PDA

View Full Version : new to marine life

marinewife12107
01-02-08, 06:49 PM
hello everyone! i am nicole, i recently married the man of my dreams and what makes it better hes a marine. i love him so much and support him in every move he makes, im the one that got him to reenlist becasue he loves the corps so much. the only thing is that we have not received our orders yet and have no idea where we are goin. im going crazy because we are living at my fathers house.( way to many people) brandon put me on this site so i can met people that can help me with my fear of moving on my own the first time and meeting new people that are corps wifes and family. i have no idea about alot of stuff like what to do what not to do, where i can go where i cant, i told him im gonna look stupid because i dont know anything about the marine corps and their ways. he told me that i would be fine but im still nervous. i dated him through his frist 4 years and we only talked about it a little because i was so gald to have him home i didnt want to bring anything up about it. ( he was stationed in hawaii and had one tour to iraq). so i guess im done ramblin and was hoping that somebody can help me!

THANKS!
Nicole Prince

yellowwing
01-02-08, 07:19 PM
Welcome aboard Nichole! "volunteer firefighter", that is so cool. We got many resources and a huge live knowledge base if you ever have any questions.

Welcome to the Marine Corps! :iwo:

ringoffire
01-02-08, 07:30 PM
Hi Nicole, I'm Tina

First...Welcome to this site and Congratulations on your marriage.
Second...Marine is always capitalized when written.
Third...don't feel stupid about not knowing things, we were all new to this life at one time. My husband has been a Marine for 15 yrs, and I still have questions about things, just ask. As for not getting his orders yet, relax, get your things in order since you know you will be moving. There is a lot of "hurry up and wait", are you enrolled in DEERS? Do you have an ID card?
If you want to private message me you can or email me, it's up to you.

Tina

thewookie
01-02-08, 08:18 PM
Hi Nicole, my name is Jody how are you? Is your husband on deployment?:marine:

Phantom Blooper
01-02-08, 08:32 PM
Dear Jody,

He's in her buddy list and living with her right now! You ought to take some Jody pointers from FIST! ROTFLMAO!:beer:

:evilgrin:

Marine84
01-02-08, 08:41 PM

LMAO - you are NOT right!

marinewife12107
01-02-08, 08:59 PM
thank you so much for that.

GySgtRet
01-02-08, 09:01 PM
And Welcome to the Marine Corps family. Any of the questions that you will ask are first of all not dumb. Second of all you have never done som of this stuff ever. I refer to Tina she is the wife that probably has most of the good and up to date advice on what goes on for moving. If you are going overseas you may need to consider getting the process for a passport started.

Please let us know how things are going.

Good luck. And Happy New Year

marinewife12107
01-02-08, 09:02 PM
NO hes NOT on deployment. and i know its not goin to be a rose garden, BUT I MARRIED A MARINE BECUASE I WAS UP FOR A CHALLENGE!

thewookie
01-02-08, 09:08 PM
u go girl,,I was just playing with you,,tell me about it after 4 years,,good luck!

ringoffire
01-03-08, 09:43 AM
thewookie-aka-Jody--thats just wrong, very funny, but so wrong.

Marinewife12107--no one is questioning your feelings for your Marine, but it is tough sometimes, so it's good your up for a challenge. With that, you also need a good sense of humor, so lighten up and be a little more flexible, because you can laugh or cry....I personally choose to laugh...

marinewife12107
01-03-08, 09:55 AM
thanks to everybody for answering my post.

GySgtRet
01-03-08, 10:12 AM
Seriously, let us know if we can help in anyway. We are a bunch of different people here mostly Marines, and we have the occational wife which without the wife there isn't much that is going to happen in the positive sense. The wife is a huge part of the Marine Corps family.

:flag: :D

Apache
01-03-08, 11:41 AM
Welcome aboard.
As others have stated,you have a HUGE family now.
What you don't know they will help you with.
Ever heard adjust-adapt-overcome ?
You will have many "moves" in your future most likely.
Differant cultures-people-customs. Relax and enjoy.
You already got advice to get your paperwork in order I would consider this a primary objective.
If I can be of assistance,don't hesitate to pm me

Buckeye
01-03-08, 02:29 PM
Hi Nicole, my name is Jody how are you? Is your husband on deployment?:banana: :banana: :banana: You're killing me....LMAO!!!

Crusader20
01-03-08, 04:27 PM

that is so wrong on many different levels. Funny but wrong:)

Marine7Wife
01-03-08, 05:42 PM
Hello my name is Brandy, I am new to the site. I have a question in hopes that someone on here could help me out or give me some kind of advice. My husband just graduated Mct and is on RA right now but he leaves Jan 10th for his Mos school, now when he joined they told him that I would be able to move down there with him (its 12 hours away) since the school is a year long, but they already made reservations for him to go down there on the 10th, without me. Does anyone know when I will be able to go down there and be with him or how long it will be? Ive heard it takes a while to get classes started but I am hoping to get moved down there and settled in.

GySgtRet
01-03-08, 06:14 PM
Please fill out your profile. You will find that you will get responses much quicker that way. Until that time wait it out.

mgkusmc
01-03-08, 08:39 PM

wow....really that is classic

ringoffire
01-04-08, 09:03 AM
Hi Brandy,

Welcome to the Marine Corps. I don't know if I can help you out or not. I didn't go with my husband when he went to his MOS school. His school was only a few months, but then he got orders to Japan. I was supposed to with him, (but I got pregnant on my honeymoon and I was high risk). He ended up just spending a year there and then got orders somewhere else. If I was you, I'd wait the year out while he's in school, then move when he's done. But that's me, what's his MOS?

Tina

mincj
01-19-08, 09:18 PM
Welcome to the fam. I'm a Marine myself and I love being married b/c ...no more field days!! haha j/k.

jetdoc
01-20-08, 08:07 AM
The Wook, too much, lol.

clara hill
09-19-09, 12:34 PM
hi i am clara and i am new to the Marine life and i just got married two weeks ago and i was wondering .... when my husband get's his duty station can i be allowed to get a job on base when he is based .......???

sorry i know this is probley a dump ? but i dont know how to find out unless i ask .....

Supersquishy
09-19-09, 12:40 PM
hi i am clara and i am new to the Marine life and i just got married two weeks ago and i was wondering .... when my husband get's his duty station can i be allowed to get a job on base when he is based .......???

sorry i know this is probley a dump ? but i dont know how to find out unless i ask .....

yea it mite bee a dump anser, hohwever you mite be allowed job to get when bassed he gets......!!!!

Lisa 23
09-19-09, 06:23 PM

This thread hasn't been posted in in over a year and a half.
Any reason why you couldn't start your own thread? And please, how about using "proper spelling and proper sentence structure." Maybe you'll get the answers you need when you use "proper spelling and proper sentence structure." Either use the spell check on your computer or use a dictionary.

JarWife4Life
10-29-09, 02:25 PM
Welcome to the fam. I'm a Marine myself and I love being married b/c ...no more field days!! haha j/k.

Speaking of field days. I remember once when my husband was stationed in 29 Palms he got called up to the barracks. He didnt understand why, but once he got there they told him that he had to help clean rooms. Lets just say he was not happy about that. He, in a tactful way, said that he didnt live in the barracks and doesnt understand why he has to clean other people's messes. He asked if people were going to come clean our house while i took a load off. So they decided that he would just watch over and make sure people were cleaning up...