PDA

View Full Version : Wishing a Merry Christmas

jrhd97
12-23-07, 03:17 PM
While shopping for Christmas gifts, my wife and I have been in way too many stores. Most will not wish you a Merry Christmas. Some don't even bother with Happy Holidays. I took the kids to IHOP this morning. The first thing out of the waitresses mouth was Merry Christmas. It was a welcome change, it also got her a little bigger tip.
:)

Bruce Jensen
12-23-07, 06:58 PM
Went to Walmart yesterday there standing in his dress blues was a staff sergant he was with the toys for tots.He was accpamied by two lance corppals in their blues and also stanta cluas.It really did my heart good to see how how my home town responed to the marines.Thier pickup was brand new bright red with the Marine emblem painted on both sides.

Osotogary
12-24-07, 05:39 AM
Toys for Tots is having a hard time down here in South Florida. As reported on one of the local television channels the warehouse used to distribute the toys is running, compared to other years, a lot slower than in the past. I really do hope that it picks up. It is a wonderful program.
Adios, for now, and Merry Christmas.
Gary

Phantom Blooper
12-24-07, 05:49 AM
The Toys For Tots program is suffering due to the donations of toys that the reserve staff and volunteers have to methodically go through to insure that they are not on the extensive recall list. More man hours this year and donations are down because of this. Would you like some mustard on that lead base Barbie House ?

The Marines are doing a fine job!:beer:

Merry Christmas!

:evilgrin:

Osotogary
12-24-07, 06:13 AM
Would you like some mustard on that lead base Barbie House ?

No thank you, Phantom, I already have enough in my pencil, or at least I think I do.:)

Seriously, that part about lead in the toys and screening for recalls was never mentioned in the newscast. Thanks for the information.

Phantom Blooper
12-24-07, 06:30 AM
I already have enough in my pencil, or at least I think I do.:)

Due to this being Christmas Eve,Gary I will try to refrain from making this post go South.

They also say the same thing about the other organizations that are distributing toys. The problem is that the list changes daily for recalls. And these organizations are checking the list twice...no pun intended,to make sure that they are not held liable. In the coming years I hope that this setback does not ruin a good thing because hundreds of thousands of children are helped by all these ambassadors of goodwill!:evilgrin:

mike christy
12-24-07, 10:33 AM
Maybe I'm a grinch, but instead of toys, I bought a bunch of kid size, hats, gloves, jackets and a couple stuffed animals, dropped them off at the local recruiters office a couple weeks ago, I figure that the kids could use the clothes more than toys.

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

Phantom Blooper
12-24-07, 12:16 PM
Mike,that sounds like a good idea!

We did the donate coat thing a few years ago. Do the Toys For Tots and we take a kids name off a tree in some store and buy things for that child.

Your idea is better than the old bag that lives down the street on......Halloween she gave all the kids toothbrushes.:D

Especially in Butler! I was there Thanksgiving 2006 and I wish I had some ear warmers.....coming from NC 70 degrees....Across the Allegheny Mountains 7 degrees! I am originally from Pgh. And I'm not dreaming of a White Christmas like the ones I used too know,where the snow was eighteen inches deep and I had to dress up like an Eskimo!:beer:

:evilgrin:

Osotogary
12-24-07, 04:55 PM
Your idea is better than the old bag that lives down the street on......Halloween she gave all the kids toothbrushes

Phantom-
Makes sure that she gets one of those DVD Rewinders.:)

GUNNY MAX
12-24-07, 05:22 PM
The missus and I gave childrens books. We TRIED to find U.S. made toys in Walmart. No such thing:mad: