PDA

View Full Version : what can we do to help the Lauterbach family??

BOTTLEDZ28
01-13-08, 07:18 PM
is there anything us marines can do to help this womans family? Are there any donations setup at all?

yellowwing
01-13-08, 09:11 PM
Haven't heard anything yet.

Big Jim
01-13-08, 09:59 PM
The family is still greiving yet...they're taking all this really hard and I don't blame them. It'd destroy me if I lost any one of my girls...and I tell ya...it'd be me to be the one to worry about if it happened the way this thing did. I plan to call over to their house and to see if anything can be done and if I can come to the funeral when it happens. They only live about a 45 minute drive from where I live here in Ohio. I'll keep you guys posted and let you know what we can do from our end if anything. But, I know the Marine Corps isn't really high on their popularity list right now. Just give 'em some time to greive and heal....

BOTTLEDZ28
01-13-08, 11:00 PM
I know what you mean Big Jim about the families feelings toward the marine corps as a whole right now. A very good buddy of mine commited suicide in the barracks one night and his family was shocked and ****ed the marine corps. A few of us from the unit drove from lejeune to Ohio to his funeral and wake and the family didnt really want us there. I was personally slapped right in the face at his funeral by his aunt because she was so ****ed at the uniform and I just happen to be standing there. There was nothing I could do but stand there. I felt so bad for the entire family so I know how this womans family must be feeling right now. it just ****es me off more and more when I hear more about this incident.

I wonder is we can get an online signiture book together for all or us to sign to show our condolences for her and then give it to the family. anything, something.:flag: :usmc: :flag:

Phantom Blooper
01-14-08, 04:29 AM
People find ways to honor Lauterbach <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
STAFF REPORTS <br />
January 14, 2008 - 1:11AM <br />
<br />
Plans for a candlelight vigil are developing and many tributes are appearing via the Internet as family,...

Accord
01-14-08, 05:37 AM
I'll donate my H&K USP 45 and a box of 50 rounds of Speer Gold Dot JHP .45 ACP to the family for use when the "suspect" is found.

susan171
01-30-08, 02:05 PM
The Vetwow Maria Lauterbach / MST

Memorial Monument

http://us.f347.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download/us/ShowLetter?box=Inbox&MsgId=1416_12958891_25596_2530_45779_0_82192_75222 _3660348080&bodyPart=2&YY=64187&y5beta=yes&y5beta=yes&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b&Idx=2http://us.f347.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download/us/ShowLetter?box=Inbox&MsgId=1416_12958891_25596_2530_45779_0_82192_75222 _3660348080&bodyPart=3&YY=64187&y5beta=yes&y5beta=yes&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b&Idx=2http://us.f347.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download/us/ShowLetter?box=Inbox&MsgId=1416_12958891_25596_2530_45779_0_82192_75222 _3660348080&bodyPart=4&YY=64187&y5beta=yes&y5beta=yes&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b&Idx=2

In light of the murder of Lcpl Maria Lauterbach the organization VETWOW Women Organizing Women Advocates for MST (Military Sexual Trauma) are working on a project to have a large scale memorial erected for both Lcpl Maria Lauterbach and all women and men who have experienced MST.

Maria Lauterbach represents all the cases of women and men on active duty who have experienced MST. Most cases are covered up, hidden far away under a deep dark secrecy so that the American public cannot see it.

America needs to come to terms that Military Sexual Trauma, rape, sexual assault in all it's forms as well as ongoing sexual harassment IS happening in their armed forces both nationwide and worldwide within all branches.

We are "The Voice" for all who've experienced MST with what our organization does to help aid victims. The time is now for our nation to hear these individuals.
This has inspired our vision for a monumental memorial for the American public to view so that we never forget them.

Vetwow wishes to thank many who have expressed a desire to do something to help our organization in regard to MST and the rape and murder of Lcpl Maria Lauterbach. This is how you can help.

We are collectively working to put this together through public and private donations Vetwow is on the cusp of becoming a 501 (3) c Non-Profit tax deductible organization and we are setting up a fund for The Vetwow Maria Lauterbach & MST Memorial Monument.

We are a small organization with limited resources right now while we are in the process of becoming a non-profit. We are reaching out to the community and nation to help us make this memorial happen.

Our Vision of the memorial is of an enormous monumental scale beautifully handcrafted upright Laurel Wreath Sculpture standing on a pedestal. Each leaf will be etched with the name and branch of service for anyone who has experienced MST.

DeEtta R Lubbers
Vetwow Coordinating Director
Maria Lauterbach & MST Memorial Fund
http://www.vetwow.com (http://www.vetwow.com/)

<!-- toctype = X-unknown --><!-- toctype = text --><!-- text --><script> var callCount = 0; function rmvScroll( msg ) { if ( ++callCount > 10 ) { msg.style.visibility = "visible"; } if ( callCount < 50 && ! imgsDone( msg ) ) { setTimeout( function() { rmvScroll( msg ); }, 200 ); return; } var delta = msg.offsetHeight - msg.clientHeight; var newWidth = 0; var newHeight = 0; delta = ( isNaN( delta )? 1 : delta + 1 ); if ( msg.scrollHeight > msg.clientHeight ) { newHeight = msg.scrollHeight + delta; } delta = msg.offsetWidth - msg.clientWidth; delta = ( isNaN( delta )? 1 : delta + 1 ); if ( msg.scrollWidth > msg.clientWidth ) { newWidth = msg.scrollWidth + delta; } msg.style.overflow = "visible"; msg.style.visibility = "visible"; if ( newWidth > 0 || newHeight > 0 ) { var ssxyzzy = document.getElementById( "ssxyzzy" ); var cssAttribs = ['#' + msg.id + '{']; if ( newWidth > 0 ) cssAttribs.push( 'width:' + newWidth + 'px;' ); if ( newHeight > 0 ) cssAttribs.push( ' height:' + newHeight + 'px;' ); cssAttribs.push( '}' ); try { ssxyzzy.sheet.deleteRule( 0 ); ssxyzzy.sheet.insertRule( cssAttribs.join(""), 0 ); } catch( e ){} } } function imgsDone( msg ) // for Firefox, we need to scan for images that haven't set their width yet { var imgList = msg.getElementsByTagName( "IMG" ); var len = ((imgList == null)? 0 : imgList.length); for ( var i = 0; i < len; ++i ) { var theImg = imgList[i]; if ( ! theImg.complete && "undefined" != typeof theImg.naturalWidth && theImg.naturalWidth == 0 ) { return false; } } return true; } var msg = document.getElementById( "message1416129588912559625304577908219275222366034 8080" ); if ( oBw.agt.match( /gecko/ ) == "gecko" ) { if ( msg && "undefined" != typeof msg ) { rmvScroll( msg ); } } else { msg.style.visibility = "visible"; } </script> <!-- END TOC --> <form name="showLetter2" method="post" action="/ym/ShowLetter?Idx=2&Search=&YY=64187&y5beta=yes&y5beta=yes&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b"> <input name=".crumb" value="CmC3S41ZXcg" type="hidden"> <input name="MsgId" value="1416_12958891_25596_2530_45779_0_82192_75222_36603 48080" type="hidden"> <input name="box" value="Inbox" type="hidden"> <input name="MOV" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="NewFol" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="destBox" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="newfoldermessage" value="Please enter a name for your folder." type="hidden"> <input name="DEL" value="" type="hidden">

</form>