PDA

View Full Version : Mileage restriction while traveling????

mjmoree
01-14-08, 03:44 PM
I am going home getting out of the marines in a few days. Is there a certain amount of miles you drive before you have to take a break or sleep? We are driving 2500 miles & don't wanna go over any...

greensideout
01-14-08, 04:20 PM
Just do what you know is right! Don't drive longer then you know that you should! It's not just about you, it's about all of us. We all travel the same roads so exercise good judgement when you hit the pavement and have a nice trip home.

GySgtRet
01-14-08, 04:48 PM
Thank you for your service. I know that it is probably an exciting time for you and your family. Try and get with the S-1 and see if they can't help you out with what is called the JTR (Joint Travel Regulations) I am sure some Marine down in Norfolk would be glad to help you out. When I mustered out for the last time on July 2 1993 after 20 years I had a huge lump in my throat, I didn't look back but I still miss the Marines that I served with. I have been out longer than you have been in the Corps. As you look back in the years to come you may say, I am still a Marine. Nobody can take that away.

Again thank for your service.

Semper Fi

:flag:

Phantom Blooper
01-14-08, 05:10 PM
http://perdiem.hqda.pentagon.mil/perdiem/trvlregs.html

:evilgrin: