PDA

View Full Version : Well, here we go.

Achped
01-12-08, 03:35 PM
I'm confident most of you know my story, after 116 days, and 20 hours being stationed in MRP at Camp Geiger, I am beginning Marine Combat Training on Tuesday. I'll see you all when I get back.

sparkie
01-12-08, 04:16 PM
Good,,, You need to hide yerself from them WMs for awhile. Good Luck.

Sgt Leprechaun
01-12-08, 04:26 PM
Good deal! I'm sure you are glad to get back to the Corps...

And likely away from the WM's LOL. Get some before you go....but WEAR THE JIMMY HAT :)

LeonardLawrence
01-13-08, 02:40 AM
FORWARD, MARCH!!!

Congrats Achped....

http://kids.niehs.nih.gov/lyrics/happydays.htm

Breno Radici
01-13-08, 02:45 AM
clear your head, finish your training, and join the best brotherhood in the world...semper fi devil dog....feel free to contact me on your time off if you need any advice. I am at camp lejeune and am willing to help you on your way...semper fi brother

Old Marine
01-13-08, 09:16 AM
Be sure to take a 30" step.

Accord
01-14-08, 05:33 AM
MCT is easy as hell, you will have no problems.

I will say this however, when you get trigger time on the SAW and other weapons systems you had damn well better make the most of it and take away as much of it as possible while you can.

You may think you've got an M16 so you don't need to pay attention to the SAW stuff since you're not a SAW gunner but you could be given a SAW at any time. I just became a SAW gunner a couple weeks ago not even 30 days out from deployment while my primary weapon system that i've been training on during the workup for the past 6 months was an A4. I had no problem transitioning to being a SAW gunner solely because I paid attention to the SAW trash at SOI even though I thought I Wasn't going to have a SAW. This applies to any weapons system, learn the weapons conditions, learn to operate it, and most importantly learn immediate action on the weapon system.

You may only fire 100 rounds at SOI and get a chance to finger**** it, but make the most of it because that may be the only experience you get on it aside from a day long fam fire right before deployment.

Again, this applies to all weapons systems.

Marine84
01-14-08, 09:00 PM
It's about time! Take your a$$ to work!