greensideout
12-31-07, 11:29 PM
BASTARDS!!!

'MS-13' vandals deface Vietnam memorial
Veterans angered by defacing attributed to violent Hispanic gang

Posted: December 31, 2007
1:00 a.m. Eastern
© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

Vandals claiming a relationship to the violent Hispanic street gang MS-13 defaced a Vietnam War memorial in Connecticut with graffiti, angering local veterans.

"Kill whites MS 13" were among the threatening words spray-painted on the Vietnam War Memorial at Long Wharf, Conn., reported WTNH-TV in New Haven.

"This irks me. This hurts me deep to my heart," Vietnam Army veteran Emery Linton Sr. told the station.

Linton, who served in Vietnam from 1969 to 1972, noted he lost friends there and called the mess on the memorial a slap in the face to veterans who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country.

"People here respect these names. They gave their lives for everything, for the freedoms they have," Linton said.

Police are investigating whether the vandalism is the work of the violent MS-13 gang.

As WND reported, the El Salvador-based MS-13 operates in 44 U.S. states, according to the FBI.

WND reported as early as 1995 the gang reportedly was meeting with representatives of al-Qaida and smuggling operatives into the United States from Mexico.

An attorney prosecuting MS-13 members said the gang follows the "rape, kill and control" philosophy," using guns, knives and machetes. The group traffics in drugs, weapons and humans. Last summer, police in the Boston area conducted a major round-up of MS 13 members.

New Haven police told WTNH they have not documented any MS-13 activity in the city.

Another veteran said she was heartbroken over the vandalism.

"I don't know who would want to do this," Lori Grenfell told the New Haven station. "They have the right to say what they want to say. They can thank these guys for that right."

Linton had a message for the perpetrators.

"If it is a gang related thing, and if you guys really think you're bad, join the service, get in the action and see what it's really like," she said.

Members of the New Haven County Vietnam Veterans Group vowed to clean up the mess.