PDA

View Full Version : New Marine Commercial!

kelley26
01-12-08, 10:48 PM
On Jan. 16th a new Marine commercial comes out, its called "America's Marines". Check out this link to see a sneak preview of the new Marine commercial: http://our.marines.com/cms_content/showblogvideo/rel_id/167/id/821

Also my recruiters also told me there is going to be a Marine commercial for the Super Bowl this year. Needless to say I'm watching the super bowl! Well, just figured I would drop some good news by just incase you Marines and Poolees out there have not heard about all of this new Marine commercial stuff!:)

jinelson
01-12-08, 11:07 PM
Thanks Matt for posting that, I knew it was coming but not when.

Jim

kelley26
01-12-08, 11:11 PM
No problem SSgt.! I can't wait! I'm pretty excited about it...I never watch the super bowl (don't really care for football) but, I'm pumped about the super bowl this year.

TSchultz
01-12-08, 11:16 PM
I can see it now... The Packers just scored their 8th touchdown against the Patriots in the first quarter, and then the commercials break and the new Marine Corps commercial comes on... it's beautiful.

thewookie
01-12-08, 11:34 PM
Keep dreaming Shultz!

TSchultz
01-12-08, 11:42 PM
You just wait :beer:

Dan629
01-12-08, 11:47 PM
I can see it now... The Packers just scored their 8th touchdown against the Patriots in the first quarter, and then the commercials break and the new Marine Corps commercial comes on... it's beautiful.

Doesn't Farve have to actually find a way to win in Texas Stadium before this can happen!? 0-9?

:sick:

TSchultz
01-13-08, 12:09 AM
Texas? Oh I see.. you think that the cowgirls are going to win today. Romo has got his mind elsewhere.

Dan629
01-13-08, 12:22 AM
HAHA I hope you are right. I hate the Cowboys. Eagles fan for life here:cry:

JoeD
01-13-08, 04:24 AM
Awesome. I'll probably watch the superbowl just for that too, and same as you Kelley, I dont even really like football that much.

Brandon1
01-13-08, 06:41 AM
I can see it now... The Packers just scored their 8th touchdown against the Patriots in the first quarter, and then the commercials break and the new Marine Corps commercial comes on... it's beautiful. Pretty much keep dreaming my friend cause it's gonna be Packers and the Colts WOOT! But i'm pretty stoked about the new commercial/commercials I saw the preview earlier today and loved it. Cant wait till the 16th.

Accord
01-13-08, 07:01 AM
to see a sneak preview of the new Marine commercial: http://our.marines.com/cms_content/showblogvideo/rel_id/167/id/821

I'm not feeling it.

Master Sephiroth
01-13-08, 09:52 AM
I'll wait until I actually see it before I judge.

RuffNight2007
01-13-08, 03:20 PM
Dont like this commercial preview, but will see final product soon. Silent drill team is badass but I was expecting some action in this commercial!

Brandon1
01-13-08, 04:26 PM
Well it is just a preview lol.

ggyoung
01-13-08, 04:56 PM
Outstanding, simple and very powerfull.

kelley26
01-13-08, 11:18 PM
Outstanding, simple and very powerfull.

Damn right Sgt. I thought it was pretty good...can't believe some of you don't like it!

Dan629
01-16-08, 06:32 PM
I like the old one better. I like the action it had with the Recon guys and such. This one is pretty cool though.

kelley26
01-16-08, 10:47 PM
The Extended Version CHECK IT OUT: http://our.marines.com/cms_content/showblogvideo/rel_id/169/id/870

Fubar5812
01-17-08, 12:19 AM
just gave me chills...all those Marines lined up on the beach in san francisco...amazing.

rvillac2
01-17-08, 12:45 AM
Out freakin standing! I got the chills, too.

ZSKI
01-17-08, 03:01 AM
Not gonna happen i predict maybe 2 touchdowns by the packers and 3 ints by farv. He sucks under pressure and the pats defense is gonna be inside the wire everyplay.

And what did Truman say? "The Marine Corps is the Navy's police force and as long as I am President that is what it will remain. They have a propaganda machine that is almost equal to Stalin's." He was amry arty i velieve and he hated us.

JChebahtah
01-17-08, 03:50 AM
Good stuff!

Old Marine
01-17-08, 07:28 AM
There is only one commercial that I will consider watching and that is the GEICO one with the GECKO. All others are just commercials and are mostly stupid.

thewookie
01-17-08, 09:06 AM
On Jan. 16th a new Marine commercial comes out, its called "America's Marines". Check out this link to see a sneak preview of the new Marine commercial: http://our.marines.com/cms_content/showblogvideo/rel_id/167/id/821

Also my recruiters also told me there is going to be a Marine commercial for the Super Bowl this year. Needless to say I'm watching the super bowl! Well, just figured I would drop some good news by just incase you Marines and Poolees out there have not heard about all of this new Marine commercial stuff!:)

I saw this whole commercial last night, and sad to say I wouldn't put it in my top 5 overall for the Corps. It's nice to see all that fancy schmancy drill stuff but I wasn't moved, well maybe just a little.

Still better then any army/navy/air force commercial.

Fubar5812
01-17-08, 09:35 AM
There is only one commercial that I will consider watching and that is the GEICO one with the GECKO. All others are just commercials and are mostly stupid.

I LOVE THAT GECKO!!!

ggyoung
01-17-08, 11:29 AM
I can't stand that "gecko". I would like to shove that thing up some old *****s butt.

Accord
01-17-08, 04:15 PM
The commercial blows, I just hope this is a one time commercial and they don't try and turn this into a whole advertising campaign.

The quote in the ad is something along the lines of "They've fought for freedom in the past............ and they still do today"

Well instead of showing the silent drill team on the top of a friggen random mountain which is just dumb and makes absolutely no sense other than looking cool, how about showing a clip of Marines storming the beaches of Iwo Jima or raising the flag on Mount Suribachi, and then fading into a scene of Marines tearing down the Saddam statue in Baghdad?

Mabye they can use this as a recruiting tool for Marines to join the silent drill team, and the movements they're doing in the ad aren't even impressive and the "snap-pop" factor that makes drill what it is just doesn't exist in the ad.

The cinematography gets an A+

The rest of it gets an F.

JChebahtah
01-17-08, 05:35 PM
The cinematography gets an A+

The rest of it gets an F.

Yeah, but you gotta think about the whole advertising aspect. People see the Silent Drill Platoon and think they're badass and then they see Marines storming beaches and think they're just killers. This snap and pop is the kind of thing that gets people interested. Or maybe they're trying to appeal to the mommys and daddys of future Marines out there. I know my mom would see the commercial and say "Well why don't you just get that job? It looks safe..." But just my thoughts...

TSchultz
01-17-08, 06:45 PM
I totally agree with accord.

I liked the commercial but I don't believe it represents what the Marine Corps really is at all. I think it was tailored so that it doesn't offend all the people in this country who are sensitive to what Marine's really do... fight wars.

And ZSKI, Favre is going to dominate the Patriots, no doubt in my mind.

GriT
01-18-08, 01:58 PM
Ah, I see

yellowwing
01-18-08, 04:23 PM
That second one is much better.

crazymjb
01-18-08, 05:34 PM
Cinamatography is good, but its not very motivating in terms of the "Cool, I wanna do that, aspect." I guess it breeds a certain type of admiration you get by seeing how sharp and clean the Marines are, but it doesn't even touch on what the Marines actually do (apart from the silent drill platoon).

The DVD they give out with the welcome aboard package, includes what I think is the best peace of 3 minute footage of all time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFeHoMhuz7A

That video covers the Marine Corps history, brotherhood, honor, prestige, etc.

Mike

Alex17
01-31-08, 05:02 PM
Yeah that 3 min footage is good as far as the commercail it move me so i cant sayanthing its more about the corps protecting our shores rather than fighting its reassurance to America ahere still the best.

Aspiring 0321 recon marine
paris island 080707
OOOOOHHHHRRAA

Lickdem89
01-31-08, 06:00 PM
That was a bad ass 3min video makes me want to go to Bootcamp right now!!

kelley26
01-31-08, 10:11 PM
Yeah that 3 min footage is good as far as the commercail it move me so i cant sayanthing its more about the corps protecting our shores rather than fighting its reassurance to America ahere still the best.

paris island 080707
OOOOOHHHHRRAA

Yea might wanna take Oorah out of you sig bro... your not a Marine yet read the rules. I would take that Recon **** off too... your goin to catch alot of BS w/ that being on your signature... trust me I'm telling you nicely... the Marines won't:evilgrin: !!!

Congrats on signing up though shows you half way got a set of man balls like me! Need anything send me a message:)

Lickdem89
02-01-08, 12:41 AM
Yea might wanna take Oorah out of you sig bro... your not a Marine yet read the rules. I would take that Recon **** off too... your goin to catch alot of BS w/ that being on your signature... trust me I'm telling you nicely... the Marines won't:evilgrin: !!!

Congrats on signing up though shows you half way got a set of man balls like me! Need anything send me a message:)

Kelleys right bro you should listen the Marines will be all over your ass like white on rice

davblay
02-01-08, 02:17 AM
paris island 080707
OOOOOHHHHRRAA
Well, well, well looks like we have s poolee that can't read the rules of the furum. or are you are Marine in hiding? Poolee/wannabes don't get to use the terms Semper Fi, SF, S/F or Ooo-Rah until they come back from boot camo wesring the EGA and title. Get rid of it Poolee, find somethin else to use as your opuny signature until then! GOT IT? Or do I call in the big boys?

LeonardLawrence
02-01-08, 02:21 AM
Do I smell rice? :nerd:

:mad: Which way Cpl Blay? :devious:

FistFu68
02-01-08, 07:28 AM
:usmc: ONCE YOU EARN THE TITLE OF A UNITED STATES MARINE THIS WILL SPEAK FOR ITSELF.WHEN AND IF YOU DO COME BACK FROM IRAQ ALIVE,I DARE TOO SAY THAT YOU WILL EVER SAY WHERES THE ACTION?BE VERY CAREFULL WHAT YOU WISH FOR, YOU MAY JUST GET IT.THE FEW, THE PROUD, THE MARINES :usmc: :iwo:

Parker-0321
02-01-08, 08:29 AM
Awesome ad. clean, simple, bad ass. gotta love the silent drill team, makes me wanna go run lol

adding it to myspace

Alex17
02-04-08, 05:10 PM
Hey jack### i think thats stupid that is not a rule of the corps and gunny makes us say it so is that wrong too if you ask me thats bull**** because for us not to be motivated there is no reason to join so im going to say ohra all i want but on better note yea the video was cool and the guy who told me to get recon off my name i think he was sergeant when i make it which i will i will send you a message

fs19
02-04-08, 05:50 PM
Hey jack### i think thats stupid that is not a rule of the corps and gunny makes us say it so is that wrong too if you ask me thats bull**** because for us not to be motivated there is no reason to join so im going to say ohra all i want but on better note yea the video was cool and the guy who told me to get recon off my name i think he was sergeant when i make it which i will i will send you a message

Wow, another one.

Look Alex, the Marines who own an run this site, as well as those who come here do us Poolees and Wannabes a great favor by giving us a great place to come and talk with each other, with Marines (many of whom have just graduated Recuit Training or other schools that we may be aspiring to go to) and to ask the Marines questions. While there are several other Marine sites that have a section for Poolees and Wannabes, I have not found any others that give us anywhere close to the amount of freedom, or let us keep as much dignity, as Leatherneck.com does. That being said we are NOT Marines yet, no matter what your recruiter, or the MEPS Liason, or your mommy told you. (Yes I know, technically we are Inactive Marine Corps Reserve in a Non-Pay, Untrained status, but that still does not make us MARINES- we have not come close to earning that Title yet) Since we are not Marines, there are rules-that are set by Marines- that we agree to follow when we come to and post on this site. Maybe you didn't see the rules, although if you didn't I would sincerely hope your not trying for Recon, or maybe you just don't care. The fact is that one of the rules of this site is that since we have not earned the Title yet, we do not rate (don't qualify for) using the phrases Oorahh, Semper Fidelis, Semper Fi, ect. Another rule we have is that you will RESPECT all the other members here, but most importantly the Marines who take time out of their busy schedules to talk to us and answer our questions, even after they have been asked hundreds of times before by others who also refuse to use the search function. If you're Gunnery Sergeant wants you to use the term Oorah, then feel free to use it all you want, but NOT WHEN YOU COME ONTO THESE FORUMS. If you have a problem with that, then please feel free not to come back.

On a side and more personal note (and I'm probably going to get in trouble for this): Please stop giving the rest of us a bad name by comming in here and on your second post cussing out well like and respected Marines on these forums. I'm f***ing sick of little s*** heads like you that think your all big and bad because you're going to try to become a Marine. Good for you, I hope your parents are proud and all the little girls at your school are impressed that your a big man. But comming here you better loose that attitude the day before yesterday because that s*** isn't gonna fly. All Marines, including the ones on this forum, have sacrificed in order to ensure the continued freedoms that you take for granted, and they all deserve your utmost respect. I expect you are going to applologize to Fist, davblay, LeonardLawrence, and everyone else on this board for disrespecting them.

(Very) Sincerely,

Poolee Dyer

Dan629
02-04-08, 06:00 PM

I'm sure you and your SDI will have a very close relationship in Boot Camp with that attitude.

tsk tsk:thumbdown

rvillac2
02-04-08, 06:14 PM

Who the fuk are you and who are you calling jack###?
Straighten the hell up or find another site to cruise on.

Maybe try, www.DoneNothingWithMyLifeYet.com (http://www.DoneNothingWithMyLifeYet.com),
or www.Ihaventearnedsh!tyet.com (http://www.Ihaventearnedsh!tyet.com).

They'll welcome you're pansy wannabee ass.

Alex17
02-04-08, 06:17 PM
Poolee Dyer i would like to say that i was a little to hostile i was mad because of something else and when i came on here and say some NCOs who should be training marines not putting them down i went off the grid however i will say you however must not realize poeple have goals and dreams and i anticipate to reach mine that is to walk across the paris island parade deck as an honor grad. I think you and me did not get off to a good start i am not a hostile person and i never to stupid things i am the top ranking officer in ROTC so i doubt i got there by being stupid. Let me start off by saying to all the marines in the room i apologize for being hostile i aspire also to be a marine one day like my father. But as for you Dyer when you graduate boot camp call me my number is 6786345047 or if you feeling like cursing at me more also can reach me there but i think me and you got off on the wrong foot and i think everyone and i in this room did
sincerly
POOLEE RIVERS

Alex17
02-04-08, 06:20 PM
I have no idea why it is not posting my long message explaining myself i will make it short i apologive to the sergeants and NCOs i was ****ed because you ragging on my goals

Alex17
02-04-08, 06:22 PM
Who the fuk are you and who are you calling jack###?
Straighten the hell up or find another site to cruise on.

Maybe try, www.DoneNothingWithMyLifeYet.com (http://www.DoneNothingWithMyLifeYet.com),
or www.Ihaventearnedsh!tyet.com (http://www.Ihaventearnedsh!tyet.com).

They'll welcome you're pansy wannabee ass.

Poolee Dyer i would like to say that i was a little to hostile i was mad because of something else and when i came on here and say some NCOs who should be training marines not putting them down i went off the grid however i will say you however must not realize poeple have goals and dreams and i anticipate to reach mine that is to walk across the paris island parade deck as an honor grad. I think you and me did not get off to a good start i am not a hostile person and i never to stupid things i am the top ranking officer in ROTC so i doubt i got there by being stupid. Let me start off by saying to all the marines in the room i apologize for being hostile i aspire also to be a marine one day like my father. But as for you Dyer when you graduate boot camp call me my number is 6786345047 or if you feeling like cursing at me more also can reach me there but i think me and you got off on the wrong foot and i think everyone and i in this room did
sincerly
POOLEE RIVERS

PatriotGirl422
02-04-08, 06:26 PM
so im going to say ohra all i want

Well as far as I know, Marines don't say "orah". So, you can say that all you want, kid.

Alex, one thing you have to learn is that you are coming on these forums as a person who is hoping to one day become what all of the great Marines on here already are. You have to learn respect. I know that all the recruiters at your station might tell you to be motivated and I even had some recruiters back in my time tell me to say Oohrah, but that doesn't mean you have earned the right to say it. Recruiters and their poolees have a different relationship than you'll ever see between actual junior and senior Marines. For example, it wasn't uncommon to say "What's up Sgt.?" to a recruiter, but I would never greet my Company Gunny by saying "Whats up?". Either way, I don't care if you don't agree with the rules, but if and when you ever earn that Title, you'll want other wannabes to respect it.

PatriotGirl422
02-04-08, 06:30 PM
when i came on here and say some NCOs who should be training marines not putting them down
POOLEE RIVERS

If you are planning on going to boot camp, you're gonna be having a LOT of NCOs putting you down! And these Marines are not here to put you down. You have to understand that it's tough love. They're gonna rag on you a little, but you have to have thick skin. Unless you come in here acting like an ******* who thinks he owns the place, you shouldn't have a problem with anyone. They might set you straight once in a while, and they might do it in a way that's uncomfortable for you. That's how Marines correct each other though. We're not all gentle and warm. If someone messes up, we tell them they ****ed up. It's not a rose garden....

Alex17
02-04-08, 06:32 PM
Yes i know i spelled that wrong i hate you cant delete comments i understand the respect my recruiter makes me say staff sergeant and dont let us be like buddies because he is trying to get us ready for that and my dad is a marine so i very well understand this but its just that marines where coming in here jumping down my back like i ****ed up ya know so i was just ****ed and said things i shouldnt im just trying to gets things right now im not a wanna be i will be a marine or i will die trying
POOLEE RIVERS

Alex17
02-04-08, 06:33 PM
If you are planning on going to boot camp, you're gonna be having a LOT of NCOs putting you down! And these Marines are not here to put you down. You have to understand that it's tough love. They're gonna rag on you a little, but you have to have thick skin. Unless you come in here acting like an ******* who thinks he owns the place, you shouldn't have a problem with anyone. They might set you straight once in a while, and they might do it in a way that's uncomfortable for you. That's how Marines correct each other though. We're not all gentle and warm. If someone messes up, we tell them they ****ed up. It's not a rose garden....

Good point

PatriotGirl422
02-04-08, 06:40 PM
Alright everyone, I think we should be in good shape now. Alex apologized and I think he's right about him getting off on the wrong foot. The Marines here really are great people, and they deserve respect. If you respect them and behave properly, they'll have your back. If you get on their bad side and start acting like a punk, they can tear you apart. Like they say about Marines: "No better friend, no worse enemy".

So let's just let this go. You got some potential Alex. Show us what you'll become.

Alex17
02-04-08, 06:40 PM
You know i heard the new Americas marines commercial was suppose to air during the superbowl what happned to that?
POOLEE RIVERS

Accord
02-04-08, 09:16 PM
i am the top ranking officer in ROTC so i doubt i got there by being stupid.

Holy ****, I am so impressed.

davblay
02-04-08, 11:55 PM
sincerly
POOLEE RIVERS
You still haven't read the site rules! As Marine, and I are always capitalized, we spell graduation, not (grad), We spell Parris Island with two S's, you will March across the parade deck (not walk), Finally, we did get off on your wrong foot! Get your head out of your ass and carry on!

Oh and never send PMs like that to me or any other Marine again, not on this site!

Good Luck Poolee,

Dave

davblay
02-05-08, 09:10 AM
bump.....waiting for a reply! :mad:

SGT7477
02-05-08, 11:34 AM
bump.....waiting for a reply! :mad:
He needs to get his head on his shoulders or he will be in trouble in boot camp he will find out damn fast how the DI's are,lol.:evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Alex17
02-05-08, 03:51 PM
Me and PFC has straightned all this out how about yall drop it
POOLEE RIVERS

davblay
02-05-08, 06:48 PM
Me and PFC has straightned all this out how about yall drop it
POOLEE RIVERS

Hey Marines, him and PFC have this all straightned out! I wonder what PFC stands for if his advice is better than all of us NCOs and Marines' advice?

You guys should read his PMs to me!

I would ask the moderators two favors, 1. Close this tread! 2. Ban this fool!

Thanks and Semper Fi, my Marine brothers and sisters!

Dave

jinelson
02-05-08, 07:12 PM
This thread is now closed and Alex17 is on vacation with the Pfc.

Jim