PDA

View Full Version : Uniform Tips

USMCMason
01-11-08, 02:18 PM
Does anyone have any tips for a new Marine related to uniforms? I am specificially looking for help with the Dress Blouse buttons. I had the blouse button holed at MCRD and got the anodized buttons. I've tried backing them with small pieces of cardboard to keep them from spinning and rattling, but was looking for other ideas.
Any tips/tricks would be appreciated!

Semper Fi!

sparkie
01-11-08, 02:24 PM
If I am understanding you correctly, I would think a spot of super glue may be in order.

Sgt Leprechaun
01-11-08, 03:12 PM
Yet 'nother uniform question... :)

What you will want to do is make the buttons tighter against the fabric. I assume you are using anodized buttons from Officers Equipment Company?

If so, the pins/latches that come with them do tend to make the buttons turn. You can do one of several things:

1: Tighten the backings, gently, with pliers or some other tool. Remember, tho, that when you get the blouse cleaned, you'll have to get them back off

2: Find a different type of attachment that will keep the buttons on tighter. I've seen the large 'wing' paperclips used with some success (don't ask me how comfortable they are, but they do work).

3: Do nothing, and just look at your buttons every so often and adjust them.

Lastly, is your blouse really loose in the chest? If that is the case, that is what is causing the buttons to turn, and likely you need a re-tailoring. Something else to consider once you hit your first duty station.