PDA

View Full Version : I Am Swearing Back In!!!

jarhead-0311
12-21-07, 09:41 AM
I got out of the marine corps in o3' as cpl. MOS 0311......don't really know why i got out just wanted to try civilian life i guess.....I went to the police academy in my hometown and passed the academy and the state exam for police officers...I put in an application with the local sherriff's office and passed all their interviews and obstacle course....but the problem was i have allways really missed being a marine and i knew that being a police officer was not going to fill that space in my heart...so i talked to my wife and I told here that I wanted to go back to the marines and she agreed !!!!....so I went and talk to the local recruiter at the begining of november despite all the stories that I have heard about recruiters not wanting to waste time with prior service they were all great they did my paper work that same day and sent to meps the following week for my physical ....when I got back from meps they did all my paperwork to submitt my package for re-enlistment to the marine corps ...I have read on this forum and others how long the waiting for this can be......I needed some waivers because I am married and have two kids also I needed a waiver because of my tattoos even though I had them while I was in... from what I hear the corps has gotten alot stricter with the tattoo policy....They turned in all my paperwork on the week of the Marine Corps birthday. Yesterday the recruiter called me and told me my package came back approved and that I am going to swear in on the 2nd. of january....I was verry happy to hear this and surprised that in took a little less than 2 months....I will be working at the recruting station until i get my orders....SO back to the 0311 field I go and I could not be happier when i was in i was a good marine but not the best that i could of been...But now that i am older and more mature I will make a better NCO than i was the 1st. time ...The recruiter told me that I get to keep my rank and time in service but my time in grade will start from the day i swear which is still a good deal ..Well i guess i have written enough just wanted to share my story with my fellow marines...

Wyoming
12-21-07, 10:15 AM
I got out of the marine corps in o3' as cpl. MOS 0311......don't really know why i got out just wanted to try civilian life i guess.....I went to the police academy in my hometown and passed the academy and the state exam for police officers...I put in an application with the local sherriff's office and passed all their interviews and obstacle course....but the problem was i have allways really missed being a marine and i knew that being a police officer was not going to fill that space in my heart...so i talked to my wife and I told here that I wanted to go back to the marines and she agreed !!!!....so I went and talk to the local recruiter at the begining of november despite all the stories that I have heard about recruiters not wanting to waste time with prior service they were all great they did my paper work that same day and sent to meps the following week for my physical ....when I got back from meps they did all my paperwork to submitt my package for re-enlistment to the marine corps ...I have read on this forum and others how long the waiting for this can be......I needed some waivers because I am married and have two kids also I needed a waiver because of my tattoos even though I had them while I was in... from what I hear the corps has gotten alot stricter with the tattoo policy....They turned in all my paperwork on the week of the Marine Corps birthday. Yesterday the recruiter called me and told me my package came back approved and that I am going to swear in on the 2nd. of january....I was verry happy to hear this and surprised that in took a little less than 2 months....I will be working at the recruting station until i get my orders....SO back to the 0311 field I go and I could not be happier when i was in i was a good marine but not the best that i could of been...But now that i am older and more mature I will make a better NCO than i was the 1st. time ...The recruiter told me that I get to keep my rank and time in service but my time in grade will start from the day i swear which is still a good deal ..Well i guess i have written enough just wanted to share my story with my fellow marines...

Day Yam - I got dizzy and whatever trying to keep up with your story-line.

One thing - Marine!!

Oh yeah, who are you anyway?

yellowwing
12-21-07, 11:21 AM
Congrats Marine! Fill in some of your profile details and get that rank up there. Its terrrific that you get to keep it!

Semper Fi

cucinae5
01-15-08, 10:16 AM
How is it going? I read your blog and was curious to know what you went through to get back in. I am looking to go back in as well and wanted to know if you have to take any courses or anything to get back to the 0311 field. I have been out since 99.

Where are you being stationed? How did it work with your family? Are they going along?

I have so many questions.

If you could email me back at ecucina@abacuscorporation.com.

I would greatly appreciate it!!

Semper Fi

Sgt. Cucina
95-99

BOTTLEDZ28
01-18-08, 09:30 PM
congrats. If I could convince the wife to let me then I would go back in a heartbeat. :beer:

InfectorOfSouls
02-10-08, 09:56 PM
Take the job as a cop, the marine corps is not the same.