PDA

View Full Version : So it has taken me a little while to find the time...

kbs95125
01-08-08, 03:36 PM
but heres my "Newest Marine home" post.

3rd Recruit Training Battalion
India Company
Platoon 3214
Senior Drill Instructor SSgt. Cervantes
Drill Instructor SSgt. Cambunga (Only for a bit until he was assigned to a Senior Drill Instructor spot in Mike Company.)
Drill Instructor Sgt. Westbrook
Drill Instructor Sgt. Washington
Honor Platoon- Took Intial Drill, Final Drill, Prac
(I had the platoon high score for prac, second in company). *Prac is scored with both your History/Knowledge test + Combat First Aid test scores.*

First company to go through the new "old" training schedule at MCRD San Diego, and we also tested out the new Combat Conditioning PT that is supposed to replace the PFT. Also the first company to be declared Marines officially before graduation and have a Marine Week at MCRDSD in 7 years.

I shot Sharpshooter (Your score is now calculated by both your known distance score AND your Combat Marksmanship score), 245 PFT score. Didn't take a guide or squad leader position, but was a fire team leader during field week and The Crucible.

It's good to be home.

PFC Woody I will call you later today, and Cpl. Blaylock I will PM you later today too!

Poolees- I am gladly willing to help you and give you advice, but only with what will prepare you. I refuse to baby any of you or answer silly questions. Stupid questions about Ipods, cell phones, calling home, ect. will be directed to the nearest Army Recruiter because you obvisouly checked the wrong box.

Phantom Blooper
01-08-08, 03:42 PM
Welcome Back! PM SSGT Nelson to get your status changed!:evilgrin:

rvillac2
01-08-08, 03:57 PM
Ooohrah, Kyle. I actually started a post welcoming you home, but it was lost during the upgrades.

Welcome home and Congratulations, Marine.

Semper Fi!

Covey_Rider
01-08-08, 04:04 PM
Hey Marine welcome back. Hope it was all what you expected lol.

BR34
01-08-08, 05:13 PM
Welcome back Marine.

Unfortunately, you were fed a bum scoop. The CFT isn't going to replace the PFT, it's going to be an addition to it.

kbs95125
01-08-08, 05:31 PM
Well there is always some sort of bum scoop that comes from boot camp haha. I actually liked the CFT alot, I felt a little more competitive with others than I did with a PFT, which in turn made me push even harder.

kbs95125
01-08-08, 05:33 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I'm happy to be home, but looking back on it (well looking back on it since I had my Eagle, Globe, and Anchor placed in my hand...) recruit training was an experience that I wouldn't give up for anything. I can safely say I loved it... most of it haha.

Oh and I've tried PMing SSgt. Nelson but it keeps giving me an error....

JChebahtah
01-09-08, 12:16 AM
Welcome home and congratulations Marine! :]

davblay
01-09-08, 12:35 AM
Welcome home Kyle! Good to see another one of my pups graduated and made the grade to be one of us!

Semper Fi Younger Brother,

Dave

prepgy
01-09-08, 11:01 AM
What does Marine week consist of?

kbs95125
01-09-08, 11:15 AM
Well,

first of all thats kind of a dumb question because if you think about it it would really make sense and you'd know exactly what it consists of (hint: the recruit would have just made the transition from recruit to Marine...)

secondly, there is a schedule of events during recruit training on the MCRDSD website that lists practically everything you do in boot camp.

and finally, why don't you go to recruit training and find out for yourself?

chili77bowl
01-09-08, 11:59 AM
Hey private, don't be a dick..the kid didn't know...hell, My boot camp was back in 2000 but I don't know what a Marine Week is...so how about you tell a Sgt...

GySgtRet
01-09-08, 12:20 PM
Welcome home Marine. Glad to see you liked the resort at San Diego...!!! I like your right to the point attitude but you know I had know idea what Marine week was either. It has been a few years.

Semper Fi

:flag:

kbs95125
01-09-08, 12:23 PM
Aye Aye Sgt.

I was more or less frustrated by the question because it won't help any Poolee prepare for recruit training any better, and I had stated earlier that I want to help Poolees prepare for recruit training, rather then answer questions that they should just wait and find out for themselves. I guess I was one of the few recruits who got frustrated when other recruits "knew" our whole days schedule back in training.

As far as Marine Week goes-
I'll call it "Having the title of Marine, being treated like a Marine rather then a recruit, while still being stuck on MCRDSD until graduation"

Covey_Rider
01-09-08, 12:36 PM
So I'm under the impression that they basically took graduation week and turned it into Marine week...Only difference is that you're a Marine instead of a recruit...am I correct?

prepgy
01-09-08, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the Info on Marine Week... I am shipping out on Monday.

kbs95125
01-09-08, 01:40 PM
As far as I know thats what they did. Some Marines were not and are not to happy about it... Certain Drill Instructors seemed to change absolutely nothing at all, some even said that they didn't feel that any of us had earned jack until we walked across the parade deck... Oh well. I loved mine, they taught me alot that week. We had "Devildog Time" daily and all those questions you wanted to ask all cycle but couldn't because it didn't pertain to training were answered.

bgsuwoody
01-12-08, 07:56 AM
Well congrats and welcome home. Hopefully I'll hear from you soon. Its great here at SOI and you will enjoy yourself immensely (when you aren't playing hurry up and wait) but I'm glad to see everything went well. Congrats brother and Semper Fi.

onux16
01-14-08, 08:29 PM
kbs, bro, welcome to the family, but as the saltier Devil Dogs before me mentioned, don't be such a douche bag. (I realize it's been a week since you wrote that) Just be patient with poolees and don't let frustration ruin your good judgement. Think of it as ORM tied with manners?

Semper Fi.