PDA

View Full Version : Any New Year Resolutions?

Phantom Blooper
12-29-07, 08:36 AM
Anybody still make them? I used to...my list was neatly printed up on January 1, with all good intentions.

Not any longer, though...I just try to take each new day and do the best I can with it.

Oh, sure, I have some very special personal goals/wishes/wants that I hope will happen in 2008, but no "resolutions."

What about you?

Being extremely good looking, charming, physically fit, and with no bad habits or vices what good would a new years resolution do? :banana:

No sense in setting myself up to fail-it's bad for the self-esteem. It's hard to improve on perfection anyway! ROTFLMAO!:beer:

:evilgrin:

crate78
12-29-07, 08:49 AM
I usually make New Year's resolutions and then give them up for Lent.

crate

mike christy
12-29-07, 10:07 AM
Phantom, have we ever met???

"Being extremely good looking, charming, physically fit, and with no bad habits or vices what good would a new years resolution do?"

:thumbup:

Describes me to a "T"

No New Years Resolutions.....

Just Wishing everyone a very safe, healthy and Happy 2008.

SF

Phantom Blooper
12-30-07, 07:03 AM
Mike,we may have! I spent some time in Butler,PA before.:beer:

thedrifter
12-30-07, 07:07 AM
I'm playing it safe....

Not making any that I don't have to break them ;)

Ellie

sparkie
12-30-07, 08:04 AM
There are several I should make and keep,,,,, But I'm all out of courage.

Marine84
12-30-07, 08:26 AM
I'm the same way Ellie - don't make none, that way I won't have to break them.

3077India
12-30-07, 12:24 PM
I usually make New Year's resolutions and then give them up for Lent.

crate:D :D

3077India
12-30-07, 12:26 PM
Abstaining from fast food and sodas. :sick:

jahhead88
12-30-07, 12:51 PM
I've made a resolution not to make any resolutions. Actually on a more serious note. I've made a resolution to get my professional counselors license as well as getting into a PhD program for Clinical Psychology.

3077India
12-30-07, 01:07 PM
...I've made a resolution to get my professional counselors license as well as getting into a PhD program for Clinical Psychology.Really, I'm hoping to begin working towards my Masters in Psychology, then, eventually my PhD; haven't decided on Clinical, Criminal or Counseling Psychology. Where ever I decide to attend school will be a deciding factor.

I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST IN YOUR ENDEAVOR!!!!

jahhead88
01-01-08, 08:42 PM
Thank you for the kind words 3077. If you get a chance check out www.fielding.edu (http://www.fielding.edu). They're the only on line accredited APA program in the country. I think, if my memory serves me right, they offers masters program.
Just thought I'd pass it on.

sparkie
01-01-08, 08:54 PM
Do I get a discount?

Zulu 36
01-01-08, 08:57 PM
I've made a resolution not to make any resolutions. Actually on a more serious note. I've made a resolution to get my professional counselors license as well as getting into a PhD program for Clinical Psychology.
Good luck. A PhD program isn't easy whatever the field.

My NY resolution is to finish my dissertation.

LeonardLawrence
01-01-08, 10:18 PM
Only one? Do we have the bandwidth so can I list them all?

I want to climb moutains, become an astronaut, a lawyer and a tomato farmer. I want to write a book or two and maybe break things and blow them up.

Sooooo many.

The plates have been scraped clean, the wine chalices filled, refilled and drained. Onwards towards ambition!:beer:

Happy New Years and best of luck to anyone with goals, small or lofty!

ringoffire
01-02-08, 07:42 PM
I make resolutions and then I break them...so this New Years I didn't make any.
I hope the New Year blesses everyone in whatever they aspire to do.

Marine84
01-02-08, 07:53 PM
Good luck. A PhD program isn't easy whatever the field.

My NY resolution is to finish my dissertation.

You go boy! That's awesome! My Mom was 55 when she FINALLY got hers - did her good................she makes more money RETIRED than what she did working.

hawks
01-03-08, 12:25 AM
1) Get laid on predeployment leave (check)
2) Have a safe deployment
3) Get re-enrolled in school in August
4) 300 PFT by the end of the year

LeonardLawrence
01-03-08, 12:31 AM
1) Get laid on predeployment leave (check)
2) Have a safe deployment
3) Get re-enrolled in school in August
4) 300 PFT by the end of the year

Darn it Hawks, now I have to add two more (#1 #4) to my already too long list:angel:

jrhd97
01-03-08, 03:38 PM
To avoid telling a lie, I won't make any. That way I won't have to lie or come up with some lame excuse as to why I didn't follow through. ;)