PDA

View Full Version : Marine Corps League!

Gy7ras
01-09-08, 06:51 AM
Any Marine Corps League Members out there? I'm with the River Valley Detachment #1248, Fort Smith Arkansas. Also Unit Staff for the Young Marines Program.

:marine:

thewookie
01-09-08, 07:12 AM
Hey Gunny, I'm working with a few other Marines trying to start a MCL here in my hometown. I'm wondering if you have any suggestions or any helpful advice/links for us? We are trying to start the actual league and in addition, down the road we're also looking to find a site to house us. Any help is appreciated! Semper Fi and thanks!

maverickmarine
01-09-08, 07:38 AM
Williamson County Detachment on deck!

nptwildcat
01-09-08, 11:45 AM
Northern Kentucky Detachment on board

jrhd97
01-09-08, 01:43 PM
Wookie, the league det. here is a little over a year old. They started with a classified add in the local paper, and word of mouth. They also put up fliers at the local gun shops and ranges. The fire dept. lets the league meet at one of there slow stations.

Eric Hood
01-09-08, 03:40 PM
OOH-RAH!
Jeffery Paterson detacment, since 1993.

thewookie
01-09-08, 03:53 PM
Wookie, the league det. here is a little over a year old. They started with a classified add in the local paper, and word of mouth. They also put up fliers at the local gun shops and ranges. The fire dept. lets the league meet at one of there slow stations.

Good info thanks. We have the bodies, or at least we think we can round up the troops. There are quite a few "older" Marines in this area. The issues we need to resolve (keep in mind that we just started the process) is how to officially organize in order to be recognized and, down the road how to raise the funds to get a permanent place. But like I said, thanks for the info jrhd97. Anyone who has any more/different info related to please feel free to PM or respond here, and thanks!

Wyoming
01-09-08, 04:08 PM
What a breath of fresh air.

Finally a post with relevance, instead of wanting to be a force recon sniper clone, a seal, or arguing about LCpl out of Boot, putting your hands in your pants pockets, going to boot in a week and wanting to know what kind of workout regime I need to prepare myself for, what should/could I take to boot that has been answered a jillion times, by no less than a DI, etc., etc.

Hell, like, you know, like, I bet like, Ole Fistfu his ownself would approve of this post.

All kidding aside (or I think it was kidding), I commend The Wook on his endeavour.

Gy7ras
01-10-08, 12:17 AM
Hey Gunny, I'm working with a few other Marines trying to start a MCL here in my hometown. I'm wondering if you have any suggestions or any helpful advice/links for us? We are trying to start the actual league and in addition, down the road we're also looking to find a site to house us. Any help is appreciated! Semper Fi and thanks!

If you haven't been to the Marine Corps League website yet, here's the link.

http://www.mcleague.com/mdp/

It should give you all the info you need.

Semper FI!

thewookie
01-10-08, 10:26 AM
Thanks Gunny!

Hey Big Al, thanks for the comendation but I'm only doing this so I can have beers with some Jarheads, no kudos needed for that! It's all self serving really! Who else would I rather drink and tell stories with? SF and thanks!

jetdoc
01-10-08, 03:24 PM
I've been an At-Large memeber for a few years now...need to join my local.

semperfiman
01-10-08, 09:51 PM
Air Land Sea Detachment Nutley NJ Commandant

tntmondy
01-10-08, 10:21 PM
Nittany Leatherneck Detachment Bellefonte, Pa

Brereton1345
01-10-08, 10:41 PM
Semper Fi Marines..i Am With The Sgt. Rodney M. Davis Detachment - # 1251, Out Of Tooele, Utah And Any Help You Could Possibly Need, We Will Help. Besides Standing Tall Or Laying Low ( Depending On Your Given Situation) The Marine Corps League Is The 2nd Most Awesome Feeling My Fellow Marines Or I Will Ever Experience-- Ooh-rah... God Loves The Corps!!!

thewookie
01-11-08, 07:19 AM
:evilgrin:WELL NO CHIT WOOKIE A'BOUT TIME YOU DID SOMETHING RIGHT BESIDES TRYING TOO SNAKE THE TITLE OF THE 1@ONLY JODY,FROM ME MARINE(LMAO)!GOOD LUCK ON YOU'R ENDEAVOR,THE MARINE CORPS LEAGUE IS 1 HELL'UVA ORGANAIZATION;MY MARINE BROTHER!S/F:usmc:

FIST you'll always be numba one Jody, I can't even get near that!:nerd: