes. Now I'm trying to keep improving my pull ups and making sure my run is up to snuff for OCS.

Just as the original post stated, those of you who have time (IE, you still need to graduate high school or get whatever education needed to be good to go), use it. The journey of a thousand li begins with a single footstep.

Smitty Puffs
01-14-08, 08:43 PM
Truth be told, ive been waiting for boot camp sense I was 7 or 8. I still really havent grasped the fact that its almost here and that I can finally do what ive been dreaming of for such a long time.

kelley26
01-14-08, 10:59 PM
Same here kinda.... except I came out my momma wanting to be a Marine!

Fubar5812
01-14-08, 11:03 PM
i leave febuary 25th,just enjoying my time as a civilian (and with hair) and PT'ing.

Mindgame
01-15-08, 08:10 PM
Wait until that ship date gets closer. The feeling in my stomach is unexplainable. Its a mix of alot of excitement, some nervousness, topped of with motivation.

I can't imagine how I am going to feel the last few days before shipping. It came so fast, and I don't even have a full two weeks to go. Its only going to go by faster. Im trying to cram everyone in on my last weekend before I ship.

Ketchup
01-15-08, 09:32 PM
Oh man I tottally feel you guys!! ;-p

I have 7 days.

I'm sitting in my practically empty bed room with just a desk, computer, guitar amp and a bed. My dad had me pretty much move out.

Although, I'm still waiting for the rush of a million emotions, I'm guessing thats going to hit on the plane ride or MEPs. Right now I'm just excited as all hell.

Marine84
01-15-08, 10:13 PM
All very cute youngins,,,,,, I love this stuff. Remember to get prepped, and have a little fun still. Your growin,,, and life awaits. You all look fine,,,, always look fine to yourself. Do I dare say Semper Fi here???

(heavy sigh) If we could just go back.............................

Fubar5812
01-15-08, 10:45 PM
do you miss it sometimes 84?