PDA

View Full Version : Letting it out.

JChebahtah
01-09-08, 02:10 AM
Well apparently I'm being really heartfelt and emotional right now, so I feel like sharing with all of you! <br />
<br />
Over the holidays, Ms. Kim (Marine84) posted in the Marine forum about Operation...

Phantom Blooper
01-09-08, 06:46 AM
That's very nice Great job! And I know the Marines appreciate what you done just as much or more than you appreciate the letter.

And the rest of your posts just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! Awwww Shucks! :evilgrin:

GriT
01-09-08, 01:07 PM
So now that all the mushy stuff is over, who wants to go punch stuff?

:D I lol'd

Great Post and Good job!

LeonardLawrence
01-09-08, 03:05 PM
Jennifer,

You were doing a good thing and it looks like it came back to you! When it is unexpected it is best.

One of the most important jobs we can do, is to let our heroes know that we support them...in your case, until you become one :cool:

Good on ya and thanks for sharing!

Marine84
01-09-08, 07:15 PM
Jennifer.....................thank you so much for sending stuff. And, that feeling you got is what it's alllllllllllllllllllll about - do something good, something good comes back to you. Somebody on the other end got that same feeling knowing that somebody on this side gave a damn enough to do it. Good job girl!

Big Jim
01-10-08, 02:24 PM
Jen...you did something good for people in need of help. That feeling of helping those who you know need it, is what its all about! I'm a member of the Elks where I live and once a months we send care packages to Marines and Soldiers in Iraq. Last year we sent packages totalling over $30k!! When we do get responses like that we just give them to people who have never experienced it before. Its a wonderful feeling! I know I sure as hell appreciated it when I was in Saudi Arabia!!

kaboom1371
01-10-08, 02:47 PM
I know it was always a great feeling getting care packages and support from the folks back home. Even if it was given to one Marine it became a grab box for everyone to enjoy a piece of it. makes the stay in hell more tolerable. Thank you for taking the time to do it. Sometimes people don't get the great letters back like you did (they are busy and don't always have time) but they do appreciate it.