PDA

View Full Version : President Ronald Reagan "A Time for Choosing"

2PW
01-01-08, 03:11 PM
President Ronald Reagan

"A Time for Choosing"

In a speech supporting the Republican presidential nominee Barry Goldwater, Reagan speaks of big government, high taxation, and the "war on poverty." He addresses foreign policy issues including the risk of appeasement, "peace through strength," and the Vietnam War. The speech establishes Reagan as an important figure in the conservative wing of the Republican party.

Audio:
http://www.millercenter.virginia.edu/images/mp3_icon.jpg (http://webstorage4.mcpa.virginia.edu/rwr/audiovisual/speeches/spe_1964_1027_reagan.mp3)
Hope this works

You can find more speeches from the great Ronald Reagan
http://www.millercenter.virginia.edu/index.php/scripps/digitalarchive/speechDetail/32

Help With Audio (http://javascript<b></b>:launchHelpAudio())

yellowwing
01-01-08, 03:29 PM
Reagan is a Great Man! He and Maggie Thatcher brought down the Bear.

yellowwing
01-01-08, 04:01 PM
Just listened to several of his speeches posted on that website. Reagan was not at all timid about prayer and God in his speeches. The one about D-Day and the Vietnam Memorial Wall were terrific!

sgt tony
01-01-08, 11:06 PM
This Man was true to his word and oh yea he keep his word

SlingerDun
01-04-08, 07:19 PM
I voted for that cowboy actor via absentee ballot somewhere in the Indian Ocean in '80? While he was still delivering his inaugural address all of a sudden the American hostages in Iran were free, everybody on our boat received 2 warm beers and we steamed for the Phillipines and libbo. This was our man, he would biatch slap any wannabe thugs who f*cked with Americans and our interests! That was good enough after suffering the indignancies of the milquetoast Carter era, that punk was dangerous for this country. I think we also got steady raises but when i reentered the civilian world '82 unemployment lines were substantial and it was hard to even obtain a minumum wage job. Times did get better as his tenure progressed. IMNSHO 2 Bush's have yet to make 1 Reagan

--->Dave

jrhd97
01-12-08, 02:20 PM
It's gonna be hard to find someone better than the late great President Reagan. BTW, I think he is one of the last people coming from Hollywood that wasn't a complete idiot.

3077India
01-12-08, 02:27 PM
President Ronald Reagan has been, so far, the GREATEST President in my lifetime. :banana: :iwo:

2PW
01-27-08, 01:15 PM
I didn't realize how much you miss him, until you read and remember
some of the stuff he said and stood for:

"Here's my strategy on the Cold War: We win, they lose." - Ronald Reagan

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the
government and I'm here to help." - Ronald Reagan

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant:It's just that they know so much that isn't so" - Ronald Reagan

"Of the four wars in my lifetime none came about because the U.S. was too strong." - Ronald Reagan

"I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them
through the U.S. Congress."- Ronald Reagan

"The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil
service examination." - Ronald Reagan

"Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at
one end and no sense of responsibility at the other." - Ronald Reagan

"The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is
a government program." - Ronald Reagan

"I've laid down the law, though, to everyone, from now on anything that
happens: no matter what time it is, wake me, even if it's in the middle of
a Cabinet meeting." - Ronald Reagan

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears
a striking resemblance to the first." - Ronald Reagan

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves,
tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." - Ronald Reagan

"Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself
you can always write a book." - Ronald Reagan

"No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage
of free men and women. - Ronald Reagan

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan