PDA

View Full Version : Is it me?

thewookie
12-25-07, 08:22 PM
Or does anyone else remember liberating bikes late at night in Okinawa?

LeonardLawrence
12-25-07, 11:35 PM
I have heard stories about Philipines and a motorcycle, but couldn't share as it might tend to incriminate......or operational security....or anything that means I don't have to share....

Marine84
12-26-07, 05:59 PM
I never was in Oki but I was in Iwakuni and I think I liberated a few things but a bike was never one. That had to be just an Oki thing or a wookie thing.

Big Jim
12-26-07, 07:06 PM
Or does anyone else remember liberating bikes late at night in Okinawa?

I had seen a friend do that once in Okinawa and he got officer's hours over it and had to pay for the bike because he wrecked it! As it turned out, the bike belonged to a Lt. Colonel's teenage daughter and she seen him do it! He got 2 months restriction plus $300 loss of pay and the cost of the bike. He didn't even get to keep the bike! So, it just wasn't worth it, no matter how drunk we got!! We just always took the cabs offbase anyway. But, this happened outside the Kitimae Gate on the east side of Camp Foster in early '85! ...ah, memories....

Sgt Leprechaun
12-26-07, 10:18 PM
Ouch.

I was in Iwakuni and recall....ummm...*ahem*, 'liberating' a couple of "Benjo Bombers" when I had too many Taiwan Boogies..

But then again, it could be just a rumor that happened.

yellowwing
12-26-07, 10:32 PM
Ouch.

I was in Iwakuni and recall....ummm...*ahem*, 'liberating' a couple of "Benjo Bombers" when I had too many Taiwan Boogies..

But then again, it could be just a rumor that happened.
uh...it must have been those Army engineers hanging around the area! :nerd:

semperfiman
12-26-07, 10:56 PM
soooo thats how i got back to Camp Courtney

Sgt Leprechaun
12-27-07, 12:45 AM
Exactly!

thewookie
12-27-07, 05:25 AM
I guess I was just having some flashbacks Christmas day when I saw my nieces new bikes left unlocked. Not that it makes it better, but we never took good ones (duh, they were usually locked up) we looked to "borrow" beaters that we could use to get to the the front gate to get some taco rice and cheeese and then get back to the barracks to eat it.

:banana: