PDA

View Full Version : A Friend with a charges pending

disgruntledevil
01-03-08, 06:23 PM
I have a friend with charges pending that is in the marines and he is a cpl and is wondering if and when he goes to court and they convict him will he be able to stay in the marines with a felony....

sparkie
01-03-08, 06:28 PM
OK, OK. This is the Drifters Place. Since it aint my place, I won't speak of grammar, spelling, caps on Marines, felons, Or posers. BUT WTF.

disgruntledevil
01-03-08, 06:38 PM
I have a friend that's going through a freaking crisis right now I'm sorry If my post did'nt meet your punctual needs!

q
OK, OK. This is the Drifters Place. Since it aint my place, I won't speak of grammar, spelling, caps on Marines, felons, Or posers. BUT WTF.

yellowwing
01-03-08, 06:49 PM
Theft and fraud? He's screwed. I hear tale that if he can afford a civilian lawyer, usually retired JAG types, he can make some progress.

The UCMJ is harsh for anyone crossing the line.

yellowwing
01-03-08, 07:07 PM
He made decisions that he is being held accountable for. That is what grown up do. Make the right decisions and your set for life.

He made bad choices and shortcuts, and got caught in bad things. If you want to be a real friend, talk and understand why he thought it necessary to steal and defraud. He'll still go to jail but you can maybe help him rebuild his character. Otherwise get the hell away from him fast.

As you can see, we here online see guilt by association. You don't think NIS is looking at who he pals around with?

sgt tony
01-03-08, 07:47 PM
And Yes if he is convicted and gets probation he might get to stay but he would be in a **** load of trouble in the Marines oh and yes the Marines can also charge him with miss conduct of a NCO. ...

Zulu 36
01-03-08, 08:38 PM
Oh well. What exactly do you hope to do for him? He needs a lawyer, not a hysterical friend trying to get legal advice out of bunch of NCOs who have little to no sympathy for a stolen credit card...