PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for L/Cpl Maria Lauterbach

Pages : [1] 2

yellowwing
01-10-08, 03:33 PM
Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach (http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navclient&ned=us&ncl=1126018888&hl=en&topic=n) has been missing since December 14th. I pray that she and her unborn child are safe and will soon be returned to her family and to Our Beloved Corps' family.

OLE SARG
01-10-08, 03:45 PM
Ditto that Wing. I would say though it is not looking good for her being found. I am keeping her in my prayers!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Phantom Blooper
01-10-08, 04:30 PM
Details emerge in missing Marine case <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
January 10, 2008 - 4:24PM <br />
THE DAILY NEWS <br />
New details are surfacing in the case of a missing 20-year-old Camp Lejeune Marine who was due to give...

Big Jim
01-10-08, 05:00 PM
I've been following this closely since it broke some time ago. Lcpl. Lauterbach and her baby are in my family's prayers for both safe return home to her family. I really do hope this turns out ok. I'd really like to get hold of her male roommate that is now a person of interest in the case!

Phantom Blooper
01-10-08, 05:05 PM
They are bringing the SGT back from a training op within 1-2 days for more questioning. I will post as updated here locally. :evilgrin:

Big Jim
01-10-08, 05:07 PM
Thanks brother! I look forward to that!

ggyoung
01-10-08, 05:36 PM
Prayers on the way from Utah.

rb1651
01-10-08, 05:38 PM
I sincerely hope everythings comes out fine, but it isn't looking promising. Prayers are outbound.

Accord
01-10-08, 06:31 PM
Her mother came out and told reporters "My daughter is a compulsive liar" and as more details flow in, it's more and more looking like one big hoax and she simply went UA. If true, I hope they fry her when she is found. You don't disgrace my Corps like that, especially when it's all over the news for civvies to see.

However, if what her mother claims is not true, then my prayers are out to her and I hope she comes back fine.

DUFFER
01-10-08, 09:33 PM
Her mother came out and told reporters "My daughter is a compulsive liar" and as more details flow in, it's more and more looking like one big hoax and she simply went UA. If true, I hope they fry her when she is found. You don't disgrace my Corps like that, especially when it's all over the news for civvies to see.

However, if what her mother claims is not true, then my prayers are out to her and I hope she comes back fine.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:dev ious: ARE YOU KIDDING ME WITH THIS??? This is a woman that is pregnant and missing. Her life is clearly in danger as well as the welfare of her unborn child. What on God's green earth would make you think that this is a hoax?? I am completely floored at the comments.

This woman.... this Marine... she and her baby are in mine and my family's prayers also. Keep the faith~

Semper Fi~
Duff

Breno Radici
01-10-08, 09:37 PM
Of course, I hope she is safe, but for her sake, let's hope she's not UA. This is all over CNN, and it is not painting a good picture of her character. They are making it seem more like a UA case more than anything right now.

yellowwing
01-10-08, 10:47 PM
What ever the case a pregnant Marine is missing. Ask Divine Providence that all will end well.

LeonardLawrence
01-10-08, 10:59 PM
What ever the case a pregnant Marine is missing. Ask Divine Providence that all will end well.

You have it right, yellowwing.

I think with all the crazies in the news in recent times it easy to get cynical. Whatever the case is with this Lance Cpl, safe returns are in my thoughts and hopes...for both mother and child.

davblay
01-11-08, 01:29 AM
My Fellow Marines and all others....lets not assume anything! The only thing we need to do is pray that the Marine, and her unborn child are fine. This thread is a call for support and prayers, not our Marine Corps GUNG HO opinions! Lets pray for her return, then we can sort it out!

Just my 2 cents!

Semper Fi

Dave

Phantom Blooper
01-11-08, 05:02 AM
Missing Marine's bus ticket never used <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
BY LINDELL KAY AND MELINDA OVERSTREET <br />
January 10, 2008 - 4:24PM <br />
DAILY NEWS STAFF <br />
A bus ticket out of Jacksonville was purchased by a missing...

Phantom Blooper
01-11-08, 11:20 AM
Sheriff: Major announcement expected today in missing Marine case

January 11, 2008 - 11:49AM
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown said he expected a major break this afternoon in the case of the disappearance of a 20-year-old pregnant Marine, after detectives finish interviewing the woman’s roommate.

“He’s going to answer some questions that I think will shed a lot of light on this case,” Brown said.

The roommate, Marine Sgt. Daniel Durham, isn’t a suspect in the case. But authorities believe Durham to be the last person to speak with Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach, who is due to give birth in mid-February, and may have been monitoring the case while on a training mission in California.

When asked whether he believed the case would be resolved Friday, Brown said: “I wouldn’t step over that line. I am still in the middle of the road, but leaning toward the positive.” He has emphasized the case remains a missing-person investigation.

The Marine, who vanished last month before she was to testify in a military probe, had said she was assaulted by a senior officer, according to court documents.

According to court documents, state authorities searched Durham’s laptop because they believe the woman may have used it to search for directions on the Internet, as well as her cell phone records and the residence she shared with Durham.

Camp Lejeune officials said the missing woman, who is assigned to the 2nd Marine Logistics Group of the II Marine Expeditionary Force, joined the Marine Corps in June 2006, trained as a personnel clerk and had not deployed to either Iraq or Afghanistan.

Phantom Blooper
01-11-08, 11:23 AM
Marine to be believed dead! More as press conference continues.

Phantom Blooper
01-11-08, 11:28 AM
Sheriff: Lauterbach is dead

January 11, 2008 - 11:49AM
THE DAILY NEWS
Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown announced at a press conference today that Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach, 20, who has been missing since December is dead.
He said she is believed to be buried in Onslow County, and investigators are searching for the body.

Sgt Leprechaun
01-11-08, 11:33 AM
Suspect is allegedly the Rapist. BOLO put out. News conference still ongoing.

jetdawgg
01-11-08, 11:53 AM
SF:usmc:

Big Jim
01-11-08, 12:33 PM
Gawddamn It!! I Want That Dudes Fvcken Head On A Plate!! What A Sad State Ofthings!! My Heart Goes To Her Mom And Her Family.

nptwildcat
01-11-08, 12:49 PM
WHY? This is totally uncalled for. Someone's a$$ needs to fry.
God Bless her family during this awful time.

Big Jim
01-11-08, 12:51 PM
The Suspects Name Cpl. Cesar Armando Lauren And He's On The Run Although He Does Have An Attorney. I Don't Know How That Works But Thats What Is Being Reported On Headline News. I Really Want This Guy Caught, This Is One Of Those Mother Fvckers That Needs To Die Right Away And If He's In General Pop. I Think He Will Be. The Fvcken Coward!! I Wish I Had My Hands Around His Fvcken Neck Right Now!!

ggyoung
01-11-08, 01:23 PM
How sad. Where is the rope? Find a good hanging tree.

DUFFER
01-11-08, 01:25 PM
~sigh~ prayers still go out to her and her family. may God show no pitty or mercy on the person who is found to be guily of the crime.

1stRad2671
01-11-08, 02:53 PM
How would I sentence the SOB responsible....hand his ass over to the jihadis. They'll take real good care of him. :mad:

This country doesn't know the meaning of punishment anymore.

Phantom Blooper
01-11-08, 03:02 PM
Officials search for 'key suspect' in Marine's death <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
BY LINDELL KAY <br />
January 11, 2008 - 3:53PM <br />
THE DAILY NEWS <br />
The search is on for Marine Cpl. Cesar Armando Laurean, who investigators say...

Sgt Leprechaun
01-11-08, 03:06 PM
I think 'return' would be more correct at this point.

Hopefully, the dirtbag will run and/or shoot at some cops.

WHERE is a good goon squad of SWAT guys when we need one????????

eniram
01-11-08, 03:09 PM
Wing

Sorry to say this, but CNN says she is dead.

Phantom Blooper
01-11-08, 03:23 PM
Missing Marine believed dead; suspect sought <br />
<br />
Uncle: 'She was not protected' <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
January 11, 2008 - 11:49AM <br />
THE DAILY NEWS <br />
The search is on for Marine Cpl. Cesar Armando Laurean, who...

OLE SARG
01-11-08, 06:49 PM
The ******* needs to have his ****ing neck stretched!!!!!!!!

The PC crowd has taken the punishment out of sentencing!!!! We MUST BE KINDER AND GENTLER - GIVE ME A ****ING BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Camper51
01-11-08, 06:59 PM
First of all hang him by his balls till they come off. Then hang the bastid by slowly lifting him off the ground with the rope so he chokes and suffers for a long while. No drop and instantaneous death for him!!!!!

Maybe I am crude but he deserves that and nothing less...

Big Jim
01-11-08, 07:12 PM
First of all hang him by his balls till they come off. Then hang the bastid by slowly lifting him off the ground with the rope so he chokes and suffers for a long while. No drop and instantaneous death for him!!!!!

Maybe I am crude but he deserves that and nothing less...

Its no more cruel and crude what he done to that sweet young girl and her unborn baby!!! I can think of alot more deserving and torturous activities for this mutherfvcker!! Let's stick his ass in a hardcore male prison and tell those inmates what he done to his victim and I can guarentee you he'll think he'd been fvcked by a train!! Then they'll string him him up and kill him slow!! I'm all for that!!! Or better yet, let ME get my bare hands on this piece of sh!t!!!

Phantom Blooper
01-11-08, 10:06 PM
Officials search for 'key suspect' in Marine's death <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
BY LINDELL KAY <br />
January 11, 2008 - 3:53PM <br />
THE DAILY NEWS <br />
The search is on for Marine Cpl. Cesar Armando Laurean, who investigators say...

Phantom Blooper
01-11-08, 10:15 PM
Marines Grave Apparently Found <br />
<br />
<br />
By MIKE BAKER, Associated Press Writer 4 minutes ago <br />
<br />
<br />
&lt;!-- end storyhdr --&gt;JACKSONVILLE, N.C. - Authorities said Friday they believe they found the...

Big Jim
01-11-08, 10:34 PM
I'm beyond pizzed....I honestly don't know what to say here except they need to find that mutherfvcker...and quick, if they want to prosecute him, because I know if I was down there and found him...they'd just have some leftovers to deal with....I'm sure ther are some other Marines who feel the same way!!!

Big Jim
01-11-08, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the post Chuck...sorry for ranting...

sparkie
01-11-08, 10:38 PM
Diddo, Jim.

Phantom Blooper
01-11-08, 10:44 PM
Good to get it out Jim! If this guy is still local....I'd be hard pressed to turn him over to authorities if I found him on the highway or in the woods.Without a few well placed rounds!

I may be remiss in saying this but I think the next thing after they take care of the crime scene and take care of the girl and baby....that they will find him in his truck after the BOLA......eating metal....the cowards way for this crime!

:mad:

:evilgrin:

sparkie
01-11-08, 10:46 PM
I'm looking forward to the fact that he may be headed to vegas,,,, I could get lucky.

Big Jim
01-11-08, 10:49 PM
This girl and her family live only about an hour's drive away from me in Vandalia, Ohio.....and I seen on the local news that her family is taking it real hard and I just want to do something for them but they want time to grieve...so I'll give it a week or so before I contact her Mom. Its just really close to home and my own 2 daughters are wondering what happened...GEEZUS!! I'll make it down there to help and for the funeral for sure. Keep you guys posted......man, I just want him caught, that's all.....

Phantom Blooper
01-11-08, 11:12 PM
Area stunned by Lauterbach case

KEVIN FORSYTHE ("")
January 12, 2008 - 12:00AM
DAILY NEWS STAFF
Reaction by Jacksonville residents to news of the apparent death of Lance Cpl. Maria F. Lauterbach been has been varied and far ranging.

Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown announced Friday that information received that morning indicated she was dead and buried in Onslow County. Her body had not been found when the search halted for the day about 5 p.m.

While many residents expressed shock about the events of the past week, just as many said they expected Lauterbach to be dead.

"It's really shocking," said Mark Barron of Jacksonville. "It's really surprising to see it on national news, too. It's not every day something like this happens around here."

But for one retired Marine, the death was upsetting.

"To be honest, it ****es me the hell off," Scott Remalia of Jacksonville said. "As a former Marine, you're trained to do battle with the enemy, not other Marines."

Onslow County Commissioner Delma Collins, a former Jacksonville police deputy chief, wasn't caught off guard by today's announcements.

"I can't say I'm shocked," he said. "When we have these missing person cases, I've learned not to be subjective in my thoughts. I just never know what's going to happen," he added.

John Jones of Swansboro had questions about the investigation.

"I suspected from the beginning she was dead," he said. "But, I do have to wonder why it took three weeks to find her."

Cornelius Gorham of New Bern said he thought the coming days will bring even more information about Lauterbach's death.

"I think in the next 48 hours we'll know exactly what happened," he said. "I half thought she was dead and that it would be someone close to her that would have done it."

David Hill of Jacksonville believes there are lessons to be learned from events such as the Lauterbach case.

"All the murders around here are crazy. People need to communicate better with one another and work their problems out without killing each other," he said.

Mark Flowers of Jacksonville, a disc jockey at Tar Heel Opry House, said that when he saw the photos of Lauderbach he recognized her as being an occasional patron of the club. He said that since news broke of Lauterbach's disappearance, he had been glued to the television for updates on the case.

"I can't help believe that bureaucy between the Marine Corps and the Onslow County Sheriff's Department stifled the whole investigation," Flowers said.

The Daily News' Web site has been flooded with comments about Lauterbach's death.

Those wishing to make comments in memory of Lauterbach may do so by going to the Legacy section of the Web site www.jdnews.com.

LeonardLawrence
01-12-08, 12:23 AM
Yahoo is reporting burned remains found in the back yard.

After some slight digging in a fire pit discovered in the yard of Marine Cpl. Cesar Armando Laurean, detectives found what "appeared to be burnt human remains," Onslow County District Attorney Dewey Hudson said Friday night.

May LCPL Lauterbach reach out from the grave to get the last word for this bastard.

Rest in peace, Marine. :cry:

Phantom Blooper
01-12-08, 01:02 AM
REMAINS AT SUSPECT'S HOME <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
LINDELL KAY <br />
January 12, 2008 - 1:06AM <br />
DAILY NEWS STAFF <br />
The suspect in the death of a 20-year-old pregnant Marine was on the run late Friday after leaving a note...

Phantom Blooper
01-12-08, 08:01 AM
Pregnant Marine's Grave Apparently Found <br />
<br />
2008-01-12 07:27:46 <br />
By MIKE BAKER Associated Press Writer <br />
<br />
<br />
&lt;!--startclickprintinclude--&gt;JACKSONVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Investigators hoped to find the...

mcvet57103
01-12-08, 08:57 AM

Weather UA or dead she deserves our support and prayers as ALL Marines serving and not do. The news this morning is saying they have found a body and think it might be hers. I pray it isn't but if it is I pray she is in a better place, and the one who took her life never sees the light of day again.

rb1651
01-12-08, 09:30 AM
How can they not say that this baby was not murdered?? Eight and a half months pregnant, and not considered a viable human being?? That makes not sense to me. :mad: This is a double murder in my...

Phantom Blooper
01-12-08, 02:51 PM
Remains of adult and fetus found in Marine's yard

DAILY NEWS STAFF ("")
January 12, 2008 - 2:16PM

Investigators have found today the remains of an adult and a fetus that could be those of Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach and the baby she was carrying when she disappeared in mid-December, Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown said.

The discovery came on the second day of the excavation of a cavity in the Onslow County back yard of Cpl. Cesar Armando Laurean, and his wife, Christina S. Laurean. Lauterbach had accused Laurean of raping her in April.

A military protective order was issued against Laurean on behalf of Lauterbach in July, the Sheriff's Department, which meant he was supposed to stay away from her.

A nationwide search has begun for Cesar Laurean, 21, who is described as a white male, 5 feet 9 inches tall, with black hair and brown eyes. He weighs about 160 pounds. He drives a black 2004 quad cab Dodge pickup, license plate number TRR 1522.

Lauterbach was last heard from Dec. 14. She purchased a bus ticket Dec. 15 to El Paso, Texas, but never used the ticket. She was reported missing by her mother Dec. 19. She was in the last trimester of a pregnancy.

Other information that surfaced to day was that Lauterbach left a note for her roommate saying she was "going away" and apologized for "the inconvenience," said Lt. Col. Curtis Hill, a Marine spokesman.

After Lauterbach failed to report to work Dec. 17, Hill said her superiors starting asking questions about where she was. Marines called her home phone and cell phone, as well as sent Marines to her house to find her.

"At that time, there was no reason to believe anything other than she had voluntarily placed herself in Unauthorized Absence status," Hill said.

mcvet57103
01-12-08, 02:59 PM
Remains of adult and fetus found in Marine's yard

DAILY NEWS STAFF
January 12, 2008 - 2:16PM

Investigators have found today the remains of an adult and a fetus that could be those of Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach and the baby she was carrying when she disappeared in mid-December, Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown said.

The discovery came on the second day of the excavation of a cavity in the Onslow County back yard of Cpl. Cesar Armando Laurean, and his wife, Christina S. Laurean. Lauterbach had accused Laurean of raping her in April.

A military protective order was issued against Laurean on behalf of Lauterbach in July, the Sheriff's Department, which meant he was supposed to stay away from her.

A nationwide search has begun for Cesar Laurean, 21, who is described as a white male, 5 feet 9 inches tall, with black hair and brown eyes. He weighs about 160 pounds. He drives a black 2004 quad cab Dodge pickup, license plate number TRR 1522.

Lauterbach was last heard from Dec. 14. She purchased a bus ticket Dec. 15 to El Paso, Texas, but never used the ticket. She was reported missing by her mother Dec. 19. She was in the last trimester of a pregnancy.

Other information that surfaced to day was that Lauterbach left a note for her roommate saying she was "going away" and apologized for "the inconvenience," said Lt. Col. Curtis Hill, a Marine spokesman.

After Lauterbach failed to report to work Dec. 17, Hill said her superiors starting asking questions about where she was. Marines called her home phone and cell phone, as well as sent Marines to her house to find her.

"At that time, there was no reason to believe anything other than she had voluntarily placed herself in Unauthorized Absence status," Hill said.

Rest in Peace Marine Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach. Semper Fi :usmc:

Breno Radici
01-12-08, 04:20 PM
sheriff saying he saw the burned remains of the fetus with the little fingers burned and off the arm....very perturbing. It's one thing to kill someone, but you dont kill someone that is that far pregnant, that poor baby didnt even get a chance to experience this world, and did nothing worng. Wish I could get the chance to find this ****er before cops did, I'd put him in a shallow grave and burn him alive.....

Sgt Leprechaun
01-12-08, 04:25 PM
Amen to that. Hangin is too good for this scumball.

mcvet57103
01-12-08, 04:28 PM
sheriff saying he saw the burned remains of the fetus with the little fingers burned and off the arm....very perturbing. It's one thing to kill someone, but you dont kill someone that is that far pregnant, that poor baby didnt even get a chance to experience this world, and did nothing worng. Wish I could get the chance to find this ****er before cops did, I'd put him in a shallow grave and burn him alive.....

It's depresssing to know a Marine could do this to a fellow Marine let alone a woman. When I was in, it was pounded into our heads that you "always" showed a woman respect. She was not only a woman but a woman with child. In my book if he killed her. And by the way, he was married, he deseves no mercy. I would also wander if his wife was invovled.

Breno Radici
01-12-08, 08:42 PM
he better hope he makes it to whatever counrty he is going to quick, his time is limited in the U.S. I give him another week tops regardless. And yes it should be a double murder, scumbag will probably avoid death penalty too. Then he's just going to relax the rest of his life in jail, watching tv and getting 3 hot meals a day.

BOTTLEDZ28
01-13-08, 12:10 AM
this scumbag needs to die the same way she did. this ass doesnt deserve to wear my uniform anymore. :thumbdown

outlaw3179
01-13-08, 12:30 AM
Semper Fi Marine. May you and your child rest in peace. Semper Fi.

Gunny C
01-13-08, 12:48 AM
Well, needless to say, this situation hasn't turned for the better for anyone except for our maker, who has welcomed 2 of his children back. I spent a dreadful couple of years at Lejeune and know that the base and the local community are hand in hand.

So it ****es me off when the media is reporting that the sheriff or the base are off key in their press confencess... DUH YOU IDIOTS!!!! Try working under that spotlight. They are humans ans deserve all the respect and trust we can share.

CarryingMarine
01-13-08, 12:59 AM
now I know that we Marines can take life at a moments notice when the need arises, but I didnt think it possible for one to turn against our own, no matter what the problems were, now that our Maker has taken his Children home, I can only hope and pray that he sends that no good for nothing bastard and throws him when he belongs.......Burning in Hell!! Prayers from Colorado to her family. Semper Fi Marine.

SLU_fly_girl
01-13-08, 01:09 AM
so sad.... I'm still speechless.

I wonder what role, if any, his wife played in this, especially if there is as much evidence in the house as the police are saying. Although he's probably killed himself by now, I hope they find him alive. At least then there is a chance of getting answers about what happened.

I can only imagine how hard this is on her family.

Rest In Peace, Sister and child! Although you were taken too soon, we know you are in a better place!

Breno Radici
01-13-08, 02:39 AM
I am not a god believing man, but I hpe he rots in hell. If you all know, about a year ago, there was a double murder in jacksonville as well, it was one marine killing another marine and her partner. I thought we were brothers in arms, it doesnt seems so anymore. It's pretty sad that you are raised thinking the person next to you will save your life. Obviously this is not the case. One thing I regret is that I did not meet Maria Lauterbach, because if I did, I could have given her a safe home with myself and wife where she could have learned to raise a child, and this whole ordeal would not have happened. SO needless to say, if there are any Marines in the Camp Lejeune area that are in the same situation the Maria was in, please contact me. I have had 3 children and I can help you if you are scared or afraid for any reason. Bless Maria and her child, we will all see you again somewhere....

Phantom Blooper
01-13-08, 03:07 AM
Laurean faces murder charge <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
JENNIFER HLAD &amp; LINDELL KAY <br />
January 13, 2008 - 1:18AM <br />
DAILY NEWS STAFF <br />
The nationwide manhunt has intensified for Cpl. Cesar Laurean, who faces first-degree...

Phantom Blooper
01-13-08, 05:13 AM
Civilians weren't made aware of protective order for Marine <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
LINDELL KAY &amp; JENNIFER HLAD <br />
January 13, 2008 - 1:18AM <br />
DAILY NEWS STAFF <br />
Civilian investigators have said a military protective...

montana
01-13-08, 09:50 AM
uh hes in trubble for rape....hummm lets see if he killes her and his unborne chiled...then tell um she killed and burned herself then it will all go away
something tells me the scum is a deep thinker

montana
01-13-08, 10:03 AM
something tells me your something is rignt Gini

mcvet57103
01-13-08, 10:56 AM
I really think his wife was involved, and she knows where he is.

Phantom Blooper
01-13-08, 10:57 AM
Laurean spotted outside North Carolina <br />
<br />
Witness reports confirmed by law enforcement <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
January 13, 2008 - 10:00AM <br />
DAILY NEWS STAFF <br />
Three witnesses have seen Cpl. Cesar Laurean outside the...

mcvet57103
01-13-08, 12:45 PM
:evilgrin: MAYBE THEY WILL SHOOT THE FUCING MAGGOT TOO DEATH,WHEN ENCOUNTERED BY THE FUZZ;DURING THE TAKEDOWN!I WILL PRAY FOR THAT 2-DAY IN CHURCH.S/F THAT.:mad: :thumbdown

Death is an easy way out for this maggot. He needs to spend the rest of his life locked up 24/7 in a sound proof cell with no windows, pictures, books, writing materials, or TV and no outside contact. His food should be slid to him under the door, and with a light that stays on 24/7 so he will never know if it's day or night. The only picture should be L/Cpl Maria Lauterbach's boot camp graduation dress blue uniform picture staring at him. So he has nothing to do but set and look at her picture and know that because he was a selfish a$$hole and took two inocent lives he will never ever see the sun shine again.

Big Jim
01-13-08, 02:14 PM
They ALL need to die for what they done....and locking someone up like that who doesn'y have a concience will do no good. People like that don't have morls much less a concience so he won't regret or repent. He just needs to die. Maybe I'll allow his wife to be locked up and not just killed outright but he needs to die and quick!!!

mcvet57103
01-13-08, 02:24 PM
ROFLMFAO!!!! You bunch of Jarheads!!! Luv ya all !! You show Espirit D Corps. If a Marine takes another Marine's life Yes he deserves to die. But, I think rotting in a prison cell with "nothing" but a picture of his victim, then going to hell satisfys me. I could be wrong, been there before. :) Semper Fi

mcvet57103
01-13-08, 02:31 PM
Just a thought. Before he is convicted in Civilian court of this, He needs to be Courtmartialed and stripped via a BCD of any Marine Corps Identity. Then Let em fry the sh_t bird.

CarryingMarine
01-13-08, 02:35 PM
IMHO, it should never even make it to the civilian court, no offense to them, but I think they should just put up a couple of pictures of her, before he killed her, and after he killed her, and then turn him loose in the squadbay with her squad.......we can take care of our own, and then, and only then, if he survives that, send him to the civvies. Just mt opinion.

chicoluv USMC
01-13-08, 03:08 PM
Its sad that a someone could do this to his child .Let alone a future Marine & fellow Marine too.Now his fate is in the hands of the Lord with her by his side .Semper Fi sister may you & your beautiful child rest in peace .:usmc:

:flag: Half staff x 2 .:iwo:

Phantom Blooper
01-13-08, 03:15 PM
I believe he should die. If he doesn't eat the barrel before being caught. However if he is caught and extradited back to NC,I would venture to say that his discharge paperwork is already typed...

Phantom Blooper
01-13-08, 03:21 PM
Laurean spotted in Louisiana <br />
<br />
Witness reports confirmed by law enforcement <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
January 13, 2008 - 10:00AM <br />
DAILY NEWS STAFF <br />
Three witnesses have seen Cpl. Cesar Laurean, who is wanted in...

mcvet57103
01-13-08, 04:29 PM
Above all he must be stripped of his Marine Corps identity. He has dishonored the Corps and hisself and has lost the right to be called a Marine. I find it disturbing that the civilian media continues to show a picture of him in a Marine uniform. Are they trying to discredit my beloved Corps? What he did is NOT Marine Corps. And should not be portrayed as part of the Corps.

tntmondy
01-13-08, 04:42 PM
Clearly Maria was a selfless person, the fact that she was considering giving her baby up for adoption shows that. May she and the baby rest in peace, May her family find comfort in their memories of her. As for the accused ( as he doesn't deserved to be named in the same post as Maria) may he meet with a fate worse than death it self!!!

mcvet57103
01-13-08, 04:49 PM
Clearly Maria was a selfless person, the fact that she was considering giving her baby up for adoption shows that. May she and the baby rest in peace, May her family find comfort in their memories of her. As for the accused ( as he doesn't deserved to be named in the same post as Maria) may he meet with a fate worse than death it self!!!

OoooRaaah !!!

CarryingMarine
01-13-08, 05:01 PM
+2, agreeing wholeheartedly.

chicoluv USMC
01-13-08, 06:22 PM
[quote=gardnerbob57103]Above all he must be stripped of his Marine Corps identity. He has dishonored the Corps and hisself and has lost the right to be called a Marine. I find it disturbing that the civilian media continues to show a picture of him in a Marine uniform. Are they trying to discredit my beloved Corps? What he did is NOT Marine Corps. And should not be portrayed as part of the Corps.[/quote

You are correct brother .That kind of bullsh*t ****es me off to .But we Marines know what time it is with this Piece Of SH*T !
Just hope he gets caught so the whole picture changes.
Semper Fi bro .We need to have a prayer for her soul and the child soul too.
May their souls and the souls of all the Faithful departed.
Through the mercy of God.
Rest in Peace. Amen .
Serper Fi Sister .:usmc:

mcvet57103
01-13-08, 06:29 PM
[quote=gardnerbob57103]Above all he must be stripped of his Marine Corps identity. He has dishonored the Corps and hisself and has lost the right to be called a Marine. I find it disturbing that the civilian media continues to show a picture of him in a Marine uniform. Are they trying to discredit my beloved Corps? What he did is NOT Marine Corps. And should not be portrayed as part of the Corps.[/quote

You are correct brother .That kind of bullsh*t ****es me off to .But we Marines know what time it is with this Piece Of SH*T !
Just hope he gets caught so the whole picture changes.
Semper Fi bro .We need to have a prayer for her soul and the child soul too.
May their souls and the souls of all the Faithful departed.
Through the mercy of God.
Rest in Peace. Amen .
Serper Fi Sister .:usmc:

Our sister in arms and her child is with our father, that is known. Now the one who took her and her baby from this earth needs to account for what he did.

RON 68
01-13-08, 11:40 PM
i know Jesus has a place for her and her child.....however for the Marine that did this.not sure if hell has the right torture for this crime....death is quick. 50 year's of suffering and torture would be better for him... for every darn day he live's...... to live it in hell!

Semper -Fi. Ron -68

Phantom Blooper
01-14-08, 04:14 AM
Laurean spotted in Louisiana <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
LINDELL KAY <br />
January 14, 2008 - 1:11AM <br />
DAILY NEWS STAFF <br />
As the manhunt for Marine Cpl. Cesar Armando Laurean focused on Louisiana and Texas, Onslow County...

jinelson
01-14-08, 07:30 AM
by AP - Meanwhile, a fax purported to be from the Westboro Baptist Church, a Kansas group that has infuriated many Americans by picketing the funerals of U.S. troops killed in Iraq, announced that the church planned to picket at Camp Lejeune on Saturday. The news release summarizes events related to Lauterbach's death and unleashes a litany of harsh statements against the Marine Corps.

And just when you thought that things couldnt get worse.

Jim

Phantom Blooper
01-14-08, 07:39 AM

Westboro Baptist Church
(WBC Chronicles - Since 1955)
3701 SW 12th St. Topeka, Kansas 66604 785-273-0325 www.godhatesfags.com (http://www.godhatesfags.com)
Religious Opinion and Bible Commentary on Current Events
Saturday, January 12, 2008

NEWS RELEASEWBC to picket Camp Lejeune.God Hates the u.s. Marines.

The wonderful, spit-and-polish Marine is over eight months pregnant and she says another wonderful Marine raped her, and now on the eve of his court martial where she is the star witness against him, she turns up dead, and he is a fugitive from justice. Wonderful. The few. The proud. Based on our extensive experience with Marines for over a decade, we can testify that these are typical Marines.
WBC will picket the filthy, lawless Marine Corps - at noon next Sat., Jan. 19 - at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina; in religious protestand warning: "Be not "'deceived; God is not mocked." Gal. 6:7. God Hates Fags! & Fag Enablers.Ergo, God hates the Marines.The Marine Corps is saturated with vile fags and dykes. It matters not to them that they are violating the laws of God and man. Our leaders know of the problem, but they refuse to fix it, due to pressure from political leaders, because fags have enormous political influence - called in Scripture "The power of the dog." Psa.22:20. And the phenomenon is called by Tocqueville, "The worm in the American apple."

davblay
01-14-08, 07:58 AM
It never stops amazing me that these groups are in AMERICA bad mouthing AMERICA because our troops fight for them to have that right. Why, oh Lord why, don't THEY go somewhere else, to some other country that thinks like they do? May God forgive them..."for they know not what they do"!

Some people will do anything to get attention.....only in AMERICA!

May the L/Cpl, and her baby, rest in peace!

Just my 2 cents

Dave

Phantom Blooper
01-14-08, 10:30 AM
$25,000 reward offered for info on Laurean <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
January 14, 2008 - 11:18AM <br />
<br />
Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown announced today that federal law enforcement agencies were offering a $25,000 reward...

Phantom Blooper
01-14-08, 10:56 AM
&lt;TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width=600 border=0&gt;&lt;TBODY&gt;&lt;TR&gt;&lt;TD width=&quot;100%&quot;&gt;&lt;/TD&gt;&lt;/TR&gt;&lt;/TBODY&gt;&lt;/TABLE&gt;&lt;TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width=&quot;100%&quot; border=0&gt;&lt;TBODY&gt;&lt;TR&gt;&lt;TD width=&quot;65%&quot;&gt;...

Phantom Blooper
01-14-08, 02:25 PM
Authorities Spoke to Suspect's Family <br />
<br />
2008-01-14 08:46:57 <br />
By MIKE BAKER Associated Press Writer <br />
<br />
<br />
&lt;!--startclickprintinclude--&gt;JACKSONVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Investigators searching for the key...

Gini Aasen
01-14-08, 02:51 PM
:banana: :yes: :no: The protesters should be shipped over to live in one of those other countries where the people have no rights to speak of and see how they like that. (Most of them hate Americans anyway) Maybe by chance they'd appreciate what and who they have here and will shut the h.... up. That is if the survive.

I'm praying like crazy they'll catch the dirtbag Laurean before he gets to the border.

mcvet57103
01-14-08, 03:35 PM

Westboro Baptist Church
(WBC Chronicles - Since 1955)
3701 SW 12th St. Topeka, Kansas 66604 785-273-0325 www.godhatesfags.com (http://www.godhatesfags.com)
Religious Opinion and Bible Commentary on Current Events
Saturday, January 12, 2008

NEWS RELEASEWBC to picket Camp Lejeune.God Hates the u.s. Marines.

The wonderful, spit-and-polish Marine is over eight months pregnant and she says another wonderful Marine raped her, and now on the eve of his court martial where she is the star witness against him, she turns up dead, and he is a fugitive from justice. Wonderful. The few. The proud. Based on our extensive experience with Marines for over a decade, we can testify that these are typical Marines.
WBC will picket the filthy, lawless Marine Corps - at noon next Sat., Jan. 19 - at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina; in religious protestand warning: "Be not "'deceived; God is not mocked." Gal. 6:7. God Hates Fags! & Fag Enablers.Ergo, God hates the Marines.The Marine Corps is saturated with vile fags and dykes. It matters not to them that they are violating the laws of God and man. Our leaders know of the problem, but they refuse to fix it, due to pressure from political leaders, because fags have enormous political influence - called in Scripture "The power of the dog." Psa.22:20. And the phenomenon is called by Tocqueville, "The worm in the American apple."

Being from Kansas originally and still having relatives and friends there, I can assure you the WBC is a disgrace to all Kansans and we all look at them as a bunch "litterally" of inbred hillbillies who have no life. The WBC is made up solely of family members who breed and marry each other. So to try to find a life they create their own cult, and call it a church. They should go out the same way the Branch Dividians did. I only hope the freedom riders will be there for Maria, and the local police and MPs will keep them well away from the Main Gate at Lejuene.

Big Jim
01-14-08, 04:24 PM
Being from Kansas originally and still having relatives and friends there, I can assure you the WBC is a disgrace to all Kansans and we all look at them as a bunch "litterally" of inbred hillbillies who have no life. The WBC is made up solely of family members who breed and marry each other. So to try to find a life they create their own cult, and call it a church. They should go out the same way the Branch Dividians did. I only hope the freedom riders will be there for Maria, and the local police and MPs will keep them well away from the Main Gate at Lejuene.

Glad to hear you feel that way!! And that is a good idea about the WBC going out the same as the branch dividians...I whole heartedly agree! I'm pretty sure those freedom riders know all about this situation, but if not, you know the police will be there and save their lives...what a bunch of losers and inbred swine they are!!! I got nothing for those people either!!!!

Gini Aasen
01-14-08, 05:29 PM
I've never heard of the WBC before but looking at the news article, I wouldn't want to be associated with them at all. Its a pity they think they're Gods ambassadors; they're not. They're radical haters & they should be wiped from the face of the earth. They're the sort of people that incite others to hate just like them, they cause nothing but trouble. God does not hate "fags" nor does he hate Marines or the Corp. Where are these people coming from? God hates sin, not the people. He made a way for us "sinners" through His Son Jesus Christ. There is no love in the WBC other than for their own kind. This is not from God I'll tell you that.

I'm outraged by their stupidity in thinking they have a right to hate others because they don't live the way they do. They should stop pickiting and read more of the Holy Book and learn something about love.

Thats all I got to say...except, I love you Marines thank you for my freedom, thank you for keeping me safe and secure. You're the best! http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif
Except for that other guy...you know the one

Gini Aasen
01-14-08, 05:38 PM
ditto Big Jim

Phantom Blooper
01-15-08, 09:38 AM
Body ID'd as Lauterbach's, cause of death established

January 15, 2008 - 9:45AM

Onslow County Medical Examiner Charles Garrett said today he has spoken with the state Medical Examiner's Office in Chapel Hill, and the body that was found Saturday in the backyard of the home of Cpl. Cesar Laurean and his wife, Christina Laurean, 103 Meadow Trail, in the Half Moon area, has been positively identified through dental records as that of Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach. The cause of death was blunt-force injury to the head, he said.

thedrifter
01-15-08, 01:32 PM
Come show your support for the troops!
The Westboro Baptist church is planning a protest at Camp Lejeune. This is straight from their picketing schedule on their website:
01/19/2008 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Jacksonville, NC Camp Lejeune Lejeune Blvd & Hargett St.

That is the church that protests at military funerals. We are going to protest their church by showing our support for the troops.
Tell your friends and neighbors that they are welcome to come join the ranks of the Gathering of Eagles and Eagles Up. Bring your flags or signs, but be there. You will not be in harms way, you will be surrounded by veterans, their families, and patriotic Americans from near and far

The Gathering of Eagles and Eagles Up groups are planning on being there on Sat to show their support. Many of them are members of the Patriot Guard.

Ellie

ROHO
01-15-08, 02:17 PM
They think they found his truck in a parking lot in Morrisville, NC

Phantom Blooper
01-15-08, 02:50 PM
Laurean's vehicle found in Morrisville, near RDU airport

January 15, 2008 - 9:45AM

Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown has confirmed that Morrisville police have found Marine Cpl. Cesar Armando Laurean’s vehicle in the parking lot of a Microtel hotel near Raleigh-Durham International Airport.

Morrisville Police Department Capt. D. Ng said he could not confirm that the truck belongs to Laurean, and he referred questions to Brown.

Video from www.wral.com’s Sky5 news helicopter shows that the license plate on the black Dodge pickup truck match those on the same type of truck that authorities say belongs to Laurean. The hotel is off Airport Boulevard near Interstate 40.

In other developments, Onslow County Medical Examiner Charles Garrett said today he has spoken with the state Medical Examiner's Office in Chapel Hill, and the body that was found Saturday in the backyard of the home of Cpl. Cesar Laurean and his wife, Christina Laurean, 103 Meadow Trail, in the Half Moon area, has been positively identified through dental records as that of Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach.

The cause of death was blunt-force injury to the head, he said.

All the details of the autopsy have not been made available to investigators as the report was still being compiled.

District Attorney Dewey Hudson said he was not sure whether Lauterbach gave birth before her death.

Garrett said he signed Lauterbach’s death certificate and listed the cause of death as homicide.

“The cause of her death will not change,” Garrett told The Daily News. “She did not fall down and hit her head or anything of the sort — she died at the hands of another.”

Meanwhile, investigators say they doubt the validity of a note Lauterbach has been reported as leaving for her roommates on the day she disappeared, telling them she was “going away” and apologized for “the inconvenience.”

Sgt. Daniel Durham, Lauterbach’s roommate, reported Lauterbach missing to the Marine Corps on Dec. 15, Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown said.

When Lauterbach did not show up for work Dec. 17, Marine officials called her home and her cell phone and sent Marines to look for her at her house, said Lt. Col. Curtis Hill, spokesman for II Marine Expeditionary Force.

“At that time, there was no reason to believe anything other than she had voluntarily placed herself in Unauthorized Absence status,” Hill said.

Sheriff’s Department investigators say they have reason to believe the note was not genuine.

“We have sent that note off to handwriting experts to determine whether (Lauterbach) actually wrote it or not,” said Capt. Rick Sutherland of the Onslow County Sheriff’s Department.

mcvet57103
01-15-08, 04:48 PM
Come show your support for the troops!
The Westboro Baptist church is planning a protest at Camp Lejeune. This is straight from their picketing schedule on their website:
01/19/2008 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Jacksonville, NC Camp Lejeune Lejeune Blvd & Hargett St.

That is the church that protests at military funerals. We are going to protest their church by showing our support for the troops.
Tell your friends and neighbors that they are welcome to come join the ranks of the Gathering of Eagles and Eagles Up. Bring your flags or signs, but be there. You will not be in harms way, you will be surrounded by veterans, their families, and patriotic Americans from near and far

The Gathering of Eagles and Eagles Up groups are planning on being there on Sat to show their support. Many of them are members of the Patriot Guard.

Ellie

I only wish I could be there to show my support. I will be praying for Maria, and thinking of all the Men and women who show up to protest this dispicable cult. And make no mistake, they are a cult. Semper fi to the Patriot Guard for all their sacrifices to make sure our fallen servicemen and women are shown the respect and honor they have earned.

Phantom Blooper
01-15-08, 05:08 PM
Marines: Slain pregnant Marine didn’t feel threatened by suspect

January 15, 2008 - 6:02PM

(AP) — A 20-year-old pregnant Marine who disappeared in December told victims’ advocates at Camp Lejeune that she didn’t feel unsafe in the presence of the colleague now wanted in her death, Marine Corps officials said Tuesday.

Marine Cpl. Cesar Armando Laurean never violated the military protective order directing him to stay away from Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach, and he continued to report for work on time in the weeks after her disappearance, said Col. Gary Skolowski, the judge advocate general officer for the II Marine Expeditionary Force.

“At no time did she indicate that she was threatened by Cpl. Laurean,” Skolowski said. “When she was asked if she felt threatened by Cpl. Laurean, she said she did not feel threatened.”

Authorities confirmed Tuesday the remains found over weekend in a fire pit in Laurean’s backyard were those of Lauterbach and her child. Dr. Charles Garrett, the Onslow County medical examiner, said Lauterbach, who was eight months pregnant when she vanished, died from “traumatic head injury due to blunt force trauma.”

thedrifter
01-15-08, 07:46 PM
Mark(hubby) got word from a reliable source that the Homophobics from the Westboro Baptist Church have been denied a permit for this Saturday, 19 January but have one approved for the 26th. They will demonstrate at Hargette and Lejeune Blvd. There will be a whole four to six of them, trivial to say the least. Needless to say the base is ready with a contingency plan as well as JPD. There will be no BS taken from these idiots, they are not welcome here and they should know it.;)

Ellie

Gini Aasen
01-15-08, 08:18 PM
go get em!

jahhead88
01-15-08, 08:47 PM
Anyone that would kill an unborn child is the lowest form of scum. He'll be real popular in the big house. Ah but wait, he's such a man, he'll probably shoot himself.

SSgt Blue
01-15-08, 08:54 PM
As angry as I am about all of this chit, I hope that justice is served and served very fast. It is a very sad time right now; we have lost one of our own. I personally feel that this Marine has been done wrong from every one above her. I know there is a side to every story but something like this should have not been ignored and it seems that it was or played off. It is sad that it took her life being taken before it was taken serious. I just want the family to know that you daughter will not die in vain. At one point justice will be served. I send my deepest condolences to the family of a fallen Marine.
Sgt Blue

Phantom Blooper
01-16-08, 04:45 AM
Marine Corps saw case as just UA <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
JENNIFER HLAD <br />
January 16, 2008 - 12:38AM <br />
DAILY NEWS STAFF <br />
Up until the time Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown announced that Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach was...

Phantom Blooper
01-16-08, 04:46 AM
Received in email........
To All:
“CHECK FIRING” is a military term in the artillery for “cease fire”……collect your thoughts, check all firing data, and wait for further word…….

After more checking by our people on the Westboro Baptist Church coming to town, we have found that they did in fact apply for a permit, but their 10 day waiver was denied. (The permit had to have a waiver because it was not done in time). The waiver was done and then denied legally so the city could not be sued over their 1st Amendment rights of “Freedom of Speech”. If you read their web site, you will see that they get their money from law suits from suing when their “rights” are denied in an illegal manner. After they were denied, no other word from the WBC has been heard.

The Jacksonville PD is fully aware of the word spreading for this weekend. Since there was no approval for this action, there will be no approval for any kind of “gatherings”. No other permits will be issued. The permit request they submitted was for Hargett Street and Hwy 24 across from the Veterans Cemetery.

We as Rolling Thunder, Inc. in Jacksonville have decided NOT to take up action and stand in defense this Saturday as Rolling Thunder, Inc. of NC. I believe the MOPH is also following our lead on this decision.

I have twice telephonically talked with the ISS (Installation Security and Safety) people to include the Asst Director, and Colonel Anderson and they have respectfully asked that we do not “counter protest”.

There is a two fold reason for their decision…….

1. They will not have permits. With no permits, they have no legal right to protest on or near the base. They will not be permitted to enter or be on government property should they decide to show up. If they do, they will be trespassing and will be detained by PMO and held for the City Police. Almost all of Hwy 24 leading to Lejeune on the south side belongs to the base. As you approach the base gates, all that land belongs to the base. Without permission of the base command, that is restricted FEDERAL PROPERTY. With no access to the base, they will only have a small strip of “median” in the road, and that is where the Jacksonville PD will come into play. Any hindrances whatsoever by anyone to impede the flow of traffic can be arrested and processed. In other words……..no standing in the median!!!! No permit…..no legal rights!

2. Col Anderson has asked that this thing be “played down” as the media has already made a huge deal over the Lauterbach incident. If it turns into a “media circus”, this will only bring more light to Kansas Church, and that is what these fanatics want. If they are downplayed, and no one cares, they will dry up and go away. They have specifically asked Rolling Thunder not to be there. They respect us, and what we do, and because of that and after careful thought and cooling down from being called “Marine Corps Fags”, I feel the decisions of the base officials should be respected and we should honor and trust that the base will handle these people.

We have worked hard to gain the respect and confidence of the Marine Corps Base and the officials of the local community. I agree with the Chapter members last night when they said, “Let’s not jeopardize what we have for some stupid people who have no influence whatsoever in what our mission statement is; and let’s do what we are suppose to do for Rolling Thunder®, Inc. and the POW/MIA’s. You can’t fix stupid!!!”

We will respect the wishes of Colonel Anderson and his ISS office, and the Jacksonville Police Department and trust them to handle the situation as they have said.

If things CHANGE (and they could), I will put out an immediate email with updated info…….

Thanks…….hope everyone understands……

Hank Hangsleben
Rolling Thunder®, Inc.
NC State Director

azform
01-16-08, 05:10 AM
Greetings, my Brothers &amp; Sisters ~ I have been working day and night along with my (very sick with PTSD) group to inform the public through major and minor media publishers and televison celebrity...

Phantom Blooper
01-16-08, 04:22 PM
FBI: Laurean may be in Mexico <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
January 16, 2008 - 2:47PM <br />
<br />
(AP) — The key suspect in the slaying of a 20-year-old pregnant Marine told comrades he would flee to Mexico to avoid a...

thedrifter
01-16-08, 08:11 PM
From MSgt John Cooney, USMC (Ret.) via email:

Below is a notice put out by Col Hodges, base commander asking for restraint concerning the idiots from the WBC who are supposedly coming to town to picket. The date is wrong though it's not this Saturday, according to a reliable source their permit was denied for this weekend due to time constraints. It is scheduled for Saturday, 26 January and there are to be 4 to 6 demonstrators ~ woo that's scary. The location on the permit is at Hargett and Lejeune Blvd. That is across from the veterans cemetery and the Beirut Memorial, which is my only concern. If history proves out and they do actually show up, most of them will probably be women. There is nothing to prevent us from going to visit the Beirut Memorial during this time period, noon on Saturday, to pay a visit. I really don't think that they know what they are getting themselves in for, this is not one of their funeral demonstrations. There will be Marines and veterans out there that will do them harm. The base is ready for any trespassing and they will not hesitate to arrest them as well as the JPD. No one wants these Marine haters here, you can rest assured of that. If you show up at the Memorial site just use good judgment, these idiots are here for publicity and to provoke someone into action.
quote:
Notice to All Hands:

A civil demonstration is scheduled to take place Saturday at around noon on public property near Camp Lejeune addressing the highly-publicized Marine murder investigation underway by Onslow County Sheriff's Department. For your own safety, if you happen to come in contact with this gathering, leave the area immediately. Do not attempt to engage in any verbal taunting or physical altercation with this group. We believe they want to generate additional publicity by provoking such a confrontation. Do not help them in this effort by engaging in any provocative activity. The Marine Corps has always respected and fought for the inherent right of all American citizens to peacefully demonstrate. In keeping with our Core Values, I urge all Marines and Sailors to stay away from this demonstration and allow it to take place in a manner that is both peaceful and civil.

Col A.E. Hodges
Base Commanding Officer

Ellie

mcvet57103
01-16-08, 08:22 PM
From MSgt John Cooney, USMC (Ret.) via email:

Below is a notice put out by Col Hodges, base commander asking for restraint concerning the idiots from the WBC who are supposedly coming to town to picket. The date is wrong though it's not this Saturday, according to a reliable source their permit was denied for this weekend due to time constraints. It is scheduled for Saturday, 26 January and there are to be 4 to 6 demonstrators ~ woo that's scary. The location on the permit is at Hargett and Lejeune Blvd. That is across from the veterans cemetery and the Beirut Memorial, which is my only concern. If history proves out and they do actually show up, most of them will probably be women. There is nothing to prevent us from going to visit the Beirut Memorial during this time period, noon on Saturday, to pay a visit. I really don't think that they know what they are getting themselves in for, this is not one of their funeral demonstrations. There will be Marines and veterans out there that will do them harm. The base is ready for any trespassing and they will not hesitate to arrest them as well as the JPD. No one wants these Marine haters here, you can rest assured of that. If you show up at the Memorial site just use good judgment, these idiots are here for publicity and to provoke someone into action.
quote:
Notice to All Hands:

A civil demonstration is scheduled to take place Saturday at around noon on public property near Camp Lejeune addressing the highly-publicized Marine murder investigation underway by Onslow County Sheriff's Department. For your own safety, if you happen to come in contact with this gathering, leave the area immediately. Do not attempt to engage in any verbal taunting or physical altercation with this group. We believe they want to generate additional publicity by provoking such a confrontation. Do not help them in this effort by engaging in any provocative activity. The Marine Corps has always respected and fought for the inherent right of all American citizens to peacefully demonstrate. In keeping with our Core Values, I urge all Marines and Sailors to stay away from this demonstration and allow it to take place in a manner that is both peaceful and civil.

Col A.E. Hodges
Base Commanding Officer

Ellie

Yes, this post is right, we can not let these scum bait us into doing something for a media bite. Excersize restraint Marines, and all those who stand behind our armed forces. Let them excersize their rights given to them by the blood of our fallen, to spout their disgusting diatribe. And be inspired knowing that you all stayed faithful to our fallen heros and their families.

azform
01-16-08, 11:56 PM
I'm going to comment on the above AP post. <br />
There is some confusion with the date she says she was raped, her pregnancy test, and the time line in general. <br />
Speaking from personal experience, I had...

Phantom Blooper
01-17-08, 04:58 AM
Source: Murder weapon was crowbar <br />
<br />
FBI says Laurean may be in Mexico <br />
<br />
<br />
BY LINDELL KAY <br />
January 16, 2008 - 11:05PM <br />
DAILY NEWS STAFF <br />
A Marine charged with killing a fellow Marine who he had...

OLE SARG
01-17-08, 08:51 AM
If we get lucky, maybe some doped up mexican will kill the son of ***** for his watch or something. We can only hope.

I don't give a **** about "if she didn't feel threatened", the son of ***** raped her and last time I checked that was a FELONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! His fat ass needed to be sitting in a box-sized cell waiting for the axe to fall. The ******* needs a reality check with a blunt instrument!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

thewookie
01-17-08, 09:09 AM
Anyone know this turd balls MOS?

Phantom Blooper
01-17-08, 09:30 AM
Lauterbach was assigned to the 2nd Marine Logistics Group of the II Marine Expeditionary Force, based at Camp Lejeune. She joined the Marines in June 2006, and had not been sent to either Iraq or Afghanistan. Laurean worked in the same unit, where both were personnel clerks.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Admin Pogues.......

lilith007
01-17-08, 11:22 AM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><!-- Output logo -->http://www.wnct.com/etc/design/midatlantic/NCT.Style.PrintViewLogo.Image.gif (http://www.wnct.com/midatlantic/nct/home.html)
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript><!-- DisplayOasAd("Top,Top1,Top2,Top3,TopRight,Middle,Middle1,Middle2 ,Middle3,Left,Left1,Left2,Left3,Right,Right1,Right 2,Right3,Bottom,Bottom1,Bottom2,Bottom3,BottomLeft ,BottomRight,x30,x50!Top"); // --></SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript1.1 src="http://ads.mgnetwork.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_jx.ads/wnct.com/news/on_air_links/1993928277@Top,Top1,Top2,Top3,TopRight,Middle,Midd le1,Middle2,Middle3,Left,Left1,Left2,Left3,Right,R ight1,Right2,Right3,Bottom,Bottom1,Bottom2,Bottom3 ,BottomLeft,BottomRight,x30,x50!Top"></SCRIPT><!-- Casale Media 2007 (C) --><!-- Ad Format: Leaderboard --><!-- Domain(s): mediageneral.com, edendailynews.com, newsadvance.com, registerbee.com, neweraprogress.com, nelsoncountytimes.com, reidsvillereview.com, wsls.com, madison-messenger.com, tricities.com, washconews.com, tricitiesweddings.com, blandcountynews.com, floydpress.com, richlands-news-press.com, smythnews.com, wythenews.com, timesdispatch.com, discoverrichmond.com, westernchesterfieldexchange.com, powhatantoday.com, inrich.com, virginiabusiness.com, insidenova.com, belvoireagle.com, staffordcountysun.com, orangenews.com, greene-news.com, culpepernews.com, starexponent.com, dailyprogress.com, manassasjm.com, potomacnews.com, madison-news.com, mechlocal.com, newsvirginian.com, goochlandgazette.com, midlothianexchange.com, thecornernews.com, wrbl.com, oanow.com, dothaneagle.com, jcfloridan.com, eprisenow.com, wmbb.com, wkrg.com, wjtv.com, kalb.com, whlt.com, wsav.com, wcbd.com, mycw17.com, scnow.com, wspa.com, wasv.com, wnct.com, wjbf.com, wneg32.com, wtvq.com, journalnow.com, independenttribune.com, hickoryrecord.com, statesville.com, morganton.com, mcdowellnews.com, mooresvilletribune.com, gabgals.com, navigatethelake.com, visitburkecounty.com, winstonsalemmonthly.com, puttandswing.com, beyondthedriveway.com, thebesteats.com, tbo.com, wfla.com, hernandotoday.com, highlandstoday.com, tampatrib.com, nbc17.com, turnto10.com, nbc4i.com, nbc13.com --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript><!--var casaleD=new Date();var casaleR=(casaleD.getTime()%8673806982)+Math.random ();var casaleUU=escape('mediageneral.com'); var casaleHost='.casalemedia.com/';var casaleWH='" width="728" height="90" ';var casaleFR='marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"';casaleFR +=' allowtransparency="true">';document.write('<ifr'+'ame src="http://as'+casaleHost+'s?s=88255&u='+casaleUU);document.write('&f=2&id='+casaleR+casaleWH+casaleFR+'<a hr'+'ef="http://c');document.write(casaleHost+'c?s=88255&f=2&id='+casaleR+'" target="_blank">');document.write('<i'+'mg src="http://as'+casaleHost+'s?s=88255&u='+casaleUU);document.write('&f=2&id='+casaleR+'&if=0'+casaleWH+'border="0"><\/a>');document.write('<\/ifr'+'ame>');//--></SCRIPT><IFRAME marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://as.casalemedia.com/s?s=88255&u=mediageneral.com&f=2&id=3605159336.000324" frameBorder=0 width=728 scrolling=no height=90 allowTransparency>http://as.casalemedia.com/s?s=88255&u=mediageneral.com&f=2&id=3605159336.000324&if=0 (http://c.casalemedia.com/c?s=88255&f=2&id=3605159336.000324)</IFRAME><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT><!-- Casale Media 2007 (C) --><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><LINK href="/etc/design/midatlantic/NCT.Css.l2fWChmVBwCVDgvTCgXHDgvZl2fYDgLJBgu-.css" type=text/css rel=stylesheet>

<!-- sphereit start -->Affidavits Attached To Warrants Detail Conversation Between Cesar Laurean and Christina Laurean On Lauterbach's Death

Thursday, Jan 17, 2008 - 10:33 AM Updated: 11:39 AM

By Philip Jones
E-mail (pjones@wnct.com) | Biography (http://www.wnct.com/midatlantic/nct/authors.Bio.-content-midatlantic-nct-authors-philip_jones.html)

Affidavits attached to warrants obtained by Nine On Your Side this morning show that Cesar Laurean’s wife knew about the death of Maria Lauterbach at least a day before she reported it to the Onslow County Sheriff’s Office.

The affidavits attached to the warrants show that on January 10<SUP>th</SUP>, the day before Christina went to law enforcement about Lauterbach’s death, she went with Cesar Laurean to visit one of his civilian attorneys.

On the way to the attorney, Cesar told her that Maria Lauterbach visited their home on December 15<SUP>th</SUP>. Cesar Laurean claimed that Maria told him that she had a plan to leave the area and demanded money from him. Cesar also told his wife that he went to the bus station and helped Lauterbach purchase a ticket.

According to the claim in the affidavits attached to the warrants, Lauterbach went back to Laurean’s residence that night and began arguing with Cesar.

Cesar claimed Lauterbach slit her own throat, but Onslow County Sheriff’s deputies say they don’t believe that’s the case.

Cesar Laurean goes on to claim that he buried her body in a wooded area adjacent to his house.

The affidavits attached to the warrants go on to say that Laurean had obtained legal counsel and explained the facts to his lawyers.

They told him that he could be facing the death penalty.

Laurean was last seen at around 4AM on January 11<SUP>th</SUP>. That same day, Christina Laurean turned over a note to the Onslow County Sheriff’s Office that detailed Cesar’s claims about how Lauterbach died.

We will have more on these breaking developments on Eyewitness News 9 at Noon.

<!-- sphereit end -->
Go Back (javascript:history.back())
<TABLE style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>WNCT.COM (http://www.wnct.com/midatlantic/nct/home.html): Eyewitness News 9
Terms and Conditions
(http://www.wnct.com/midatlantic/nct/about/terms_and_conditions.html)FCC EEO Info (http://media.mgbg.com/wnct/2007_FCC_EEO_Public_File_Report.xls)
Copyright � 2008 Media General, Inc. All Rights Reserved</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://www.wnct.com/midatlantic/nct/news/local_news.apx.-content-articles-NCT-2008-01-17-0031.html?iref=topnews

thewookie
01-17-08, 11:31 AM
I'd like to see how much more evidence comes out about this but I think she should at least be charged with something, I'm no lawyer but,,,

Phantom Blooper
01-17-08, 02:55 PM
Laurean's wife waited to report death <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
January 17, 2008 - 12:02PM <br />
<br />
(AP) — The wife of the key suspect in the slaying of a 20-year-old pregnant Marine waited almost 24 hours after learning...

thewookie
01-17-08, 03:27 PM
Why did she wait 24 hrs,,,,because she was giving him some time to run,,bet you?

Big Jim
01-17-08, 03:46 PM
Yep!! ...and you know she isn't even facing any charges? This b!tch is a conspirator and those fvcken idiots Onslow County sheriffs or Barney Fifes need to charge her and get ALL this informaton out...

yellowwing
01-18-08, 12:19 AM
Its a sad tale Bros. Two Marines gone over stupid sh!#$#@$.

ADRoughrider
01-18-08, 03:02 PM
Let’s suppose for a moment that the wife does know more than what she is saying. Now what? Should our attentions be to grab up our torches and pitchforks and go after her? Cpl Laurean is the actual...

Big Jim
01-18-08, 03:55 PM
Let’s suppose for a moment that the wife does know more than what she is saying. Now what? Should our attentions be to grab up our torches and pitchforks and go after her? Cpl Laurean is the actual murderer, the actual rapist, the actual instigator of all of this. If the wife was complicit in his crimes, who’s to say she did not fear for her life? If he raped and murdered one woman, what would prevent him from doing it to another one? Marriage has never stopped murder or rape. It is amazing how the tone shifts to make another woman at fault. “Why didn’t SHE stop that monster?”

That's all we need... more women-blaming. Why don't we wait for all the facts to come to light before we start the discrediting and name-calling? It's that kind of crap that allowed this rapist/murderer to get away in the first place.
<!-- end id:sidebar -->

WTF?!?! Try filling out your profile before you start swinging your purse and defending someone who is plainly guilty!!! How in the HELL can someone living in the same house NOT know what this sh!thead was trying to cover up with fresh paint out of the blue?!?! ...AND THEN.....waited a whole 24 hours before she decided to report it to the police!! Can YOU tell me or ANYONE THAT action was without guilt or intended to help him get away?!?! SHEEEIITTT!!! Nobody is asking why SHE didn't stop him, but why SHE didn't call the police and at least had him arrested for the murder?!?! ...and I don't give a fvck if it was a woman, man, cat or dog...if they are guilty...your damn right I'm gonna discredit and blame and name-call ALL I can. You sound like YOU have something to hide!!

Here's a hint...try to know what you're talking about before opening your mouth!!

Phantom Blooper
01-18-08, 04:05 PM
National news reported that Cpl.Shiatbag Murderer was trained in MacGyver tactics and he could do almost anything.... so murdering someone,covering it up,and painting the walls without any one knowing about it is possible.....LMFAO!

jahhead88
01-18-08, 04:29 PM
Lcpl Lauterbach died of head trauma. Was this before or after she supposedly slit her throat? This scumbag needs to be caught. His wife knows more than she's letting on.

Maybe when they catch him, they could set him on fire and see how he likes it. Another suggestion is a Roman form of torture, take two rocks, place the offenders testicles between the rocks, and with a high amount of force bang the two rocks together.

Just a thought.

mcvet57103
01-18-08, 09:43 PM
WTF?!?! Try filling out your profile before you start swinging your purse and defending someone who is plainly guilty!!! How in the HELL can someone living in the same house NOT know what this sh!thead was trying to cover up with fresh paint out of the blue?!?! ...AND THEN.....waited a whole 24 hours before she decided to report it to the police!! Can YOU tell me or ANYONE THAT action was without guilt or intended to help him get away?!?! SHEEEIITTT!!! Nobody is asking why SHE didn't stop him, but why SHE didn't call the police and at least had him arrested for the murder?!?! ...and I don't give a fvck if it was a woman, man, cat or dog...if they are guilty...your damn right I'm gonna discredit and blame and name-call ALL I can. You sound like YOU have something to hide!!

Here's a hint...try to know what you're talking about before opening your mouth!!

I agree. Why do we always give the wife the benefit of the doubt. She was living in the house, and I would wander how she could not know, with her husband being accused of rape, and the accuser suddenly disappearing with fresh paint on the walls of her house, that there isn't something wrong with the situation. She knows more than she is telling, and I think he wrote the letter to cover her sorry rear.
As for him. he is most likely in Mexico. What a life he will have. Never being able to show his face for fear of being extradited back to the U.S. And having to be a beaner the rest of his life. Which is more of a punishment? I think I would opt for the death penalty rather than what he will face for the rest of his life.

zx6rdr
01-18-08, 09:54 PM
Hey Marines,

Go to fox news, they have a video of this scumbag in lowes... Apparently there was two other Marines with him?!?!?!?!?!?!? Video is a bit fuzzy but the guys with him definately fit the discription, But then again who doesn't in
J-Ville???

The guy and his wife need to fry fry fry... Or just let me at em....

mcvet57103
01-18-08, 10:10 PM
Hey Marines,

Go to fox news, they have a video of this scumbag in lowes... Apparently there was two other Marines with him?!?!?!?!?!?!? Video is a bit fuzzy but the guys with him definately fit the discription, But then again who doesn't in
J-Ville???

The guy and his wife need to fry fry fry... Or just let me at em....

This just gets better every time I read this thread. ;) "lets make the Marine Corps look like a bunch of rapists, and baby killers". One bad egg and the liberal media forgets the sacrifices, and highlights one sh*tbird. Apparently the whole Marine corps is bad according to what the media says.

Screw the media! I know the scrafices my fellow Marines have made so that these scumbags can spout their crap. It drives me crazy every time I read or hear this garbage. I wander, how many of the ones writing this crap have litterally put their life on the line for the rights they enjoy? I would guess...........NONE!

zx6rdr
01-18-08, 10:13 PM
GARDNER

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: 100% AGREE!!!!!!!

VERY WELL PUT

Phantom Blooper
01-19-08, 06:15 AM
Search for Laurean turns to TV <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
LINDELL KAY <br />
January 19, 2008 - 12:42AM <br />
DAILY NEWS STAFF <br />
With the man accused of killing a pregnant Marine and burying her burned body in his backyard still...

thewookie
01-19-08, 09:17 AM
You know I hate to say it but I think this guy can stay on the run for a while. In some of the limited video I've seen on him he appears to be very comfortable and he blends in very well. I don't know about MacGyver, but if he's got any type of common sense, and it appears so far that he does, then all he has to do now is just not stick out. It's a big world out there and he looks kinda average to me?

I doubt he's stupid enough to still be in the US, but I'll also hedge that bet and say I think he could be, because the border is probably too hot for him to get out? And he might not have made it there before it got that way? Either way he either goes out in a blaze of gun fire someday, or more then likely they'll find him cowering in some cold hole in a little MRE shack in Mexico? And it will be fitting if he's found in a cold hole because he's definitely cold as ice. He was just acting like nothing was going on for a while, after he killed her and before he bolted? And the wife didn't know? He had plenty of time to get a good head start, and with a good plan he might be tough to find for a while.

But just like that chump from the Olympic city park bombings in Atlanta, Eric Rudolph. Even the best "MacGyvers" with the best plans eventually get busted, with either good luck or good police work! His life as he knew it is over because he'll only run so long,,, they will get him one day. Then that piece of crap is going to pay.

But I bet the wife gets some type of immunity for giving up information on what really happened before he left,,,, like she helped him paint probably!

"Duh,,, honey why are we painting in here?"

azform
01-19-08, 03:26 PM
Services have always been dealing with this kind of ignorance. These things happen everywhere, around the world. Only the details are different. Azform

Phantom Blooper
01-19-08, 08:15 PM
DA won't seek death penalty if Laurean found in Mexico <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
BY HEATHER GALE <br />
January 19, 2008 - 8:28PM <br />
THE DAILY NEWS <br />
Caesar Laurean may not face the death penalty.

Big Jim
01-19-08, 09:13 PM
Man that is some B-muthafvcken-S!!! Gawddamn Mexico won't extradite if the death penalty is on the table?!?! We need to just close the fvcken gates then!!! Why in the HELL are they going to protect...

Phantom Blooper
01-22-08, 04:41 AM
Laurean 'sightings' abound <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
LINDELL KAY <br />
January 22, 2008 - 12:31AM <br />
DAILY NEWS STAFF <br />
As the international manhunt for a Marine corporal charged with the slaying of a pregnant Marine...

zx6rdr
01-22-08, 09:36 PM
GUADALAJARA, Mexico — Missing Marine Cesar Laurean, wanted in the slaying of a pregnant colleague, visited relatives in Mexico last week, a man who said he was his cousin told The Associated Press Tuesday.
CNN first reported that Laurean had briefly stopped by the liquor store of Juan Antonio Ramos Ramirez in Zapopan, just outside Guadalajara. Speaking to The Associated Press late Tuesday from his store, Ramos Ramirez said Laurean walked into his store last Monday or Tuesday and the two cousins exchanged about 10 minutes of small talk about their respective families.
Laurean then told Ramos Ramirez, whose mother is Laurean's sister, that he had to get back to two friends waiting outside.
Days later, Ramos Ramirez saw a television report that Laurean was wanted in the U.S. for killing 20-year-old Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach.
Authorities have said they suspected that Laurean fled to Mexico, but the comments from Ramos Ramirez were the first public confirmation that the Marine had been in the country.

mcvet57103
01-22-08, 09:47 PM
GUADALAJARA, Mexico — Missing Marine Cesar Laurean, wanted in the slaying of a pregnant colleague, visited relatives in Mexico last week, a man who said he was his cousin told The Associated Press Tuesday.
CNN first reported that Laurean had briefly stopped by the liquor store of Juan Antonio Ramos Ramirez in Zapopan, just outside Guadalajara. Speaking to The Associated Press late Tuesday from his store, Ramos Ramirez said Laurean walked into his store last Monday or Tuesday and the two cousins exchanged about 10 minutes of small talk about their respective families.
Laurean then told Ramos Ramirez, whose mother is Laurean's sister, that he had to get back to two friends waiting outside.
Days later, Ramos Ramirez saw a television report that Laurean was wanted in the U.S. for killing 20-year-old Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach.
Authorities have said they suspected that Laurean fled to Mexico, but the comments from Ramos Ramirez were the first public confirmation that the Marine had been in the country.

Nice to see someone other than the phantomblooper getting a news break in. LOL

Matty167
01-23-08, 12:34 AM
ZAPOPAN, Mexico (CNN) -- A cousin of suspected killer Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean told CNN Tuesday that he saw the wanted man near Guadalajara a week ago. <br />
&lt;!--startclickprintexclude--&gt; The FBI has...

Matty167
01-23-08, 12:42 AM
From another website, for those who are interested:

I belong to Maria L's sister's Myspace page and she announced this tonite:

MARIA AND HER BABY'S VIEWING WILL BE FRIDAY, JANUARY 25, 2008 FROM 4-8PM AND THEIR FUNERAL WILL BE ON SATURDAY JANUARY 26, 2008 AT 10AM

BOTH THE VIEWING AND THE FUNERAL WILL BE HELD AT ST. CHRISTOPHER CHURCH IN VANDALIA OHIO

Phantom Blooper
01-23-08, 07:02 AM
Controversial rally permitted for Saturday

HEATHER GALE ("")
January 23, 2008 - 1:13AM
DAILY NEWS STAFF
Saturday may be a controversial day for local residents, with protests and support rallies left and right.

The Jacksonville Police Department issued a public assembly permit Friday to members of the Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kan., but that action concerned at least one person who went to Tuesday's Jacksonville City Council meeting to make his opinion known.
The primitive Baptist church, headed by Pastor Fred Phelps, is most known for protesting military funerals and anything it perceives as related to homosexuality. It has come to Jacksonville to protest the U.S. Marine Corps, which it says God hates, and issues involving the death of Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach.

Scott Peters, a Jacksonville resident, sent out a press release early Tuesday to encourage people to attend the meeting and share their concerns and disapproval of the permit and to offer alternatives. But he appeared to be alone in the audience.

He said during his presentation to the council that it should look at the impact the protesters will have on the community, and it should make people aware of appropriate conduct recommended for onlookers.

Peters also said during the public comment period of the meeting that the area given to the church to protest is not a good area because it could interfere with many city ordinances.
"I am not asking for (the council) to disallow the event," Peters said. "I just want to move the protest to another area where it won't interfere with Jacksonville's daily lives ... like a park."

Kristoff Bauer, Jacksonville's city manager, said the city is prepared for the church group to come and that people should be cautious around them.

Bauer said he agrees with the statement from Col. Adele Hodges when she urged all Marines and sailors to stay away from the demonstration by the church group.

Peters, however, said the city should make sure it has a plan to deal with any Marines that may become enraged by the protest.

"What Col. Hodges said was just a suggestion, not an order," he said. "(The city) needs to be prepared."

Councilman Jerome Willingham said that the group's coming to protest is "troubling and disheartening" and that it is a shame that the church doesn't share the universal courtesy for dignity of loss of life as most of society does.

"We do, however, have to remember that we just celebrated Martin Luther King Jr. Day, and at times what he was saying was not welcome," he said. "We must allow the appreciation of the Constitution, even if we don't agree with their message."

Mayor Sammy Phillips said the Constitution does allow people to speak and assemble and he would fight for that right; however, he is a big supporter of the military and is excited about the support for troops rally being held at the same time.

In response to the church's coming to Jacksonville, Chrissy Speelman, 31, Mandie Benson, 26, and Nikki Stahl, 29, all of Jacksonville, organized a Support our Troops rally the same day to offer an alternative.

"(Jacksonville) is our home and we want to do something great," Speelman said.
Stahl said she wants Marines and veterans alike to know that Jacksonville is their city and they are welcome and supported.

The church plans to meet from 11 a.m. to noon Saturday at Hargett Street and Lejeune Boulevard.

The Support our Troops rally is from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Jacksonville Commons Park.
In addition, the Gathering of Eagles is holding an Operation Celebration of American Military rally from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at 2025 N. Marine Blvd. in Jacksonville.

Contact Heather Gale at hgale@freedomenc.com or 910-353-1171, ext. 8464.

Matty167
01-23-08, 11:36 PM
Controversial rally permitted for Saturday

HEATHER GALE
January 23, 2008 - 1:13AM
DAILY NEWS STAFF
Saturday may be a controversial day for local residents, with protests and support rallies left and right.

The Jacksonville Police Department issued a public assembly permit Friday to members of the Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kan., but that action concerned at least one person who went to Tuesday's Jacksonville City Council meeting to make his opinion known.
The primitive Baptist church, headed by Pastor Fred Phelps, is most known for protesting military funerals and anything it perceives as related to homosexuality. It has come to Jacksonville to protest the U.S. Marine Corps, which it says God hates, and issues involving the death of Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach.

Scott Peters, a Jacksonville resident, sent out a press release early Tuesday to encourage people to attend the meeting and share their concerns and disapproval of the permit and to offer alternatives. But he appeared to be alone in the audience.

He said during his presentation to the council that it should look at the impact the protesters will have on the community, and it should make people aware of appropriate conduct recommended for onlookers.

Peters also said during the public comment period of the meeting that the area given to the church to protest is not a good area because it could interfere with many city ordinances.
"I am not asking for (the council) to disallow the event," Peters said. "I just want to move the protest to another area where it won't interfere with Jacksonville's daily lives ... like a park."

Kristoff Bauer, Jacksonville's city manager, said the city is prepared for the church group to come and that people should be cautious around them.

Bauer said he agrees with the statement from Col. Adele Hodges when she urged all Marines and sailors to stay away from the demonstration by the church group.

Peters, however, said the city should make sure it has a plan to deal with any Marines that may become enraged by the protest.

"What Col. Hodges said was just a suggestion, not an order," he said. "(The city) needs to be prepared."

Councilman Jerome Willingham said that the group's coming to protest is "troubling and disheartening" and that it is a shame that the church doesn't share the universal courtesy for dignity of loss of life as most of society does.

"We do, however, have to remember that we just celebrated Martin Luther King Jr. Day, and at times what he was saying was not welcome," he said. "We must allow the appreciation of the Constitution, even if we don't agree with their message."

Mayor Sammy Phillips said the Constitution does allow people to speak and assemble and he would fight for that right; however, he is a big supporter of the military and is excited about the support for troops rally being held at the same time.

In response to the church's coming to Jacksonville, Chrissy Speelman, 31, Mandie Benson, 26, and Nikki Stahl, 29, all of Jacksonville, organized a Support our Troops rally the same day to offer an alternative.

"(Jacksonville) is our home and we want to do something great," Speelman said.
Stahl said she wants Marines and veterans alike to know that Jacksonville is their city and they are welcome and supported.

The church plans to meet from 11 a.m. to noon Saturday at Hargett Street and Lejeune Boulevard.

The Support our Troops rally is from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Jacksonville Commons Park.
In addition, the Gathering of Eagles is holding an Operation Celebration of American Military rally from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at 2025 N. Marine Blvd. in Jacksonville.

Contact Heather Gale at hgale@freedomenc.com or 910-353-1171, ext. 8464.

what does this have to do with LCpl Lauterbach? am I in the wrong threAD

Phantom Blooper
01-24-08, 07:45 AM
Lauterbach’s mom fills in some pieces of a daughter’s life <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
TIMMI TOLER <br />
January 24, 2008 - 8:08AM <br />
DAILY NEWS STAFF <br />
She loved sports. She loved church. She was not a compulsive liar. Mary...

Phantom Blooper
01-24-08, 08:53 AM
Cesar Laurean rode a bus into Mexico <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
January 24, 2008 - 9:37AM <br />
<br />
Cesar Laurean rode a bus into Mexico.

Phantom Blooper
01-24-08, 10:19 AM
Laurean indicted on first-degree murder charges <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
January 24, 2008 - 11:04AM <br />
<br />
A Marine charged with killing a pregnant Marine who he had been accused of raping has been indicted on murder...

Phantom Blooper
01-25-08, 11:38 AM
Laurean's wife's attorney says sheriff needed warrant <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
BY LINDELL KAY <br />
January 25, 2008 - 10:51AM <br />
DAILY NEWS STAFF <br />
Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown did not have permission to conduct a tour...

SLU_fly_girl
01-25-08, 10:36 PM
From the Dayton Daily Newspaper..... <br />
<br />
<br />
Body of slain Marine returned to Dayton <br />
<br />
By Margo Rutledge Kissell <br />
<br />
Staff Writer <br />
<br />
Friday, January 25, 2008

BOTTLEDZ28
01-26-08, 07:40 AM
I wonder if the family will allow military friends of hers to attend in uniform. I wonder how they feel as a whole toward the Marine Corps right now.

azform
01-26-08, 08:23 AM
If every Marine from LeJeune turned out for her funeral in silent witness to her courage, I think that would show HONOR to L/Cpl Lauterbach, her infant daughter, the public's perceptions, and it fulfills a DUTY to leave no one behind.
Joan
USMC 1965-1966

Phantom Blooper
01-27-08, 05:43 AM
Church group draws counterprotest <br />
<br />
Law enforcment prevents physical interaction <br />
<br />
<br />
BY HEATHER GALE <br />
January 26, 2008 - 7:24PM <br />
DAILY NEWS STAFF <br />
Five people versus 40.

Phantom Blooper
01-27-08, 05:45 AM
Support Our Troops rally draws a crowd

BY AMANDA HICKEY ("")
January 26, 2008 - 10:35PM
DAILY NEWS STAFF
While five members of the Westboro Baptist Church protested the U.S. Marine Corps, more than 200 people gathered at Jacksonville Commons Park for the Support Our Troops rally.

The rally, organized by Marine wives Nikki Stahl, Amanda Benson, Christina Speelman, Jennifer Grooms and Kim Grove, was a way to say thank you to the troops.

“We decided that it’s time to do something for our troops with our community,” Speelman said.

The rally was one of two events — the other being at U.S. 17 and Western Boulevard — organized in response to the Topeka, Kan.-based church group’s protest across town.
Forty-three businesses and seven individuals made donations, allowing food to be spread across tables and coffee to be served to fight off the cold.

“We had so little resistance. Everyone (was) all about it. That’s exactly what we wanted to spotlight about this community,” Grooms said.

Scooter the Clown was among those who volunteered their services.

“I believe that what the other folks over there are doing, they have a right to do, but I believe in supporting the people who give them that right,” he said as he made a balloon animal. “The Armed Forces fight for that right.”

For Scooter, a peaceful rally was a good response.

“I think that if you want to get your point across, you don’t have to be stomping around with signs and being angry,” he said.

Omar Myers retired from the Marine Corps after 20 years as a staff sergeant and is now the post commander of AMVETS. When he heard of the rally, he wanted to make sure AMVETS was involved.

“This is our country. We’ve got to support the people who protect it,” he said.
With Myers came former post commander and retired Staff Sgt. Joseph Traumer, a Vietnam veteran.

“It’s (the Westboro Baptist Church’s) freedom to say what they want to say, but its our right to listen or not listen,” he said.

Darlene Shriver, 62 of Jacksonville came to the rally because she felt it was the right thing to do. Shriver’s husband was in the Army and her son was in the Air Force.

“It makes me feel proud to be here, and the wives showing such great support of their husbands and the entire military is great,” she said.

As she thought of Westboro Baptist Church, Shriver just shook her head.

“I know they have the right to be here, but I disagree whole heartedly with everything they’re doing,” she said.

Cristal Romeo, 21 of Jacksonville, and her 16-month old sons Draven and Donavan went to the rally in full support of the Marine Corps.

Romeo’s jeans donned the words “Proud Marine Wife,” “Support the Troops,” and “I love my Marine,” while the twin boys wore camouflage pants and jackets with a shirt underneath that said “My daddy rules,” with the Marine Corps emblem.

On the side of their stroller was a sign that read “Daddy fights for freedom as we fight for his name.”

“It’s really great to see that this many people support (the Marines),” Romeo said. “I’m just grateful that these girls put this together.”

Also making appearances were Onslow County Commissioners Delma Collins and Lionell Midgett.

“It’s such a good feeling (to be at the rally). It just amplifies what I’ve known as a member of this community all my life, that is when a challenge comes to this community, they bond together and rise up,” Collins said. “It’s a good way to give back, that’s what this is all about. This is my way of giving back and supporting the military.”

Col. Paul O’Toole was also at the rally and led the group in the pledge of allegiance before thanking the organizers.

“You typify what we have here in Jacksonville,” he told the organizers. “I like this environment because everyone down here is either in the Marine Corps or Navy, or is tied to it.”

Gunnery Sgt. Robert Stahl, 31, of Jacksonville, was proud of what his wife and her friends put together.

“No one knew it was going to be this big, but I’m very proud of how big this is,” he said. “It fills me with pride, because even though this is a military community, they haven’t forgotten their roots. They still show their patriotism and support for the troops.”

Contact Jacksonville and Onslow County reporter Amanda Hickey at ahickey@freedomenc.com or 910-219-8463.

azform
01-27-08, 01:50 PM
Why are the brothers not standing up for the sisters? Is it I got your back unless you are female? Do people really need to have a RALLY to protect the balls of the rank and file Marine Corps? Geeeesh, guys. - Joan

rom ZDNET: January 11, 2008 - by David Masciotra
Support the Troops Unless They are Raped by Troops
On no American highway have I seen the bumper sticker,
"Support the troops unless they get raped by other troops."
Judging the level of attention and care given to female
soldiers who are sexually assaulted, it may be time to
plaster those stickers all over American automobiles.
Otherwise, proclamations of "troop support" by exploitative
politicians and hypocritical pundits should be treated as
inconsistent, incomplete, and phony.
The US Department of Veterans Affairs reported in 2005 that
11 percent of females in the National Guard were raped and 20
percent were sexually assaulted. If the fact that one out of
every five women in the NG is sexually assaulted is not
appalling enough, keep in mind what Defense Department
spokesperson Cynthia Smith said in response to the study:
"Sexual assault is the nation's most underreported crime."
Additional inquires by the VA found that 23% of female users
of VA healthcare reported experiencing sexual assault while
in the military. Seven percent of women who served in the
Persian Gulf War reported being raped and 33 percent were
victims of physical sexual harassment.
Brave young women freely enter into the military, accept the
sacrifices that military life requires, and as a bonus to
being shot at overseas and targeted by lunatics carrying
explosive devices, they may be sexually assaulted by their
fellow soldiers – the very men they expect to protect them
and are assigned to protect during a violent conflict.
Following their physical rape, they have to deal with the
Department of Defense, which offers inadequate, shoddy, and
pathetic resources for victims of "military sexual trauma."
Anita Sanchez with the Miles Foundation, an organization
that advocates for sexually assaulted female veterans, told
ABC News: "We exist because the government hasn't done
enough. The Senate Armed Services has recognized there are
not enough services, and the VA was authorized in the early
1990’s to create sexual trauma counseling centers, but the
Defense Department is only now calling for proposals."
Where are all of the pious people's servants who boast about
their love of country & support for troops, while bullying
those who dare criticize this war by questioning their
patriotism?
The damaging VA report was released in 2005 by a small group
of Congressmen, but most of it was written in 2001 and
suppressed by Bush’s White House. The President prioritized
protecting the Pentagon's image over getting raped veterans
the services they desperately need.
Congress self-righteously waved their finger at the DOD and
demanded they deal with the problem but offered no punishment
for failure to cooperate. They have also under funded the
VA's MST program by an estimated $7 billion.
The media (with the exception of PBS's “Now” program) have
stood disgustingly mute. Not even the air-conditioned office
warriors of Fox News have spoken in defense of soldiers raped
on duty. Instead they devote mindless hours of television to
attacking "the liberals" and obsessing over Hillary Clinton's
cackle. Even major feminist lobbies, such as the National
Organization for Women, have displayed apathy in face of this
dreadful story.
While our country ties yellow ribbons on trees, some of the
troops we claim to support are sexually assaulted and then
ignored when they return home from an unnecessary and unjust
war. Meanwhile, the rapists go unpunished and remain in the
barracks to prey on their next victim.
If America is serious about supporting soldiers it is
essential that this problem be addressed and leaders be held
accountable for their cruel indifference, even it does not
feel good or nicely translate into a back of the car slogan.
from ZDNET: January 11, 2008 - by David Masciotra

SGT7477
01-27-08, 03:51 PM
Phantom Blooper do you know Roger Lampton who lives in Richland too?

jahhead88
01-27-08, 09:28 PM
Well, well, well. WBC has a new cause to focus on.

Sgt Leprechaun
01-27-08, 10:30 PM
WBC, as I've said before, need to be hit with cinderblocks dropped from a large, tall building.

And, azform, FILL OUT A PROFILE!

In regard to the bloviating article posted, lots of hysterical ranting by someone who doesn't have a clue, and likely is no friend of the military to begin with.

We really don't want to go down this road, but if you desire, I will do so. The results won't be pretty.

davblay
01-27-08, 11:46 PM
Why are the brothers not standing up for the sisters? Is it I got your back unless you are female? Do people really need to have a RALLY to protect the balls of the rank and file Marine Corps? Geeeesh, guys. - Joan

rom ZDNET: January 11, 2008 - by David Masciotra
Support the Troops Unless They are Raped by Troops
On no American highway have I seen the bumper sticker,
"Support the troops unless they get raped by other troops."
Judging the level of attention and care given to female
soldiers who are sexually assaulted, it may be time to
plaster those stickers all over American automobiles.
Otherwise, proclamations of "troop support" by exploitative
politicians and hypocritical pundits should be treated as
inconsistent, incomplete, and phony.
The US Department of Veterans Affairs reported in 2005 that
11 percent of females in the National Guard were raped and 20
percent were sexually assaulted. If the fact that one out of
every five women in the NG is sexually assaulted is not
appalling enough, keep in mind what Defense Department
spokesperson Cynthia Smith said in response to the study:
"Sexual assault is the nation's most underreported crime."
Additional inquires by the VA found that 23% of female users
of VA healthcare reported experiencing sexual assault while
in the military. Seven percent of women who served in the
Persian Gulf War reported being raped and 33 percent were
victims of physical sexual harassment.
Brave young women freely enter into the military, accept the
sacrifices that military life requires, and as a bonus to
being shot at overseas and targeted by lunatics carrying
explosive devices, they may be sexually assaulted by their
fellow soldiers – the very men they expect to protect them
and are assigned to protect during a violent conflict.
Following their physical rape, they have to deal with the
Department of Defense, which offers inadequate, shoddy, and
pathetic resources for victims of "military sexual trauma."
Anita Sanchez with the Miles Foundation, an organization
that advocates for sexually assaulted female veterans, told
ABC News: "We exist because the government hasn't done
enough. The Senate Armed Services has recognized there are
not enough services, and the VA was authorized in the early
1990’s to create sexual trauma counseling centers, but the
Defense Department is only now calling for proposals."
Where are all of the pious people's servants who boast about
their love of country & support for troops, while bullying
those who dare criticize this war by questioning their
patriotism?
The damaging VA report was released in 2005 by a small group
of Congressmen, but most of it was written in 2001 and
suppressed by Bush’s White House. The President prioritized
protecting the Pentagon's image over getting raped veterans
the services they desperately need.
Congress self-righteously waved their finger at the DOD and
demanded they deal with the problem but offered no punishment
for failure to cooperate. They have also under funded the
VA's MST program by an estimated $7 billion.
The media (with the exception of PBS's “Now” program) have
stood disgustingly mute. Not even the air-conditioned office
warriors of Fox News have spoken in defense of soldiers raped
on duty. Instead they devote mindless hours of television to
attacking "the liberals" and obsessing over Hillary Clinton's
cackle. Even major feminist lobbies, such as the National
Organization for Women, have displayed apathy in face of this
dreadful story.
While our country ties yellow ribbons on trees, some of the
troops we claim to support are sexually assaulted and then
ignored when they return home from an unnecessary and unjust
war. Meanwhile, the rapists go unpunished and remain in the
barracks to prey on their next victim.
If America is serious about supporting soldiers it is
essential that this problem be addressed and leaders be held
accountable for their cruel indifference, even it does not
feel good or nicely translate into a back of the car slogan.
from ZDNET: January 11, 2008 - by David Masciotra

What the hell has this got to do with anything on this thread? Why isn't it deleted, mods?

azform
01-28-08, 01:37 AM
Why is it relevant. <br />
Squeemish to hear that career enlisted and officers, both men and women, are fighting like hell to be heard by their veteran brothers and sisters. On April 1, 2008 the House...

azform
01-28-08, 02:36 AM
I believe her funeral is slated for Feb 5th but word is not certain.

http://www.patriotguard.org/ALLForums/tabid/61/forumid/11/tpage/1/view/Topic/postid/756673/Default.aspx

Sgt Leprechaun
01-28-08, 03:50 AM
First, thank you for filling out the profile.

Second, as it deals with this particular case, perhaps you should dig a little deeper on this.

I'm going to play some devils advocate/defense attorney stuff here. Likely it will ruffle feathers, but I'm not the "Malignant Leprechaun" for nothing....

I've been doin cop shop stuff a long time, including as a sex crimes investigator, and there are a multitude of issues with this case. Not the least of which is the time lag. The command did what the command is supposed to do, by the book. They separated the individuals, because with what they had at the time (NOT with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, but what they knew, and when they knew it...) all they had was a case of she said/he said. He was meritorously promoted to Corporal, and while it's now shown he's a dirtbag of the highest order, and likely his wife is heavily involved (lets bring HER in and grill the hell out of her as well....), at the time, he's a stellar performer.

IF this really is a rape situation, WHY does the vic, in defiance of the various command orders, remain in contact with him?

Why does the vic go UA, leaving behind a note, taking stuff with her? Including her car?

There are alot of 'why's' in this case that have yet to be answered by the facts.

You want to get fired up, get fired up about the Keflavik case, a true miscarriage and travesty of justice, that the FACTS have born out.

"Sexual Harrassment" didn't 'drive' Lauterbach to her death. She was struck on the back of the head, with some great force, likely with a tire tool, then set afire. Being pregnant with the *alleged* rapist's baby at the same time. That's not some slap n tickle in the company First Sergeant's office, nor is it lewd remarks, comments, or even the goofiness of a 'Tailhook' event.
It's murder, and "Sexual Harrassment" is a straw man in this case.

In case some might have forgotten, it does take two to tango much of the time. As my wife (6 years, WM) says, "Defending the free world makes people horny", and that goes in BOTH directions. Portraying the women as innocent victims to the leering, snickering evil males is NOT the norm, it's rather the exception these days.

Do I claim that 'sexual harrasment' doesn't occur? No, I do not. But painting all young, horny adults as incapable of saying "No" (or willingly saying 'yes', for that matter) does no good for anyone.

Phantom Blooper
01-28-08, 08:04 AM
Mexican extradition complicated <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
LINDELL KAY <br />
January 28, 2008 - 12:05AM <br />
DAILY NEWS STAFF <br />
Even after he is caught, getting a Marine corporal back to Onslow County to stand trial for the...

Phantom Blooper
01-28-08, 02:54 PM
<TABLE class="" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class="">L/Cpl Maria F. Lauterbach USMC, 20, Vandalia, OH
http://*********************/forums/images/blackpixel.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD class="">Lance Cpl. Maria F. Lauterbach, 20, and infant son Gabriel Joseph, of Vandalia, passed away Saturday, December 15, 2007 in Jacksonville, North Carolina. Maria was a graduate of Vandalia Butler High School Class of 2006, and the Montgomery County Career Center. She was a gifted athlete excelling in soccer, softball and basketball and also very active with the St. Christopher youth group. Miss Lauterbach was a Lance Corporal in the US Marine Corps. Maria is survived by her parents, Victor and Mary (nee Steiner) Lauterbach 3 sisters, Ann, Kate and Theresa; brother, Ed; numerous aunts, uncles, and cousins. Mass of Christian Burial will be held 10:00 AM, Saturday, February 2, 2008 at St. Christopher Catholic Church, Vandalia, with burial following at Calvary Cemetery. Friends may call the church Thursday, January 31, 2008 from 4-8 PM. The family requests donations to be made to Vandalia Butler Foundation, Maria Lauterbach Athletic Scholarship Fund, PO Box 722, Vandalia, OH 45377. Envelopes will be available at the church. Arrangements by The Westbrock Funeral Home, Dayton (253-6161).

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Matty167
01-28-08, 05:40 PM
<TABLE class="" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class="">L/Cpl Maria F. Lauterbach USMC, 20, Vandalia, OH
http://*********************/forums/images/blackpixel.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD class="">Lance Cpl. Maria F. Lauterbach, 20, and infant son Gabriel Joseph, of Vandalia, passed away Saturday, December 15, 2007 in Jacksonville, North Carolina. Maria was a graduate of Vandalia Butler High School Class of 2006, and the Montgomery County Career Center. She was a gifted athlete excelling in soccer, softball and basketball and also very active with the St. Christopher youth group. Miss Lauterbach was a Lance Corporal in the US Marine Corps. Maria is survived by her parents, Victor and Mary (nee Steiner) Lauterbach 3 sisters, Ann, Kate and Theresa; brother, Ed; numerous aunts, uncles, and cousins. Mass of Christian Burial will be held 10:00 AM, Saturday, February 2, 2008 at St. Christopher Catholic Church, Vandalia, with burial following at Calvary Cemetery. Friends may call the church Thursday, January 31, 2008 from 4-8 PM. The family requests donations to be made to Vandalia Butler Foundation, Maria Lauterbach Athletic Scholarship Fund, PO Box 722, Vandalia, OH 45377. Envelopes will be available at the church. Arrangements by The Westbrock Funeral Home, Dayton (253-6161).

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks so much Phantom for the continued updates. I really don't care about hearing azforms agenda until both her family and fellow Marines have had a chance to lay her soul to rest.
:usmc:

Phantom Blooper
01-28-08, 05:53 PM
International all-points bulletin issued for Laurean <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
January 28, 2008 - 4:15PM <br />
<br />
The Interpol-United States National Central Bureau has released an all-points bulletin in the hunt for a...

Matty167
01-28-08, 09:38 PM
January 28th, 2008 4:10 PM Eastern
Breaking News!! (http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2008/01/28/breaking-news-15/)

by Greta Van Susteren
Breaking News…yes, FINALLY!!!
Check out the email I just received from OTR Producer Steph Watts in Mexico:
To: Van Susteren, Greta; .
Sent: Mon Jan 28 16:05:40 2008
Subject: Breaking News
A Provisional Arrest Warrant was issued in Mexico by a Mexican court for the arrest of Cesar Laurean. This happened right after our meeting with officials at the embassy.

Sgt Leprechaun
01-28-08, 10:22 PM
It's about damn time the Bush admin told the Mexicans to start doing something.

Too bad we can't push this guy outta plane on the way back and get him "jump qual'd".

Phantom Blooper
01-30-08, 06:54 AM
Laurean manhunt progress in the mind of the beholder <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
LINDELL KAY <br />
January 30, 2008 - 12:52AM <br />
DAILY NEWS STAFF <br />
Has a flurry of international paperwork, a Mexican arrest warrant, a cash...

azform
01-30-08, 07:59 AM
I respect your wishes re your post 01-28-08 03:40 PM.

About 20 of us have pooled enough the cash to attend her services.

God rest our stellar LCpl Maria Lauterbach and her Baby.

Joan

Phantom Blooper
01-30-08, 08:03 PM
Accessory after fact may not apply in Laurean case <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
BY HEATHER GALE <br />
January 30, 2008 - 8:34PM <br />
DAILY NEWS STAFF <br />
Christina Laurean had been told by her husband that he had buried a body in...

Phantom Blooper
02-02-08, 12:48 AM
Family raising questions <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
STAFF REPORTS <br />
February 2, 2008 - 12:13AM <br />
<br />
&lt;!-- Video goes here --&gt;Staff and wire reportsThe family of a slain pregnant Marine said Friday it continues to...

Phantom Blooper
02-02-08, 08:23 AM
Slain Pregnant Marine to Be Buried <br />
<br />
2008-02-02 06:01:44 <br />
By JAMES HANNAH Associated Press Writer <br />
<br />
<br />
&lt;!--startclickprintinclude--&gt;VANDALIA, Ohio (AP) — Even as it prepared to say its final...

Phantom Blooper
02-02-08, 02:06 PM
Hundreds of mourners gather for Lauterbach's funeral <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
BY JAMES HANNAH <br />
February 2, 2008 - 1:11PM <br />
ASSOCIATED PRESS WRITER <br />
&lt;!-- Video goes here --&gt;VANDALIA, Ohio — Family and friends wept...

Phantom Blooper
02-02-08, 02:12 PM
Sheriff attends Lauterbach funeral

BY LINDELL KAY ("")
February 2, 2008 - 1:03PM
DAILY NEWS STAFF
<!-- Video goes here -->Sheriff Ed Brown is well known for attending funerals in Onslow County. But he traveled farther than he ever has to be at the funeral he attended today.

Services for Marine Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach were at 10 a.m. at St. Christopher Catholic Church in Vandalia, Ohio. The burial of Lauterbach and her unborn child followed at Calvary Cemetery.

Lauterbach was reported missing to the Sheriff’s Department on Dec. 19, and Jan. 11, investigators found her body buried in the Half Moon community backyard of the man authorities say killed her.

Brown said he was apprehensive about speaking to the news media about going to the funeral because he did not want to distract attention from the Lauterbach family in their time of grief. He spoke to The Daily News about his trip after a reporter learned of his intentions through an independent source.

“My reason for going was to pay my respects to Maria and little Gabriel,” Brown said Saturday.

Lauterbach’s obituary states the child she was carrying was a boy to be named Gabriel Joseph; however, official sources have yet to confirm gender.

“The funeral was very respectful of Maria and her child and Christ centered,” Brown said. “I hope I represented the feelings of the Sheriff’s Department and the people of Onslow County in attending.”

Brown said that when he was deciding whether to go, his wife told him he should.
“I value my wife’s opinion a great deal and she told me to go,” Brown said. “We had plans but she said it was the right thing to do.”

Capt. Donnie Worrell said he spoke to Victor Lauterbach, Maria’s father, Friday and said the family was pleased to hear the sheriff would be attending the funeral.

Brown and Worrell were scheduled to fly out of Albert J. Ellis Airport on Friday afternoon, but their flight was delayed, so they began the 666-mile trip by car Friday night.

While family and friends mourn Maria Lauterbach in Ohio, her accused killer, Cesar Laurean is still on the run, most likely in Mexico, according to federal authorities.

Laurean, a fellow Camp Lejeune Marine Lauterbach had previously accused of rape, has been indicted for first-degree murder in Lauterbach's death.

He is believed to have fled Onslow County on Jan. 11 for his native Mexico. The FBI has offered a $25,000 reward for information leading to his arrest.

A representative with the U.S. Embassy in Mexico announced Monday that a Mexican judge had issued a provisional arrest warrant for Laurean based on extradition paperwork filed by the Onslow County District Attorney’s Office.

The FBI, Interpol, U.S. marshals, the N.C. State Bureau of Investigation, Naval Criminal Investigative Service, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and the Bureau of Diplomatic Security have all joined in the manhunt for Laurean.

Lauterbach’s obituary, which lists Dec. 15 as the date of her death, notes that Lauterbach, a 2006 graduate of Vandalia Butler High School and the Montgomery County Career Center, “was a gifted athlete excelling in soccer, softball and basketball and also very active with the St. Christopher youth group.”

The Lauterbach family is requesting donations be made to Vandalia Butler Foundation, Maria Lauterbach Athletic Scholarship Fund, P.O. Box 722, Vandalia, OH 45377.

Contact police reporter Lindell Kay at lkay@freedomenc.com or 910-554-8534.

azform
02-02-08, 03:44 PM
http://www.in-forum.com/ap/index.cfm?page=view&id=D8UIDD800

AZform

azform
02-02-08, 04:22 PM
Some interesting details about Laurean's life are being assembled. First post.
http://selflaugh.wordpress.com/2008/01/11/

Phantom Blooper
02-03-08, 04:43 AM
Lauterbach is laid to rest <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
STAFF AND WIRE REPORTS <br />
February 3, 2008 - 1:09AM <br />
DAILY NEWS STAFF <br />
&lt;!-- Video goes here --&gt;Staff and Wire Reports

Phantom Blooper
02-04-08, 03:17 AM
Laurean case has lessons for others <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
LINDELL KAY <br />
February 4, 2008 - 12:49AM <br />
DAILY NEWS STAFF <br />
&lt;!-- Video goes here --&gt;A grand jury in Texas has indicted Cesar Laurean on first-degree...

Phantom Blooper
02-05-08, 05:39 AM
Lab results, Laurean arrest hold keys to case <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
LINDELL KAY <br />
February 5, 2008 - 12:04AM <br />
DAILY NEWS STAFF <br />
&lt;!-- Video goes here --&gt;Authorities say the investigation of Cesar Laurean hinges on...

Phantom Blooper
02-06-08, 04:17 AM
Bounty on Laurean too small? <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
LINDELL KAY <br />
February 6, 2008 - 12:59AM <br />
DAILY NEWS STAFF <br />
&lt;!-- Video goes here --&gt;Is $25,000 enough?

yellowwing
02-06-08, 11:00 AM
Maybe there are some Marine Veteran bounty hunters that would get their paperwork in order to go seize Laurean.

Phantom Blooper
02-07-08, 03:50 AM
Sheriff asserts belief in divining evidence

LINDELL KAY ("")
February 7, 2008 - 1:04AM
DAILY NEWS STAFF
<!-- Video goes here -->While grateful for all the technological advancements in law enforcement, Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown said that sometimes a good, old-fashioned solution works best.

When investigators arrived at 103 Meadow Trail in the Half Moon community on Jan. 11 looking for the body of a slain pregnant Marine who had been missing for three weeks, all they had to go on were notes left behind by her accused killer. The notes said the body was buried in the woods behind the house.

Brown said he had no reason to believe the details of the notes since they contained several inaccuracies. So he borrowed a wire coat hanger from one of Laurean's neighbors and fashioned it into a divining rod.

He walked the backyard with the wire hanger and located a "suspicious cavity" right next to a fire pit in the center of the backyard. Authorities would discover human remains buried there.

The notes, said to have been left by Cesar Laurean, a Camp Lejeune Marine corporal still on the run from authorities, said Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach had come to his house and killed herself by cutting her throat.

Investigators probed the cavity enough to remove a skull fragment from the body they found in the ground.

As night descended, the Sheriff's Department secured the crime scene and waited until the light of day to complete the exhumation.

The state medical examiner would later identify the body as that of Lauterbach. Her autopsy revealed she died of blunt force trauma to the head, another contradiction to Laurean's notes.

Brown said he wanted to use the divining rod before digging up the backyard, because he has used the simple device to find bodies before.

"I was impressed with it when it was shown to me," Brown said, adding that he has used divining rods for so long he cannot remember who first showed him how to use one. He said he has been using divining rods as a law enforcement tool for more than 25 years.

At least two times where tombstones had been removed from old graveyards or private cemeteries had been plowed over, Brown located the graves without having to tear up the area with exploratory digging.

"I was able to go into both graveyards and pick out exactly where the graves were," Brown said.

The composition of dirt that has filled in a hole in the ground is different than the packed dirt around the hole, and gravity pulls the divining rod closer to the human body because of it, Brown said.

"On normal days, people walk around and do not notice the different pulls of gravity on the body," Brown said. "But when we step over a culvert or enclosed ditch, gravity's pull is different. It happens without us noticing."

In 1999, a man used a divining rod to discover 270 unmarked graves outside Lincoln, Neb., according to a report in The Topeka Capital-Journal that was published at the time.

The veracity of divining rods has been hotly debated in scientific and academic circles for many centuries, dating back than the Middle Ages when people who were caught using divining rods were often put to death, according to the book "Magic and Divination in the Middle Ages" published by Ashgate Publishing Co.

Several studies have been conducted over the years, most recently by German scientist Hans-Dieter Betz for the Journal of Scientific Exploration. He observed research by engineering companies trying to find potable water in Sri Lanka, Congo and several other nations. Betz found that divining rods produced success rates higher than 90 percent when compared with scientific methods - like sound-bouncing, where equipment sends sound into the ground and measures how long it takes to come back - for finding underground cavities or pockets of water.

Engineers were able to find a water supply for about 17,000 inhabitants of the town of Al Wasitah in Yemen by using divining rod techniques after previous hydrogeological studies said no water was available, according to Betz's article.

Divining rods may not have the full acceptance of the scientific community, but the instruments cannot be dismissed either, Betz said in his research.

Brown said he does not understand all the reasons behind why divining rods work, but said he has seen them work enough times to trust their results.

Contact police reporter Lindell Kay at lkay@freedomenc.com or 910-554-8534. To comment on this story or to read others' comments go to jdnews.com.

Phantom Blooper
02-09-08, 06:39 AM
Death threats are sent

LINDELL KAY ("")
February 9, 2008 - 12:50AM
DAILY NEWS STAFF
<!-- Video goes here -->The creator of an Internet memorial site for a pregnant Marine who authorities say was killed by a colleague in mid-December received online death threats from at least two Marines this week.

"Shut up or get cut up," a post made in the name of Ron Parikh appeared on the MySpace memorial for Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach on Feb. 5.

Marine Corps officials confirmed that Lance Cpl. Parikh, a personnel clerk currently assigned to a training command in California, was under investigation for several MySpace.com postings.

"Parikh is being investigated by the Criminal Investigation Division for information posted on the Internet about Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach," said Capt. Neal Fisher, public affairs director for Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center at Twenty-nine Palms, Calif.

Another Marine, Lance Cpl. Jonathan Cole, is also under investigation for comments he made on the internet, Marine officials said.

Cole is assigned to a unit in the 2nd Marine Division which is based at Camp Lejeune, said Lt. Col. Curtis Hill, public affairs officer for II Marine Expeditionary Force.

"(Cole's) command is aware of the MySpace issue and is taking appropriate action," Hill said.

Communicating "certain language expressing a present determination or intent to wrongfully injure" someone is a violation of military law, according to the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

If such communications were "of a nature to bring discredit upon the armed forces" then Parikh, Cole and any other Marines involved could potentially face even more trouble, according to Article 134 of the UCMJ.

"If Marines were caught doing something inappropriate in uniform or their photograph was associated with something inappropriate online, that is a violation of the UMCJ," said Sgt. Paul Robbins, a public relations officer at Camp Pendleton, Calif.

A photograph of Parikh in dress blues serves as an icon picture on his MySpace account.

Jacksonville resident Miley Collier said she started the memorial page about a week ago as a way to remember Lauterbach and allow other people the opportunity to tell people what Lauterbach meant to them.

"I have received thousands of messages from people saying how Maria's story has touched their lives," Collier said. "I never expected to be threatened for setting up a memorial site."

Collier said she was petrified and worried given her geographic closeness to some of the Marines being investigated for their comments.

"You should be slapped in the face for talking about things that should be left alone. I'm not gonna sit here and watch you talk s--t," a post made from Parikh's MySpace account said. "I will do you like Laurean did if you don't take this page off."

Authorities say Lauterbach was killed by Cpl. Cesar Laurean Dec. 14. She was in the third trimester of a pregnancy at the time of her death and had accused Laurean of rape.

Laurean has been on the run since he fled Onslow County in mid-January. Authorities say Laurean left notes behind with his wife saying Lauterbach killed herself by slicing her own throat and he just buried her body behind the Half Moon home shared by the couple.

Posts attributed to Parikh's MySpace account claim Parikh knows Laurean and supports Laurean's purported version of events including that Lauterbach killed herself.

Lauterbach's autopsy revealed that she died of a blow to the head and cuts made to her neck were done post-mortem.

The section of the memorial site with the posts under investigation has been removed from the Web. Collier said she did not take the posts down but was informed by law-enforcement officials that portion of her site might be temporarily taken down during the investigation.

The memorial for Lauterbach can be viewed at MySpace.com/Maria_Lauterbach_Memorial.

Contact police reporter Lindell Kay at lkay@freedomenc.com or 910-554-8534. To comment on this story or to read others' comments go to jdnews.com.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-09-08, 08:08 AM
OK, these two IDIOTS should be sent immediately to close confinement in the nearest brig until further notice. They can spend their days contemplating what TARDS they are while they bust big rocks into little ones.

This little toliet weasel (note how much of a badazz admin turd he is....I detect a trend developing here....) Parikh needs a beatin.

Big Jim
02-09-08, 07:22 PM
These two should be thoroughly investigated...I think they might have information concerning the case!! Yeah...how frikkin tough can an admin. pogue think he is?! Shooting his mouth off like that..WTF?!! These kids just need to shut their pieholes or they'll get more than just a Page 11 entry!!

jahhead88
02-10-08, 09:16 PM
Let me see if I get this. Laurean kills a pregnant female Marine. Goes on the run, and these two admin jocks are portraying Laurean as the victim.

I think brig time for criminal stupidity should be forthcoming for these two.

davblay
02-11-08, 04:14 PM
With all due respect, lumping the admin personnel in with one of the myspace posters and CL is as bad as those who are lumping CL in with the entire Corps for his alleged behavior.

Wife of a badass admin Marine

She is right.......one is listed as a clerk the other is listed as "with the 2ndMARDIV", he could be anything...even a Grunt! :marine:Who knows?

I agree with you guys otherwise though, they need to be punished severely!

Semper Fi,

Dave

Phantom Blooper
02-12-08, 05:26 AM
Authorities meet again with spouse of fugitive

LINDELL KAY ("")
February 12, 2008 - 12:57AM
DAILY NEWS STAFF
<!-- Video goes here -->Law enforcement officials say they received credible tips over the weekend as to the whereabouts of international fugitive Cesar Laurean.

That was one of only two pieces of new information released by the Onslow County Sheriff's Department during a press briefing Monday morning.

Capt. Rick Sutherland updated local media on the search for Laurean, noting that they had received the tips but declining to elaborate further.

"We're continuing to follow all leads that we receive, inside and outside the United States," Sutherland said.

Laurean, a Marine corporal stationed at Camp Lejeune, has been on the run since he fled Onslow County in mid-January. He left behind notes with his wife stating that the body of Marine Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach, who was pregnant at the time, was buried behind the house the Laureans shared in the Half Moon community.

Sutherland also said Monday that homicide detectives with the Sheriff's Department further questioned Laurean's wife Friday afternoon.

"Investigators spoke to Christina Laurean, and she answered the questions we had," he said Monday.

He declined to expand on topics covered in the interview.

Christina Laurean turned over to the Sheriff's Department the notes her husband, who had earlier been accused of raping Lauterbach, had left before fleeing. She met with investigators that same day, the day Lauterbach's body was found charred and buried in the Laureans' backyard.

Since the sexual assault accusations in May, Cesar Laurean had been keeping his wife up to date on the developments in the case against him and, later, on the details of the missing person case, according to the probable cause affidavit attached to a search warrant for phone records.

According to the affidavit, Cesar Laurean reportedly told his wife Lauterbach came to their home, acted irrationally and began an argument. At the height of the argument, Lauterbach produced a knife and committed suicide by cutting her own throat, according to Christina Laurean's statement to investigators.

Lauterbach's autopsy results indicate Lauterbach was killed by a blow to the head and cuts were made to her throat post-mortem.

Christina Laurean also told investigators that she knew Lauterbach was dead and buried in her backyard at least the day before she went to law enforcement, according to court files.

Cesar Laurean's truck was later found at a hotel in Morrisville, near the Raleigh Durham International Airport and an unmanned Greyhound bus stop.

The FBI believes Laurean has fled into Mexico, and federal officials are working with authorities south of the border to track him down.

Contact Lindell Kay at lkay@freedomenc.com or 910-353-1171, ext. 8462.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-14-08, 08:31 AM
With all due respect, lumping the admin personnel in with one of the myspace posters and CL is as bad as those who are lumping CL in with the entire Corps for his alleged behavior.

Wife of a badass admin Marine

Normally, I try NOT to lump all idiots into one catagory, but in this case it was warranted. My WIFE is former Admin so I'm particularly sensitive about doing that.

However, Admin is admin. Considering I'm a former Pogue myself (altho I have prior Grunt time) I have no problem callin a spade a spade.

azform
02-14-08, 11:25 PM
A rough time here. Our group at vetwow.com (now 1200 strong) is going through a group depression that has followed on the heels Maria's funeral. Some women are working on the Memorial Monument, I'm working on a media mail packet campaign, and some are unable to do anything. A few of our Veteran brother's have written in to newspapers and made us proud with their support.
The Coast Guard, Reserves, National Guard, and DoD entities need a wake-up call. Taking the pulse of our group...we might be sick and gimping along and holding each other up...but if John McCain can run for President with PTSD, then you better believe we can get things done. It may take awhile...but the terraine is forever changed by Maria's story and the many other women whose names are not heard and whose stories are more disturbing.
If any of you want a packet of our stories by email, I am happy to send you that. Maybe you'd like to move them around to places you think will be useful.

Thanks again for continuing to care about this case, my Brothers & Sisters!
S/F
Joan

Strick
02-15-08, 11:44 AM
A rough time here. Our group at vetwow.com (now 1200 strong) is going through a group depression that has followed on the heels Maria's funeral. Some women are working on the Memorial Monument, I'm working on a media mail packet campaign, and some are unable to do anything. A few of our Veteran brother's have written in to newspapers and made us proud with their support.
The Coast Guard, Reserves, National Guard, and DoD entities need a wake-up call. Taking the pulse of our group...we might be sick and gimping along and holding each other up...but if John McCain can run for President with PTSD, then you better believe we can get things done. It may take awhile...but the terraine is forever changed by Maria's story and the many other women whose names are not heard and whose stories are more disturbing.
If any of you want a packet of our stories by email, I am happy to send you that. Maybe you'd like to move them around to places you think will be useful.

Thanks again for continuing to care about this case, my Brothers & Sisters!
S/F
Joan

I have missed your posts, AZ, and please check your pm's.

Phantom Blooper
02-28-08, 07:40 PM
Lauterbach honored in closed memorial service <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
BY JENNIFER HLAD <br />
2008-02-28 19:48:00 <br />
DAILY NEWS STAFF <br />
&lt;!-- Video goes here --&gt;Friends, family and fellow Marines honored Lance Cpl. Maria...

Eric Hood
03-01-08, 07:43 PM
She has my prayers.
Eric:usmc:

Big Jim
03-04-08, 12:08 PM
I just seen on CNN news that the reward was raised to $30K for any information leading to the arrest of this P.O.S!!! I haven't seen anything new on him in a few weeks, but I have faith he will be caught...dead or alive...either way is fine with me...

SGT7477
03-04-08, 12:13 PM
Hope they catch him soon he has to pay dearly for his crime.

jahhead88
03-04-08, 02:07 PM
I agree with Big Jim. But since Laurean is such a bad a**, and went on the run, he'll probably kill himself, and blame society for the way he turned out.

How on earth did this guy ever make it as far as he did?

Phantom Blooper
03-04-08, 03:15 PM
Governor of NC put up another $5000.00 the other day.:evilgrin:

rheinmark187
03-04-08, 05:41 PM
The media is really latching on to all thes Marines screwing up right now. There's this new case of a Marine throwing (it could be a fake) a puppy off a cliff. They believe his name is Motari and that he is or was stationed in Hawaii. Well you wouldn't believe how many folks who are sick of saying "I support the troops" have latched onto this to vent about the military.

I don't know what the Marine Corps is going to do about this, but it's going to build a reputation as the worst behaved branch of service if things keep popping up. It's definitely giving ammunition to the people who say **** the troops.

rheinmark187
03-04-08, 05:42 PM
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/15481356/detail.html?rss=den&psp=news

Phantom Blooper
03-05-08, 04:16 AM
Reward grows in hunt for Laurean <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
LINDELL KAY <br />
2008-03-04 23:50:00 <br />
DAILY NEWS STAFF <br />
&lt;!-- Video goes here --&gt;North Carolina Gov. Mike Easley has pitched state money into the effort to...

Phantom Blooper
03-12-08, 04:11 AM
Two months later, Laurean still on the run <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
BY LINDELL KAY <br />
March 11, 2008 - 2:00PM <br />
DAILY NEWS STAFF <br />
&lt;!-- Video goes here --&gt;The manhunt for a Camp Lejeune Marine corporal wanted in the...

davblay
03-12-08, 10:20 AM
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/15481356/detail.html?rss=den&psp=news

Call me stupid CPL, but WTF does this have to do with the L/CPLs death?

Phantom Blooper
03-12-08, 05:11 PM
Congressman questions handling of Lauterbach case

BY LINDELL KAY (lkay@freedomenc.com)
March 11, 2008 - 7:00PM
DAILY NEWS STAFF
<!-- Video goes here -->A U.S. congressman is asking the Marine Corps tough questions about events leading up to the death of Camp Lejeune Marine Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach.

Rep. Mike Turner, R-Ohio, on Tuesday sent a five-page letter to Gen. James T. Conway, the commandant of the Marine Corps, asking pointed questions about the Marines' handling of Lauterbach's claim she was raped by a fellow Marine. Lauterbach disappeared Dec. 14, and her body was found Jan. 11, buried in the backyard of the Marine she had accused of rape.
Cpl. Cesar Laurean, who is accused of her killing, has been on the run since that time and is believed by the FBI to be hiding in his native Mexico.
In his letter, Turner refers to the Jan. 15 press conference at Camp Lejeune that included details about a military protective order issued May 24, then renewed June 25 and Sept. 25. Marine officials said the protective order was issued to "preserve the integrity of the investigation" because "the evidence did not contain elements of force or threats" to Lauterbach.
Turner asks in his letter, "Doesn't a rape accusation inherently contain an element of force or threat?"
The Daily News has interviewed several people who knew Lauterbach and Laurean, including Jennifer Renna, with whom Lauterbach was staying off base in the spring of 2007.
Renna and others have said that Lauterbach did not know Laurean was married when they met and began to date in March. Lauterbach learned Laurean was married after the two were dating, but before she made the rape accusation in May, law enforcement officials confirmed.
Turner's letter to the Pentagon includes more than two dozen questions from the Lauterbach family. According to the letter, the family would like copies of Lauterbach's medical records, beginning with the rape report taken May 11.
Lt. Col. T.V. Johnson, spokesman for the Marine Corps commandant, confirmed the commandant's office has received the letter and that it is being reviewed.
"Anytime we get a congressional inquiry, we respond to those as quickly as possible, with as much information as possible," Johnson said.
But, he said, the response "will be from the Marine Corps to the congressman's office. We will not go over it point by point with the media."
Though Johnson could not comment on the letter, he did say the Lauterbach case is "tragic on about 100 different levels."
"As a Marine, it makes you sad, it makes you angry, the fact that this could happen to another Marine, especially such a young Marine. I mean, she was just a kid," Johnson said. "We want to see justice done as much as anybody, but we have to be careful about things that are released. We don't want to hinder the investigation in any way or give anyone an unfair advantage."
In the letter, Turner also asked for facts to justify the way Lt. Col. Curtis Hill characterized the Marines' records during the January press conference.
Hill - the spokesman for II Marine Expeditionary Force, under which Lauterbach and Laurean were assigned - gave some details of the Marines' service during the press conference, saying "(Lauterbach's) record indicates she was a solid Marine" and "(Laurean's) record indicates he was a stellar Marine."
"I don't believe you can be a stellar Marine and have another Marine buried in your backyard," Turner told The Daily News on Tuesday.
An attempt by The Daily News to reach Hill late Tuesday was unsuccessful.
Turner, who serves on the House Armed Services and Government Reform and Oversight committees, said he is concerned about the inaction of the Marine Corps regarding the sexual assault claim, Lauterbach's pregnancy and her unauthorized absence status.
"The entire nation grieved with the Lauterbach family at the tragic death of Maria and her unborn child," Turner said. "For Maria and other women serving, we must determine what should have been done to protect her and her unborn child."
Turner said he met with Lauterbach's family - which resides in his district - just before her funeral and, at the family's request, he asked the Marine Corps to explain what steps were taken to protect Lauterbach after she accused Laurean of rape.
Turner said he spoke with Maj. Gen.-select Michael Regner, the legislative assistant to the commandant.
"He has informed me that the Marine Corps has reviewed their internal procedures, determined that appropriate procedures have been followed and that the ‘matter was concluded,'" Turner said. "I disagree."
Lauterbach's case highlights the need to protect female military personnel who file sexual assault claims and raises serious questions about the procedures the military has in place for responding to such claims, Turner said.
Some of the questions Turner raised in his letter, which is available for viewing via a link from this page, include:
After the accusation of rape by Lauterbach in May 2007 against Laurean, what was done to protect Lauterbach?
Once accused of rape, did Lauterbach and Laurean continue their assignment in the same unit? Would this continued assignment have resulted in regular contact between the two? Would this continued assignment have also resulted in Lauterbach's regular contact with Marines who would have been in regular contact (perhaps even maintained close friendships) with Laurean?
What details of harassment or physical abuse had been detailed by Lauterbach during her time of service?
In view of the confirmation of Lauterbach's pregnancy on June 27, why was no DNA sample taken from Laurean?
Is there any system to notify civilian authorities when a person who is the subject of a Military Protective Order moves off base?
When Lauterbach did not report for duty on Dec. 17 why, in view of the pending rape claim against a fellow Marine, was no attempt made to search for her or question Laurean?
Was there any mechanism in place to trigger a special reporting requirement up the chain of command when the victim of a claimed sexual assault goes UA?
Interactive content editor Jennifer Hlad and staff member Mike McHugh contributed to this report. Contact police reporter Lindell Kay at lkay@freedomenc.com or 910-554-8534

jahhead88
03-12-08, 11:09 PM
They need to catch that miserable half assed excuse. Hey Cpl Laurean, run away little coward. After all you did really heroic act. You hit a pregnant woman over the head with a crowbar, lied about it, and then ran to Mexico.

Phantom Blooper
03-15-08, 02:55 PM
Autopsy: Baby clothes found in pit with Lauterbach's body

BY LINDELL KAY (lkay@freedomenc.com)
March 14, 2008 - 3:29PM
DAILY NEWS STAFF
<!-- Video goes here -->Baby clothing was found with the charred remains of Marine Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach and her unborn child, according to the autopsy report released Friday. The baby clothing was found in a melted plastic bag and labeled "size 0-3 months."
Lauterbach was reported missing in mid-December, and authorities believe she was killed at that time. Her extensively burned and decomposed body and that of her unborn child were found buried in a fire pit in the Half Moon community back yard of Cesar Laurean, the Camp Lejeune Marine corporal accused of killing her.
Laurean has been on the run since Jan. 11, and federal authorities believe he is hiding in Mexico. The reward for his capture has gradually risen to $46,000 after federal, state and public contributions are totaled.
According to the autopsy report, completed and released by the N.C. Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, Lauterbach's unborn baby was extensively charred but still bore a small amount of umbilical cord.
"The fetus may have been expelled from the body as a result of charring of (Lauterbach's) abdomen," the report states.
Lauterbach's body was wrapped in a partially burned comforter, according to the autopsy, which was conducted Jan. 14. Clothing found on Lauterbach's body consisted of a sports bra and a green knit shirt. The report does not list any other clothing as being with her body when it was examined.
The autopsy report also details a "superficial incised wound to the left side of the neck." The wound is four-inches long with a two-inch gape.
The reports states the wound "appears to be real (not an artefact of charring) but may have occurred after death" as first reported in The Daily News on Jan 25. The wound, the report adds, "does not appear to damage critical structures."
In a note left to his wife before he fled, Laurean claimed that Lauterbach slit her own throat and that he just buried her body. Investigators have told The Daily News they believe the cut to her neck was an attempt by Laurean to disguise her actual manner of death, which was declared to be more than one blow to the head.
"Death is most likely due to blunt force injury to the head," the report states.
Sources close to the investigation have told The Daily News they believe Lauterbach was killed with a crowbar in Laurean's garage.
Lauterbach's body was so badly damaged from fire and decomposition that her arms and legs were "charred away," and several internal organs were not available for inspection by the state medical examiner who conducted the autopsy.
"The heart is barely recognizable ... the left lung is absent ... the stomach is not recovered," the report states.

The full autopsy report is available by clicking on the link under "Related Multimedia" in the upper right corner of this story.
Contact police reporter Lindell Kay at lkay@freedomenc.com or 910-554-8534.

Big Jim
03-15-08, 03:01 PM
http://www.jdnews.com/attachments/jx...chautopsy1.pdf (http://www.jdnews.com/attachments/jx...chautopsy1.pdf)

Here's the link to the autopsy report...THIS IS WHAT HE DID TO THEM!!! This is why I hope and pray this piece of sh!t is found before he takes his own life!! God, I've never felt so much anger and killing rage for someone I have never met but he deserves a fate worse than death. He deserves the exact same death those two angels suffered...I'd volunteer and love to be the executioner on this one!!

jahhead88
03-22-08, 05:52 PM
'm at a loss for words. This whole thing makes me sick. Before I enlisted in the Marines in the late 1980's; some scumbag thought his girlfriends 4 year old daughter was possessed, and they had to exorcise the evil spirits out of this girl. So, they put her in an over and she burned to death.

Four of the officers who responded to the scene quit their jobs shortly after this incident. What did the scum sucking piece of trash get? Life in prison. Ironic, he got to live after murdering a child. And now, the only way Mexico will help is if their is no death penalty. He murders a pregnant woman and her unborn child, and he is running around as free as a bird, hiding out in Mexico.

Unbelievable. It seems like the criminals get more rights than their victims.

OLE SARG
03-22-08, 08:21 PM
I attribute some of the lackness in sentencing to some of the whacko judges we have nowadays. We need to cull out some of those *******s!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

jahhead88
03-22-08, 08:31 PM
I agree with you Ole Sarg 100%

hrscowboy
03-23-08, 03:38 AM
naw we need to lynch them judges i got the ropes and the horses lets do it cowboy style..

SGT7477
03-23-08, 09:17 AM
'm at a loss for words. This whole thing makes me sick. Before I enlisted in the Marines in the late 1980's; some scumbag thought his girlfriends 4 year old daughter was possessed, and they had to exorcise the evil spirits out of this girl. So, they put her in an over and she burned to death.

Four of the officers who responded to the scene quit their jobs shortly after this incident. What did the scum sucking piece of trash get? Life in prison. Ironic, he got to live after murdering a child. And now, the only way Mexico will help is if their is no death penalty. He murders a pregnant woman and her unborn child, and he is running around as free as a bird, hiding out in Mexico.

Unbelievable. It seems like the criminals get more rights than their victims.
He really thinks he is getting away with it the Man up above will make sure he pays for it dearly.:evilgrin:

MotivatorOfTheGuard
03-25-08, 10:51 AM
I wouldn't be suprised if right now, some Recon Devil Dogs are being briefed about a sneaky sneaky op they have to do in Mexico. He'll be free as a bird enjoying the beach, right before some motivator jumps out of the ocean, grabs him, and retreats back into the water. 0321 Expedite style.

YM SGT ENGLAND
03-25-08, 01:25 PM
yea crazy **** lcpl. seen better though

jahhead88
03-28-08, 12:26 PM
I hope they snag his a**.

thewookie
04-10-08, 08:31 PM
They got him.

yellowwing
04-10-08, 08:54 PM
Now he needs a fair trial, followed by a fair hanging! :mad:

Matty167
04-10-08, 09:16 PM
Now he needs a fair trial, followed by a fair hanging! :mad:

Do they still use the firing squad? When does the POS arrive back in J'ville? Anyone planning a 'Welcome Home' party? :evilgrin: :usmc:

Big Jim
04-10-08, 10:04 PM
They got him.

THEY GOT HIM...?!?! REALLY...?!?! GREAT!!! I GET FIRST CRACK....

littledude12327
04-14-08, 08:07 AM
They need to let the girls parents and family tie that sum ***** to a tree and take turns beating him with crowbars!!!

Phantom Blooper
04-21-08, 08:37 PM
Laurean subpoenas unsealed

Documents seek information about communications between suspect and his wife

April 21, 2008 - 9:25PM
LINDELL KAY (lkay@freedomenc.com)
DAILY NEWS STAFF
<!-- Video goes here -->Seven subpoenas that shed some light on the way Cesar Laurean may have communicated with his wife prior to his April 10 capture in Mexico were unsealed by a judge Monday.
Laurean was indicted in January for first-degree murder in the death of pregnant Marine Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach. Lauterbach had previously accused Laurean of rape.
Laurean fled Onslow County on Jan. 11, leaving notes with his wife, Christina Laurean, that he had buried Lauterbach's body behind their home.
Local and federal authorities served search warrants on the Jacksonville home of Christina Laurean's sister three weeks ago looking for evidence that Christina Laurean had been in communication with her husband.
Information sought in the subpoenas includes:

The phone records from Embarq for the Subway Restaurant at 109½ Western Boulevard on March 31 from 7 to 7:45 p.m. Christina Laurean's brother-in-law works there, Subway employees confirmed Monday.
The subscriber information from Verizon Wireless for a phone from the Denver metropolitan area.
Subscriber information and IP logs from Roadrunner of two e-mail accounts from Yahoo and two IP addresses.
Information from Marine Federal Credit Union on "all bank accounts of Cesar Laurean" including "receipts, checks, POS transactions, and account changes and accesses" from Jan. 14 to Feb. 15.Laurean was arrested April 10 in Tacambaro, Mexico, nearly three months after fleeing Onslow County. Authorities said they had zeroed in on his location by seizing computers at the Jacksonville home of Christina Laurean's sister. Those warrants remain sealed by Onslow County Superior Court Judge Charles Henry.
Christina Laurean did not break the law by not notifying authorities that she was communicating with her husband while he was a fugitive, said Dewey Hudson, the district attorney for the 4th Prosecutorial District, which includes Onslow County.
Laurean, of Las Vegas, was born in Guadalajara, Mexico, but family members there have said he moved to the U.S. more than 10 years ago. He had told members of his unit that he would flee to Mexico if it appeared he would be found guilty of rape. Authorities believe he entered Mexico on a bus on Jan. 14.
The seven subpoenas are available by clicking on "related multimedia" at the right of this report.

Daily News staff member Mike McHugh contributed to this report. Contact crime reporter Lindell Kay at lkay@freedomenc.com or 910-554-8534. Read Lindell's blog at http://onslowcrime.encblogs.com (http://onslowcrime.encblogs.com/).

Phantom Blooper
05-28-08, 03:55 PM
Documents reveal more about Laurean investigation

May 28, 2008 - 3:13PM

DAILY NEWS STAFF
<!-- Video goes here -->Documents unsealed Wednesday by an Onslow County judge paint a more complete picture of the investigation into the murder of Marine Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach.
Lauterbach, who had accused fellow Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean of rape, disappeared in mid-December. Her body and the body of her unborn child were found buried in Laurean's backyard on Jan. 11, the same day Laurean fled Onslow County. Laurean was arrested in April in Mexico.
During the course of the investigation, authorities seized a computer form the Ivey Court home of Laurean's sister-in-law, Amber Emrick. That same day, Laurean's wife, Christina Laurean, told an FBI agent she had been using the computer to communicate with her fugitive husband, according to an application for a court order filed April 18.
Christina Laurean told the agent she and her sister were using Yahoo accounts to contact Cesar Laurean, the application reads. She also said her husband was staying on a ranch in Guadalajara, Mexico, and had "traveled to the beach and other locations within Mexico," and that he was planning to go to Las Vegas to visit his parents, the application reads.
On April 3, a confidential witness spoke to Cesar Laurean via computer, and Laurean asked for a calling card so he could call the witness, the application reads. Law enforcement provided a calling card for the witness, and Laurean told the witness he would "continue to use the card until it was used up," according to the application.
"Based on the above, I have probable cause to believe that the information from the calling card will assist law enforcement in locating and apprehending Cesar Laurean," Capt. Rick Sutherland of the Onslow County Sheriff's Department wrote in the application, which also requested information associated with the phone card from AT&T.
Law enforcement authorities also used other computer records in an attempt to locate Cesar Laurean. During a review of an Adult Friend Finder account found on a computer seized from Laurean's home, authorities found that the account user had searched for couples looking for males, or for women and couples looking for males and couples, in North Carolina; Ohio; Utah; Las Vegas; Jalisco, Mexico; Colima, Mexico; Puebla, Mexico; Nayarit, Mexico; Venezuela; Kanagawa, Japan; and Okinawa, Japan, according to the application.
The sheriff's department also learned that someone accessed the Laureans' joint bank account from a computer using an Internet service provider based in Mexico City.
The documents also reveal that law enforcement found research on Laurean's home computer about Mexico, purchasing land in Mexico and finding a job in Mexico

chicoluv USMC
05-29-08, 10:26 AM
Thanks brother ,they all need to pay for being a part of it .

Phantom Blooper
10-11-08, 07:01 PM
Laurean fighting extradition <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
October 10, 2008 - 7:21PM <br />
LINDELL KAY <br />
DAILY NEWS STAFF <br />
&lt;!-- Video goes here --&gt;Cesar Laurean is fighting extradition to the United States, his lawyer said....

chicoluv USMC
10-12-08, 12:36 PM
Why don't we just someone in mexico to do our dirty work .She was violated not once but twice .he doesn't deserve any type a justice ,but justice for Our Sister and a true Marine Maria Lauterbach for his sins .:iwo:

jahhead88
10-12-08, 07:58 PM
Why am I not surprised? I agree with the previous post. Maria Lauterbach has been violated twice.

Phantom Blooper
12-06-08, 05:40 AM
Cesar Laurean's home up for bid

December 5, 2008 - 7:39 PM
LINDELL KAY (lkay@freedomenc.com)

<!-- Video goes here -->Cesar Laurean's home in the Half Moon community will be up for sale on Jan. 5.
The white, one-story house at 103 Meadow Trail will be sold "to the highest bidder for cash," according to a legal notice from the law firm handling the foreclosure.
The house comes, of course, with a macabre history.
A frantic five-day search by authorities, intensified by the presence of national media, for missing pregnant Camp Lejeune Marine Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach ended in the backyard of 103 Meadow Trail when investigators found her and her unborn child's charred remains buried beneath a fire pit on Jan. 10.
Lauterbach had accused Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean in May 2007 of raping her earlier in the year. She vanished Dec. 14, 2007. In the early morning hours of Jan. 10, Laurean left the area after giving a note to his wife, Marine Lance Cpl. Christina Laurean. The note stated that Lauterbach had killed herself and he buried her body.
However, Lauterbach was bludgeoned to death, medical examiners determined.
Laurean eluded local and federal authorities until his arrest in his native Mexico three months later. He is fighting extradition back to the U.S.
The home is owned by both Laureans who defaulted on the original loan for the home; and Brock & Scott, PLLC, is handling the foreclosure, according to a legal clerk at the Wilmington attorney's office.
The legal notice planned for publication in The Daily News in late December and early January states the home will be sold "as is where is."
Lenders are not required to give full disclosure on houses sold through auction. However, the occurrence of a homicide is a material fact that would have to be disclosed by a real estate agent to potential buyers, said Van Dupuis, the president of the Jacksonville Board of Realtors.
"Something like this doesn't happen very often, but realtors must be honest about it," he said.
Laurean's state appointed capital defender said he spoke to his client after the return to the U.S. of his wife. The Marine Corps granted Christina Laurean leave in November to visit with her husband in Mexico.
"He said he had a nice visit with his wife," Jacksonville attorney Dick McNeil said, adding that Laurean seems as frustrate as everyone else about where the legal process stands.
"No one can seem to pinpoint what is exactly is happening when," McNeil said.
Dewey Hudson, the district attorney for the 4th Prosecutorial District, which includes Onslow County, said he has not heard anything new on the Laurean case from Mexico.
"We have been really busy with other matters here," said Hudson. "I have 54 homicide cases pending."
Contact crime reporter Lindell Kay at 910-219-8456. Read Lindell's blog at http://onslowcrime.encblogs.com (http://onslowcrime.encblogs.com/).

<!-- googleoff: index -->

chicoluv USMC
12-06-08, 02:25 PM
The cash from the house after all is covered should go to L/Cpl Maria Lauterbach family .And Cesar's Family shouldn't get noting from it what so ever .
May Maria RIP :usmc:

</pre>

Phantom Blooper
12-13-08, 05:32 AM
One year later: A look back at the Maria Lauterbach investigation <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
December 12, 2008 - 6:18 PM <br />
LINDELL KAY <br />
DAILY NEWS STAFF <br />
&lt;!-- Video goes here --&gt;Editor's note: This is the first...

Phantom Blooper
12-13-08, 07:58 PM
Lauterbach's death marked first of many murders in Onslow in past year <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
December 13, 2008 - 7:39 PM <br />
LINDELL KAY <br />
DAILY NEWS STAFF <br />
&lt;!-- Video goes here --&gt;&quot;Here we go again,&quot; a...

Phantom Blooper
12-19-08, 05:30 PM
Man recalls finding Lauterbach's phone on roadside

December 19, 2008 - 12:17 PM
LINDELL KAY and MIKE MCHUGH (lkay@freedomenc.com)
DAILY NEWS STAFF
<!-- Video goes here -->Southwest resident Cecil Jones had no idea a cell phone he found on the side of the highway a year ago would become integral evidence in a homicide investigation and part of a national news story.
Local civilian authorities learned Dec. 19, 2007, of the disappearance of pregnant Marine Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach, who had not been seen for five days.
The next day, Jones turned over the missing Marine's phone to the Onslow County Sheriff's Department. How he came to be in possession of the phone and the trouble he went through to get it into the hands of authorities is nothing short of "miraculous."
"It's like someone wanted me to find the phone and turn it in," Jones said, thinking back on the events that unfolded one year ago.
Jones' involvement in the case that captured headlines worldwide began simply enough - he is a roadside scavenger.
"I find hammers and other stuff," he said. "One time I found a toolbox on Highway 17 in Wilmington."
But Jones is no vulture. When he picks something up, he is meticulous in looking for identifying marks so that the property - if lost - can be returned to its rightful owner.
On the Monday or Tuesday after Lauterbach vanished Dec. 14, 2007, Jones, a conduit-running contractor, was heading home in his work truck from a job site in Swansboro when he thought he glimpsed something on the shoulder of N.C. 24 about 200 feet before the Camp Lejeune overpass. He drove home, but said he could not shake the notion something of value was laying out on the side of the highway.
He drove 15 minutes back to the spot in his personal vehicle, but what he thought he saw was gone. A short distance later, Jones thought he spotted a phone in the westbound median, "about eight trees from the overpass."
He turned around and stopped where he thought he saw a phone. There, visibly scratched up and laying on the asphalt, was a SunCom cell phone.
Jones said the phone was full of moisture.
According to the National Weather Service, an inch and a half of rain fell in the area Dec. 16, 2007 - two days after the last time anyone saw Lauterbach and a day or two before Jones found her phone.
Jones returned home with his roadside prize and disassembled it so it would not short circuit. He said he had a box full of junk phones ruined by water and knew not to put power to the phone until it was completely dry.
On Dec. 20, 2007, Jones reassembled the phone.
"When I turned it on, the phone was full of missed calls," Jones said.
He called the first number on the list and Lauterbach's sister answered the line. She told Jones that Lauterbach had been missing for several days and asked him to take the phone to the Sheriff's Department, according to court affidavits.
Jones jumped in his truck and headed downtown. In a hurry to get there, he failed to notice he was out of gas until he became stranded on the side of the road.
As he was walking to the nearest gas station, Lauterbach's cell phone rang. He answered it and Lauterbach's sister wanted to know why he hadn't reached the Sheriff's Department. She had called ahead and was told Jones had not made it yet.
After walking three miles to a gas station and getting back on the road, Jones' ordeal was not over yet.
When he turned the phone over to John Michael Moore, a civilian investigator at the Sheriff's Department, Jones had to be fingerprinted.
"I didn't mind that much," he said. "They said they had to eliminate my fingerprints from any they found on the phone."
Sheriff's Capt. Rick Sutherland said Jones' role in finding Lauterbach's phone and turning it in was very beneficial to the investigation.
"This type of teamwork between law enforcement and the citizens of Onslow County greatly increases the ability of investigators to solve cases and to provide answers in criminal investigations," Sutherland said.
Investigators take numerous little pieces of a puzzle - like Lauterbach's cell phone - and combine the information to recreate events and determine what may have happened to a victim in a particular case, he said.
"In any criminal case, and especially in missing persons cases, every piece of evidence and information is significant," Sutherland said. "It is extremely helpful to law enforcement when any citizen provides information to law enforcement, even when the person thinks the information is not very important."
Jones said he didn't think about the phone again until Lauterbach's missing person's case hit the news media two weeks later. He would watch the evening news each night with his wife, hoping Lauterbach was OK, but with a creeping fear she was not.
When he got home from work Jan. 11, his wife told him Lauterbach's body had been found buried in the backyard of a fellow Marine.
"I remember thinking ‘I hope they find out who did it and they get him,'" Jones said.
As the national news media descended on Jacksonville, and the fugitive manhunt for accused killer Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean intensified, the Joneses watched events unfold on TV, out of the spotlight.
Other than escorting Naval investigators in January to the spot where he found the phone and being interviewed by Sheriff's Capt. Donnie Worrell; Jones hasn't spoken to anyone else about the case.
He said he did not feel like he had done anything out of the normal to go back and recover Lauterbach's phone from the side of the highway.
"I would like to think that someone would do it for me," Jones said.

Contact crime reporter Lindell Kay at 910-219-8456. Read Lindell's blog at http://onslowcrime.encblogs.com.

Phantom Blooper
01-29-09, 07:15 PM
Investigation postponed in Marine Corps' handling of Lauterbach rape case <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
January 29, 2009 - 2:20 PM <br />
BY AMANDA HICKEY <br />
DAILY NEWS STAFF <br />
&lt;!-- Video goes here --&gt;The Inspector General...

vanmac
04-20-09, 11:20 AM
JACKSONVILLE, N.C. (AP) — JACKSONVILLE, N.C. (AP) A Marine charged with killing a pregnant colleague in North Carolina is due in U.S. court for the first time since fleeing to Mexico. <br />
Cpl. Cesar...

Phantom Blooper
05-15-09, 03:51 PM
Laurean discharged from Marine Corps <br />
May 15, 2009 - 3:44 PM <br />
LINDELL KAY <br />
The Marine Corps has discharged a Camp Lejeune Marine accused of killing a pregnant colleague in December 2007. <br />
<br />
Former...

Wyoming
05-15-09, 05:44 PM
Yeah, but dammit all to hell, he'll still be 'that Marine' in all the media!!

Phantom Blooper
05-16-09, 06:24 AM
Laurean &quot;excluded&quot; as father of Lauterbach's unborn child <br />
May 15, 2009 - 3:44 PM <br />
LINDELL KAY <br />
DNA results from the Department of Defense indicate a former Camp Lejeune Marine charged with killing...

Phantom Blooper
09-30-09, 03:44 PM
Change of venue filed in Laurean case

September 30, 2009 2:38 PM
LINDELL KAY
Cesar Laurean’s attorney has filed a motion with the court to have the trial of the former Marine moved out of Onslow County.

In the motion, Jacksonville lawyer Dick McNeil cites statements made by District Attorney Dewey Hudson, Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown, extensive coverage by The Daily News, and local TV news stations as the reason for the move.

McNeil also points to a recap by The Daily News earlier this year of the events as they unfolded in December 2007 – January 2008.

Laurean has been indicted for first-degree murder in the 2007 bludgeoning death of Marine Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach. She was in her third trimester of pregnancy when she died.

In mid-January 2008, law enforcement discovered Lauterbach’s charred remains and that of her unborn child buried in the backyard of Laurean’s Half Moon community home. He fled Onslow County and was arrested in Mexico in April 2008. He was returned to Onslow County earlier this year.

The trial is expected to begin early next year.

Zulu 36
09-30-09, 03:55 PM
Change of venue filed in Laurean case

No surprise there.

Phantom Blooper
09-30-09, 06:29 PM
Updated at 5:41 p.m. <br />
<br />
Cesar Laurean’s attorney has filed a motion with the court to have the former Marine’s murder trial moved out of Onslow County. <br />
<br />
Jacksonville lawyer Dick McNeil cites...

MotiVateHousTon
10-07-09, 03:08 PM
I Still Cant Believe This Happened To Her. I Was In Mos School With Her And She Was Quiet. Very Much Secluded To Her Self And Maybe One Other Person.

MotiVateHousTon
10-07-09, 03:10 PM
I Still Cant Believe That Happened To Her. I Was Mos School With Her At Camp Johnson In 2006. Never Thought That Quiet Girl Would Get Into Something Like That.

Zulu 36
10-07-09, 03:40 PM
Bad things happen to good people all of the time. A truism I had to accept long ago to keep what little sanity I had left.

I am curious about some background information about Lauterbach that has not been published. I'm thinking she stopped being the really quiet, sweet girl you remember. Probably not enough of a change to deserve what happened to her though.

Call it the nosy policeman in me. Even at trial, not everything comes out. Sometimes what is not revealed is the most interesting. I'd love to read the unedited police case file on this one.

I don't know what kind of publicity this case continues to get in the Onslow County area, and I don't know what North Carolina law has to say about it, but I would call it a toss up on a change of venue.

Phantom Blooper
12-08-09, 06:06 PM
Change of venue for Laurean trial approved <br />
<br />
December 08, 2009 4:52 PM <br />
LINDELL KAY <br />
Updated at 6:46 p.m. <br />
<br />
Cesar Laurean will be tried for murder outside Onslow County, a judge ruled this week. <br />

Phantom Blooper
12-14-09, 04:53 PM
December 14, 2009 5:04 PM
LINDELL KAY
The mother of a slain pregnant Marine filed a wrongful death lawsuit today against the former Marine accused of killing her and his wife, according to court records.

Attorneys for the mother of Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach filed the suit in Onslow County Superior Court naming Cesar and Christina Laurean as defendants.

Lauterbach died Dec. 14, 2007. Authorities say Laurean killed her with a crowbar and buried her charred remains in the backyard of his Half Moon community home.

The lawsuit contends that Christina Laurean discovered Lauterbach’s wallet in her home after Lauterbach’s disappearance and “knew or should have known that the wallet contained Maria’s driver’s license.”

The lawsuit also claims Christina Laurean aided and abetted her husband while he was on the run. He fled Onslow County in mid-January 2008 as investigators zeroed in on him as person of interest in Lauterbach’s disappearance. He was captured in Mexico three months later.

He pleaded not guilty June 8. His trial is set for June 2010, but will not be held in Onslow County due to pretrial publicity, a judge ruled last week.

Laurean will not face the death penalty if convicted because of an extradition treaty with Mexico. He was extradited in April and is being held in the Onslow County Jail without bond. He was separated from the Marine Corps in May.

Authorities continue to say Christina Laurean was a cooperating witness.

The lawsuit seeks in excess of $30,000 plus punitive damages.

Contact Lindell Kay at 910-219-8456. Read his blog at http://onslowcrime.encblogs.com.

Phantom Blooper
12-18-09, 04:51 PM
Options for Laurean's change of venue submitted

December 18, 2009 3:33 PM
Updated at 1:39 p.m.

The recommendations have been made for former Camp Lejeune Marine Cesar Laurean's June 2010 trial location.

Laurean's attorney, Jacksonville lawyer Dick McNeil, entered Craven, Carteret, Pamlico and Sampson counties as possible locations for the trial, according to documents filed at the Onslow County Courthouse.

Chief Assist District Attorney Ernie Lee recommended New Hanover and Sampson counties as possible locations.

Laurean is accused of killing pregnant colleague Maria Lauterbach and burning her body on a burn pit in his back yard.

Phantom Blooper
12-18-09, 07:57 PM
Updated at 6:11 p.m. <br />
<br />
Recommendations for the change of venue in Cesar Laurean’s murder trial have been submitted. <br />
<br />
Laurean’s attorney, Jacksonville lawyer Dick McNeil, filed a motion with the...

mcvet57103
12-20-09, 07:38 AM
They haven't fried this Turd yet??

Zulu 36
12-20-09, 11:53 AM
They haven't fried this Turd yet??

Welcome to the American criminal justice system, bro.

Unfortunately he doesn't face the death penalty anyway. North Carolina had to waive that in order to get him extradited from Mexico.

Phantom Blooper
01-21-10, 07:06 PM
Laurean trial to be held in Wayne County <br />
<br />
<br />
Prosecutors expected to make announcement Monday <br />
January 21, 2010 7:00 PM <br />
LINDELL KAY <br />
<br />
Prosecutors are expected to announce Monday that the June...

Phantom Blooper
01-25-10, 05:20 PM
DA: Laurean trial moved to Wayne County <br />
<br />
January 25, 2010 2:39 PM <br />
<br />
The suspect in a local killing that drew national attention will not be tried here. <br />
<br />
Prosecutors announced that N.C. Superior...

Phantom Blooper
02-04-10, 06:22 AM
Officials deal with logistics of Laurean venue change

February 04, 2010 12:30 AM
LINDELL KAY

While Cesar Laurean’s murder trial is still months away, court officials in Onslow and Wayne counties are already preparing.

Laurean, a former Camp Lejeune Marine, is accused in the bludgeoning death of a pregnant colleague in December 2007. N.C. Superior Court Judge Charles Henry ruled last month that Laurean’s late-June trial would be held in Wayne County due to the amount of pre-trial publicity the case has received in Onslow and surrounding counties.

Onslow County Clerk of Court Bettie Gurganus said she has to send a clerk to Wayne County during the trial, which will leave Onslow County understaffed.

Courtroom clerks perform several behind-the-scenes functions during a trial — from the moment the first juror is picked to the final drop of the gavel. Clerks are responsible for swearing in jurors and witnesses. They also have to type up motions and judgements, and catalogue all evidence exhibits.

Tammy Futreal, the senior clerk selected by Gurganas to make the trip, said the traveling to and from a distant courthouse can be difficult at times.

“When you are in a murder trial and you have paperwork that needs to be completed and other work to do around the courthouse, you don’t have time to think about what you had to hear in the courtroom,” Futreal said. “But on a long drive home, you tend to think about what was said.”

Futreal knows from experience: She was the clerk for a 1999 Onslow County murder trial that was heard in Sampson County. In that case, the jury sentenced Onslow County resident Maurice Davis to life in prison for slashing the throat of a 6-year-old boy who had stepped off the school bus and was walking home in 1996.

“It was a tough case for everyone involved,” said Henry, who presided over the trial.

Prosecutors are also gearing up for the Laurean trial.

Onslow County Chief Assistant District Attorney Ernie Lee said his office needs computer space and an interview area in Wayne County.

Wayne County District Attorney Branson Vickory III said he will ensure Onslow County prosecutors have the office space and witness interview rooms they will need during the trial.

“My office will assist them any way we can,” he said.

Vickory said he will also accommodate the needs of the defense.

“I am familiar with Mr. (Dick) McNeil; he has a few murder trials here each year,” Vickory said.

Wayne County Sheriff Carey Winders said he believes his department will be able to handle courthouse security, but he has spoken to Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown and feels confident Brown will supply bailiffs in needed.

“We have talked and agreed the extra media will present some trouble, but nothing we won’t be able to handle,” Winders said.

Contact Lindell Kay at 910-219-8456.

dROD20
02-04-10, 07:34 AM
LCPL is in my prayers!

Phantom Blooper
02-13-10, 05:17 AM
Laurean files response to wrongful death lawsuit <br />
<br />
<br />
February 13, 2010 4:55 AM <br />
LINDELL KAY <br />
<br />
Cesar Laurean filed a motion Friday to postpone a wrongful death lawsuit filed in December against...

ABrevik
03-17-10, 04:07 AM
I worked with LCpl Lauterbach and I'm friends with her sisiter. She would be happy to know that you guys care so much about her sister.

Phantom Blooper
03-30-10, 03:16 PM
Laurean's attorney files for continuance <br />
<br />
March 30, 2010 3:51 PM <br />
LINDELL KAY <br />
<br />
Cesar Laurean’s attorney has filed a motion asking for a 90-day continuance for the trial set to begin at the end...

Phantom Blooper
03-31-10, 03:30 PM
Hudson: Laurean, Lauterbach family deserve 'speedy trial'

March 31, 2010 1:16 PM
LINDELL KAY
Updated at 1:47 p.m.

There will be a hearing in Onslow County Superior Court at 2 p.m. Thursday to hear motions on the possible continuance in the Laurean trial.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

District Attorney Dewey Hudson filed a motion Wednesday in opposition to the continuance filed Tuesday by Cesar Laurean's attorney Richard McNeil, Hudson announced at a Wednesday afternoon press conference.

McNeil said at the press conference that he thought the trial was more about politics because Hudson is running for state Senate.

Hudson said that Laurean and the family of Maria Lauterbach, the Marine Laurean is accused of killing, deserve a "speedy trial."

Further information is not yet available. Stay with jdnews.com for more information on this developing story.