PDA

View Full Version : The Barracks

Stackout
01-09-08, 05:07 PM
Sup everybody, I'm about to get Shipped off Soon to San Diego California for Boot Camp, (got about 32 days left), and I was wondering, when you're out on the field stationed somewhere, can you have a desktop computer in your barracks so you can say, work on a company and keep incontact with your friends/family through email? This desktop is a pretty big computer, got 2 monitors and everything, but I was wondering if I can do this. My MOS is Intel, and I'll be schooling for about 13 months. On base, will I be romming with people? Or will I have my own room? Can I place my computer in there with a new desk/chair? Thank you in advanced.

BR34
01-09-08, 05:14 PM
There's already furniture in the rooms, including huge cabinets that you can put computers in. And you will probably have a room mate.

Phantom Blooper
01-09-08, 05:17 PM
Whats sup!Yeah dude...if you can like fit it in there and SECURE it and the parent command and bunkies don't mind and it isn't illegal or contraband you can have it. But I would caution not to do anything until you graduate boot camp and find out where,when and how long you be. They normally provide a desk in the new hotel barracks for each roommate. :evilgrin:

Stackout
01-09-08, 05:44 PM
Hey thanks that is exzactly what I wanted to hear.

*Do not use Semper Fi, Leatherneck Staff

Wyoming
01-09-08, 05:53 PM
Hey thanks that is exzactly what I wanted to hear. Semper Fi!

WTF!!!

Wyoming
01-09-08, 05:56 PM
Just for the foc-of-it - I did a search on laptops -

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59220&highlight=laptops

Accord
01-09-08, 05:59 PM
Get a laptop.

If you're in a skate unit like 2nd LAR, you can have all your own furniture, hang up posters, deer head on the wall, etc. and not field day for a year, but if you're in any normal unit then it's all a no-go.

Stackout
01-09-08, 05:59 PM
Yeah i did laptops as well, but I have a major desktop machine for a video game design company, 8 gigs of RAM, 1tb of storage, Quad core processor 2.4GHz, 512mb graphics card (refreshes pixel shaders easily for top gaming performance)

I'm a video game designer/programmer (C++, C#, PHP, MySQL, XNA, C, Java, J#, JavaScript), I'm in top physical condition (I'm not fat, I'm very health/athletic) but I did infact search the boards and couldn't find anything. So yeah...

Accord
01-09-08, 06:00 PM
Yeah i did laptops as well, but I have a major desktop machine for a video game design company, 8 gigs of RAM, 1tb of storage, Quad core processor 2.4GHz, 512mb graphics card (refreshes pixel shaders easily for top gaming performance)

I'm a video game designer/programmer (C++, C#, PHP, MySQL, XNA, C, Java, J#, JavaScript), I'm in top physical condition (I'm not fat, I'm very health/athletic) but I did infact search the boards and couldn't find anything. So yeah...

Semper Fi
I hope you have contingency plans for your company, because you're not going to have much time to put into it and the Marine Corps always comes first.

yellowwing
01-09-08, 06:01 PM
Hey thanks that is exzactly what I wanted to hear. Semper Fi!
READ THE POOLEE RULES.

Especially about the use of proper English and refraining from using words like Semper Fi.

Wyoming
01-09-08, 06:02 PM

Semper Fi

Deja vu all over again - WTF!!!

Stackout
01-09-08, 06:10 PM
I'm don't have any plans for my company, but its the college i want to make sure I can do.

Accord
01-09-08, 06:12 PM
I'm don't have any plans for my company, but its the college i want to make sure I can do.
Well I hope you have a contingency plan for that as well, because your time will be few and far between. Intel guys are getting deployed left and right, you'll have very little time for college or anything else.

Stackout
01-09-08, 06:13 PM
Alright thanks, I really appreciate all your time for telling me what you guys know.

yellowwing
01-09-08, 06:18 PM
Read and Heed these Poolee Rules (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29048).

kaboom1371
01-09-08, 06:19 PM
****in REMF's anyway. real marines don't need a ****in laptop. She's to busy to talk to you anyway because Jodie is banging the hell out of her while your on your laptop jackass....

Stackout
01-09-08, 06:22 PM
Understood. Read and Acknowledged.<br>

Stackout
01-09-08, 06:26 PM
****in REMF's anyway. real marines don't need a ****in laptop. She's to busy to talk to you anyway because Jodie is banging the hell out of her while your on your laptop jackass....

Yeah, thanks for that.

BR34
01-09-08, 06:36 PM

Well, you impressed the shat out of me! Hope that helps you scrub floors and dump trash when you hit the FMF.

kaboom1371
01-10-08, 11:46 AM
Yeah, thanks for that.

anytime, wait till you get to bootcamp!

desperado
01-10-08, 04:46 PM
I don't know about your school but at Camp Lejeune Sprint Military Services provides discount cable and internet to barracks rooms.