PDA

View Full Version : How many Forum memebers.............

crate78
01-12-08, 10:00 AM
How Many Forum Members Does It Take To Change A Lightbulb?

a.. 1 to change the light bulb
b.. 1 to post that the light bulb has been changed
c.. 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
d.. 7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
e.. 27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
f.. 53 to flame the spell checkers
g.. 41 to correct spelling/grammar flames
h.. 6 to argue over whether it’s "lightbulb" or "light bulb"
i.. ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as @nal-retentive
j.. 2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
k.. 15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
l.. 156 to email the participant’s ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy"
m.. 109 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
n.. 203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb forum about changing light bulbs be stopped
o.. 111 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
p.. 306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
q.. 27 to post URL’s where one can see examples of different light bulbs
r.. 14 to post that the URL’s were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL’s
s.. 3 to post about links they found from the URL’s that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
t.. 33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
u.. 12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
v.. 19 to quote the "Me too’s" to say "Me three"
w.. 4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ
x.. 44 to ask what is a "FAQ"
y.. 4 to say "didn’t we go through this already a short time ago?"
z.. 143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
aa.. 1 new forum member to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again

crate

Wyoming
01-12-08, 10:15 AM
bb.. to remind the poster to FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!!

yellowwing
01-12-08, 10:42 AM
4 to root out the light bulb posers! :banana:

sparkie
01-12-08, 11:36 AM
Get Banned For Lightbulb Defimation!!!!!!!!!!

Marine84
01-12-08, 11:38 AM
Lol!

GolfingJarhead
01-12-08, 12:01 PM
Don't forget the 2 posters who will say they have a buddy who knows all about light bulbs and that everyone on the forum is wrong.

Sgt Leprechaun
01-12-08, 02:25 PM
Dear Chilli:

I heard that Marines only change light bulbs in the dark and that you can get a bonus plus NVG's for this?

And can I get this as a primary MOS? Do you know how long the school is? And where I could be stationed? What is the job really like?

And, I can't get my avatar to show up that I'm a World of Warcraft Level 10 Dungeonmaster Ninja Master Gunnery Sergeant of Space Marines. Do I talk to the Moderator or do you handle that? Should I fill out a profile first?

Signed,

Low Watt Bulb in Tardville, USA

PS: I really love your column and read it every day.

3077India
01-12-08, 02:33 PM
cc.. one to post, "ROFLMAO" in bold red oversized fonts.

Zulu 36
01-12-08, 03:01 PM
I plead guilty on most of those charges and specifications. :beer:

LeonardLawrence
01-13-08, 01:39 AM
dd:

Have at least two Marines from each decade state:
"That is not how we changed lightbulbs in the "OLD CORPS"

Have a new Private First Class state: "We change 'em smarter, not harder";)

AT LEAST ONE Marine will tell you about the lighting at Tun Tavern when the Honorable G. Washington passed through and how it was considered ambient lighting. There was no lightbulb, but those candles sure danced. Damn he/she is old....but we still listen with awe filled respect. We think to ourselves...that is not how we did it in the NEW CORPS.

lprkn
01-22-08, 09:00 PM
...And, I can't get my avatar to show up that I'm a World of Warcraft Level 10 Dungeonmaster Ninja Master Gunnery Sergeant of Space Marines. Do I talk to the Moderator or do you handle that? Should I fill out a profile first?...

I think that most people handle that on this forum with their giant, obnoxious signatures. (Ellie is just fine, the rest of you have no excuse)

*ducks back under bridge*

PatriotGirl422
01-22-08, 10:49 PM
And we can't forget about...

ee. 22 new forum members who heard rumors from someone who knows someone that the procedure of changing lightbulbs will soon be changed and if anyone knows if these rumors are true. And if so, when will the new policies take effect?

Tegan
01-22-08, 10:56 PM
aaaahahahah you guys are givin me a good laugh before bed time.. i like Sgt Leprechaun's the best:D

Osotogary
01-22-08, 11:26 PM
How Many Forum Members Does It Take To Change A Lightbulb?

I thought that function was outsourced, just like about everything else nowadays.