PDA

View Full Version : rental car problem

hawks
12-25-07, 08:59 PM
so me and a few buddies rented a car for the 96 and somehow a dent got put into it, it isnt that big but none-the-less, its there. i bought the damage waiver insurance on it, for the 20 dollars a day or whatever and we're returning it tomorrow but i want to know how much we should expect to pay for it. my dad took me off his insurance because we go to iraq in like 3 weeks. anyone here have any idea of what im going to have to do? i read somewhere that its covered up to 1000 and i pay for anything above that.

thewookie
12-25-07, 09:08 PM
so me and a few buddies rented a car for the 96 and somehow a dent got put into it

Man if I haven't heard this story before, some Marines, a rental car, a 96 weekend, and a dent that nobody knows nothing about.

Good luck Marine, Semper Fi

hrscowboy
12-25-07, 09:15 PM
OH OH better get ready to dig deep in all your pockets

ZSKI
12-25-07, 09:31 PM
im sure the insurance will cover all if not most of it.

TMM54
12-25-07, 09:38 PM
If you bought the damage waiver, you won't have to pay anything. That is what the waiver is for. If you don't buy it, you have to pay the damages. I worked as a manager for Hertz for a few years, and I always smiled when the cars were returned with "just a little dent". Semper Fi, Tom

hawks
12-25-07, 10:01 PM
so i should be fine if i got the insurance? i wont have to pay a deductible or anything like that?

capmarine
12-26-07, 03:14 PM
i was hit in Coronado last september.luckily the other guys insurance payed everything;the wreck was his fault.my insurance covers me anyway for rentals.when i took the car back to Alamo i had the police case number and all i did was give it to Alamo and walked out.no problem

Apache
12-26-07, 03:26 PM
What are the terms of the insurance paper you signed?
Deductabile-limits-brig time

zx6rdr
12-26-07, 03:37 PM
Your screwed!!!!!!!

Your gonna be paying a ton of $$$$$$$$ out of your pocket, not to mention getting NJP'd for missing your deloyment....

Good luck (Your gonna need it!!!!!)

HAHAHAHA
:nerd: :banana: :p

Marine84
12-26-07, 05:57 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA! "Somehow a dent got in it"....................that's funny!

SlingerDun
12-26-07, 06:10 PM
If a body shop has dealership and referral work, rental outfits are poor accounts for various reasons. When i was a painter minor dents and scratches on rental vehicles were estimated at whatever the...

Sgt Leprechaun
12-26-07, 10:14 PM
Read the contract you signed and the damage insurance contract. It's going to depend on the size of the dent, and where it is, as to how much it'll cost to fix.

BUT, again, if you got the damage rider, there shouldn't be an issue.

*Shouldn't*, anyway.