PDA

View Full Version : Jakegpoolee...send some moto his way!

Achped
12-28-07, 01:27 PM
Him, his twin brother Max, and another buddy of ours, Paul shipped to recruit training together, we were all 03's and just had our final get together before we all go our separate ways after the holidays. Paul goes to Iraq in the spring with 2nd LAR, and Max begins his Fast Co training in Cheasapeake Bay. (Of course, I'll be attending...like Camp Johnson doing Admin school or something...but whatever. There will be females at least :thumbup:)

Anyways, after the holidays Jake will be enduring his final cut at Silent Drill School! He was showing us some of what they've learned with a rifle in his backyard last night, WOW! He brought another boot camp buddy of ours that's in SDS with him, and it was amazing, literally every slap of their sides, every crack of the barrel, PERFECT harmony, there was no "pat...pat" or anything, it was CRACK and POP the whole time. The crazy thing is they're not even in the platoon yet, they're just students, but I guess drilling 18 hours a day for months will do that to you. I'm telling you guys, seeing your friends do this stuff, flawlessly, is pretty incredible.

Hopefully they will both make the cut and then they go to Yuma where they actually get to the SDP and will start their tour up the west coast from there. I'll try to get him back on leatherneck, obviously he's been pretty busy at school, and at home with his family and stuff.

Achped
12-28-07, 01:45 PM
Oh, I know we can't wear utilities out on the town, but what about flaks? It was like 0130 and Paul and I walked into a 7-11 to get a slurpee. I was wearing his flak with sapi plates and everything haha, its the new kind that goes over your head and you kinda slide in from the slide. Its so comfortable. Freaker weighs a good 40lbs though. As for the cashier, she had this terrified look on her face the entire time. :D

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/8104/flakiy1.jpg

Zulu 36
12-28-07, 03:32 PM
Oh, I know we can't wear utilities out on the town, but what about flaks? It was like 0130 and Paul and I walked into a 7-11 to get a slurpee. I was wearing his flak with sapi plates and everything haha, its the new kind that goes over your head and you kinda slide in from the slide. Its so comfortable. Freaker weighs a good 40lbs though. As for the cashier, she had this terrified look on her face the entire time. :D

Oh, good.

Have you checked North Carolina law to learn if it is legal for you to wear body armor in public? In some states it is a no-no unless you are in certain occupations - military being one, only if on-duty. Also, in some states, wearing body armor while committing a crime (any crime) is a felony.

Not to mention the joy some MP, NCO, or officer would put into your life if they saw you out and about like that. You can bet they would say that armor is "a part" of the utility/field uniform and therefore you violated the reg.

Achped
12-28-07, 03:41 PM
We were in Florida. Are you joking? I wouldn't last 5 seconds outside wearing anything USMC in Jacksonville lol. I actually had a Gunny stop me on New River and told me to change my shirt before going out in town (I had an SOI t-shirt on)

Marines go to the mall with digital backpacks and get stopped all the time, being called motards and the like. A buddy of mine bet some Marine 100$ to walk to the Jacksonville Mall door in Boots and Utes from the cab, he actually agreed. All he had to do was get out of the cab, walk to the door and walk back. Thats it. The cab driver went to pick him up at his room on Lejeune and wouldn't even let him get into the cab until he'd changed! He's like "No way bro! I'll take you to another base but no where else unless you're in civvies!"

And as long as we're not convicted felons or committing a crime, you can wear body armor. (We obviously told the clerk we were just messing around). We were on our way to a friend's house, we were gonna show him the flak, and we wanted slurpees. I'm sure if anyone higher than a PFC saw us...well....yeah.

I was under the impression as long as it didn't have the EGA on it we could wear it? (Except for like PT sweats obviously)

hawks
12-28-07, 04:48 PM
Wow you are all sorts of moto. I haven't seen a high and tight in 3 months. Those flaks are anything but comfortable, I have no clue what you are talking about. Try wearing them for 16 hours a day and tell me if they're still comfortable. Everyone in my company has to constantly redo them because they are so uncomfortable.

Achped
12-28-07, 05:20 PM
What flaks do you have? I don't know what those are called, but they are incredibly comfortable, just heavy. The flaks at ITB, currently being used by most grunt units, are uncomfortable. These ones are new and have only been issued to certain units.

Marine84
12-28-07, 08:58 PM
Matt - you can be such a doofus sometimes! That poor girl probably had to throw her underwear away!

Christ0ph
12-28-07, 09:49 PM
Wow. Wearing your flak or utilities off base (even on a bet) is the most irresponsible thing you could do, you're giving us boots a bad rap....

btw, how do I change my avatar to PFC?

Zulu 36
12-28-07, 10:04 PM
I was under the impression as long as it didn't have the EGA on it we could wear it? (Except for like PT sweats obviously)

Well, as a former MP and NCO, I have a different impression of the reg. Perhaps it is a distinction without a difference as it all comes down to how your CO views the reg.

Personally I wouldn't try to milk the bull.

Achped
12-28-07, 11:31 PM
Don't get me wrong Sgt, I don't wear my utilities off base, ever, or any uniform items for that matter. (Except in the above picture) I actually saw my buddy who just graduated at the mall, in jeans, tucked in skivvie shirt, web belt, dog tags hanging out, in his ICBs. Now is he out of reg? I'd say yes, but its tough.

LeonardLawrence
12-29-07, 12:05 AM
I find it hard to believe you "get some" in this manner. ;) :p

130am, with a bullet proof vest (to the avg joe) in an all night convenience store. Not in my neighborhood.....without police involvement, sworn affadavits, persons being shot, etc, etc, etc.

Hopefully you let the clerk know you were Army.

hawks
12-29-07, 02:16 AM
What flaks do you have? I don't know what those are called, but they are incredibly comfortable, just heavy. The flaks at ITB, currently being used by most grunt units, are uncomfortable. These ones are new and have only been issued to certain units.
The MTV's are the new ones and they are uncomfortable.

gutinstinct
12-29-07, 06:44 AM
Achped be careful, walking into a 7/11 at 0130 wearing body armor. With all do respect. You should take a step back and rethink what you have done. I no it's all in fun, but you never no what that store clerk was thinking. Did you ever hear of murphys law ? Be safe Marine.

LeonardLawrence
12-29-07, 11:36 PM
Achped be careful, walking into a 7/11 at 0130 wearing body armor. With all do respect. You should take a step back and rethink what you have done. I no it's all in fun, but you never no what that store clerk was thinking. Did you ever hear of murphys law ? Be safe Marine.

Yeah, with the high and tight, a vest and at that time in the morning you can only be a Marine or Crazy.....lets hope the clerk can recognize both.....:D