PDA

View Full Version : I have a question

rain393
01-05-08, 01:12 PM
My husband shipped out December 17 to boot camp in San Diego and so far I have received 4 letters from him. Yet he has received none from me. I understand with the Holidays that everything will be delayed but if this is the case, why am I receiving his letters and he is not receiving all 23 letters I wrote him?

Today is January 5 and his most recent letter is dated January 1 and still he says he hasn't received a letter from me. Do they not distribute the letters when they first arrive? I'm confused. Is there anyone that can shed a little bit of light to this? Thank you.

Recruit Wife

Phantom Blooper
01-05-08, 01:44 PM
They will get to him....with all those letters you sent you may have overwhelmed the USPS out there in sunny California.

If you fill in your profile per the site rules....you may another answer!:evilgrin:

BR34
01-05-08, 01:55 PM
The letters will always be behind.

23 is just an over exageration right?!

LMAO, he's going to have an overflow of motivation from you!

Make sure to send him pics for the snap board.

rain393
01-05-08, 02:02 PM
Do they screen letters or put them on hold before handing them out? Is that what takes long? I just wanted him to receive the pictures and motivational Marine quotes I attached to all his letters :c

GySgtRet
01-05-08, 02:12 PM
Welcome to the Marine Corps family. I hope that we can answer your questions here, atleast will will try to. There are three training regiments at MCRD San Diego and 4 at Parris Island South Carolina. Depending on where your recruit is will depend on receiving the mail. Besides all of the recruits at the depots there is the regular mail. As to my knowledge the mail is not opened or screened, it would serve no security purposes. What is stated in the letters are private and this is honored to the letter unless some recruit gets a wild hair up you know where and tries to have fun with it. Give it a little bit of time and patients he will be overwhelmed with your letters.

Good luck and let us know how things are going. We really do care. After all when he graduates he will be my brother.

davblay
01-05-08, 02:41 PM
Yea, he's only been gone what three weeks? it takes about that long for mail to catch up to him. It usually takes a good week to ten days for you to get his first letter with his address so you you can write to him, so I'd say everything is on schedule! Hang on and he will be happy when he does get your mail, may not have time to read it all when he first gets it, but he'll get it all, and soon now, I'd think!

Welcome to the Family and if he makes it thru, he will be our brother, as my fellow Marines have said! :marine:

rain393
01-07-08, 08:55 PM
Thank you so much for giving me such a warm welcome. :) I have put my worries to rest and just trusted that the letters will arrive and will get to him. Although in the meantime, I do pose another question. I have received one call from him so far and he was to read only from a pre-written statement provided and couldn't say anymore.

Does anyone out there know when I will receive my next call? Maybe a month after the first call? An honest estimate will help. Thank you so much, again.

davblay
01-07-08, 09:02 PM
Unless there is an emergency, he MIGHT earn the opportinity to call for maybe 5 minutes. He can earn that by scoring hightest on the PFT, the rifle range, or other assorted things while he is there. The it's up to the SDI!

But to answer your question, there is no scheduled time for phone calls! That is a luxury that they must earn, and then,,,,,only then, it's up to the SDI!

Marine84
01-07-08, 09:05 PM
Sorry babe - there will be no more phone calls UNLESS he gets recycled (Heaven forbid). Unless that happens, be prepared to not hear his voice again until graduation.

GySgtRet
01-07-08, 09:52 PM
Like Marine84 stated unless there is dire need no more calls. Bare in mind that there is an entire platoon or even a battlion of recruits calling home at the same time on the phone banks. Yes it is a canned transcript to save time and make time for the other recruits to call home. Back in the day all we did was make what was called a MARSGRAM. This consisted of I made it to PI or SD safely and we gave our address in the MARSGRAM. This took a week to 10 days depending on where you were from. That was the only contact untill letter caught up to us.

RElax take up knitting or write letters and put them away to fire them off or keep writing every day. You would be surprised at the moral boost you are providing once the letters catch up to him.