PDA

View Full Version : Once and Always............

libertyman777
12-22-07, 08:36 AM
Hey Devildogs, <br />
<br />
Got a question. <br />
<br />
I have heard from Boot Camp on that once you've earned the right to wear the uniform that you can always wear it (provided that you can still fit in it and have...

1-1Heavygunner
12-22-07, 08:45 AM
I remember hearing that you need to wear Bravo's, ribbons and badges, not medals. Anybody else heard that? I haven't worn mine since 1998, but 10 years later this coming November, I will don mine again for the Marine Corps ball here in Clarksville, Tennessee. I have been told to wear them as if you are still in, shipshape.

bigdog43701
12-22-07, 08:54 AM
right...if you are Honorably Discharged you are allowed to wear your Marine Uniform (Greens or Blues) for functions such as the Marine Corps Ball and other &quot;official&quot; functions that they are...

Phantom Blooper
12-22-07, 09:10 AM
"11002. DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE DIRECTIVES PERTAINING TO UNIFORMS

1. Implementing 10 U.S.C. 772, the President, by Executive Order 10554 of 18 August 1954, delegated to the Secretary of Defense the authority to prescribe regulations under which persons may wear the uniform. The following excerpts from DoD Directive 1334.1 of 11 August 1969 outline these regulations:

b. Former Members of the Armed Forces. Unless qualified under another provision of this Order or under the provisions of 10 U.S.C. 772, former members who served honorably during a declared or undeclared war and whose most recent service was terminated under
honorable conditions may wear the uniform in the highest grade held during such war service only upon the following occasions and in the course of travel incident thereto:

(1) Military funerals, memorial services, weddings, and inaugurals.
(2) Parades on national or state holidays; or other parades or ceremonies of a patriotic character in which any active or reserve United States military unit are taking part. ‘Wearing of the uniform or any part thereof at any other time or for any purpose is prohibited.’":evilgrin:

mrbsox
12-22-07, 12:54 PM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34322&highlight=uniform
:scared:
There was a previous discussion on this, and it left me thinking I COULD NOT wear Alphas or Blues.

SSgt Blooper... where did you dig this from ??

libertyman777
12-22-07, 01:02 PM
So, can I or can't I? I'm thinking I can.

Paul

Phantom Blooper
12-22-07, 03:55 PM
http://www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil/sites/mcub/PAGES/Uniform%20Regs%20Chapters/Chapter%2011_files/Chapter%2011.asp

SSgt Blooper... where did you dig this from ??

With deciphering these regulations I would think that one can wear the uniform as long as you are still within military guidelines and appearance. We had a post a few weeks ago from someone that new a former Marine that was getting married and he wanted to wear his blues.....the only problem being his fiancé wanted him to keep his goatee! DUH!

A SSGT on board here had his son graduate from PI MCRD a few months back...he was still within standards and guidelines of appearance and weight, and got a regulation haircut and was good to go.

I would say go for it! As a Marine you earned the title to death and beyond!

:evilgrin:

Finger
12-22-07, 03:59 PM
You can wear your Alphas or Blues with Medals to the ball. No problem. Yes, have a good haircut or you will be called out.
S/F
Finger

libertyman777
12-22-07, 07:25 PM
That's good to go. Medals not ribbons. How about my shooting badge?

Sgt Leprechaun
12-24-07, 01:22 PM
You can wear EVERYthing you rated/earned as a Marine. <br />
<br />
In one of the older regs, (which I don't have handy) the only requirement was that you wear the 'Honorable Discharge Button' over the right...

libertyman777
12-25-07, 02:37 PM
Hey thanks for the heads-up. I think a uniform forum would be in order.

Oz.