PDA

View Full Version : MCMAP belts

Whitey
12-24-07, 06:02 PM
Is it possible to wash the tan MCMAP belt? mine is filthy from The Crucible and I want to clean it up a bit before going on Recruiters Assisstance. any advice would be great.

ZSKI
12-24-07, 10:24 PM
Well you won't be wearing it on RA, but ya i've washed them with a scuz brush and some soap and water.

Achped
12-24-07, 10:57 PM
Why on earth would you wear cammies on RA?

Don't really bother though, it will jsut get dirty again at Camp Geiger, just buy a new one at the PX for when you want to look nice, they're like 5 bucks.

Whitey
12-25-07, 12:00 AM
I just remembered my recruiter wearing his cammie trousers at poolee functions and such.

Accord
12-27-07, 12:18 PM
It's just a belt dude, throw it in the washing machine or just wash it in a sink with soap and water.

Or better yet get rid of it and buy yourself a solid riggers belt. Last time I wore a MCMAP belt were the final days of boot. A riggers belt won't loosen or ride down on humps.

Crusader20
12-27-07, 02:51 PM
if you really want to use it in the field or other wise, throw it in a sock to and then into a washing machine. It will hold up better than just throwing it into the machine by itself.

But seriouly look into getting a better one, when the time presents itself.

BR34
12-27-07, 05:40 PM
5 bucks will get you the velcro MCMAP belts. Better material then the ones issued, and they don't come loose.

sparkie
12-27-07, 05:59 PM
Remember scrubbing those with a tooth brush and comet. Couldn't throw away $5.00 in those days, and besides, comet starts to bleach it out a little, and looks 'cool'. Washer/dryer will shrink it.

Christ0ph
12-28-07, 09:55 PM
yea get a riggers belt, at least for the field. best $30 i ever spent...

ZSKI
12-28-07, 10:06 PM
Nothing is worse then the sally pack pulling your pants down because that dam belt sucks. Makes a miserable situation worse.