PDA

View Full Version : This will **** off some .

003XXMarineDAD
12-20-07, 07:20 PM
I can not belive this scam could be true. I received this today and it really upsets me that some one would do this kind of scam.

Dear Friend,

Good day and compliments, I know this letter will definitely come to you as a huge surprise, but I implore you to take the time to go through it carefully as the decision you make will go off a long way to determine my future and continued existence. Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Capt. Marc L. McVicker, a US Marine Capt. serving in the 3rd Battalion, 25th Marine Regiment which Patrols the Anbar province, Iraq.

I am desperately in need of assistance and I have summoned up courage to contact you. I am presently in Iraq and I found your contact particulars in an address journal. I am seeking your assistance to evacuate the sum of $12,570,000 (Twelve million Five Hundred and Seventy Thousand US dollars) or any safe country of your choice, as far as I can be assured that it will be safe in your care until I complete my service here. This is no stolen money and there are no dangers involved.

SOURCE OF MONEY:
Some money in various currencies was discovered and concealed in barrels with piles of weapons and ammunition at a location near one of Saddam Hussein'sold Presidential Palaces during a rescue operation and it was agreed by all party present that the money be shared amongst us. This might appear as an illegal thing to do but I tell you what? No compensation can make up for the risks we have taken with our lives in this hell hole. The above figure was given to me as my share and to conceal this kind of money became a problem for me, so with the help of a German contact working with the UN here(his office enjoys some immunity)I was able to get the package out to a safe location entirely out of trouble spot. He does not know the real contents of the package as he believes that it belongs to an American who died in an air raid, and before giving up trusted me to hand over the package to his close relative.

I have now found a secured way of getting the package out of Iraq for you to pick up. I do not know for how long I will remain here as I have been lucky to have survived 2 suicide bomb attacks by Pure Divine intervention. This and other reasons put into consideration have prompted me to reach out for help. If it might be of interest to you then Endeavour to contact me and we would work out the necessary formalities but i pray that you are discreet about this mutually benefiting relationship.

Contact me via my private box: marcl.mcvicker_01@yahoo.it so that I can furnish you with more details.

Respectfully,
Capt. Marc L. McVicker,
United States Marine Corps. IRAQ.

:mad:

sparkie
12-20-07, 07:31 PM
COOL,,,,,,,, Let Me In.

Big Jim
12-20-07, 08:04 PM
Yeah right...I'll get right on that....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Osotogary
12-20-07, 11:03 PM
Sounds a whole like the same flim-flam scam that has been coming out of, I believe, Nigeria and that surrounding area. That a member of the United States Marine Corps has conveniently and fictionally been added to the scam is below contempt.
I am seeking your assistance to evacuate the sum of $12,570,000 (Twelve million Five Hundred and Seventy Thousand US dollars)
Yeah, right. What a bunch of bullsh*t!

Sgt Leprechaun
12-21-07, 12:39 AM
Yeah, it's a standard Nigerian scam. They are using any avenue available to do that.

What's amazing is how many people actually send money!

Nimrod1193
12-21-07, 10:13 AM
I have very little sympathy for people who fall for these scams. I call it paying the "stupid tax."

Sean1046
12-21-07, 11:46 AM
Anyone remember what was offered to US troops at the end of the Kuwait conflict. All US forces were offered a cash reward for returning the oil fields to their owners. This was refused because it would classify the US military as mercenaries...which we are not. You want more money for putting you neck out? Raise your scores and get promoted. To be a part of this scam would tarnish the name of the Marines forever. This loser should be strung up by his bars.

It's not just a song, guys. It's how we're suppose to carry ourselves. "...and to keep our honor clean." not "...and to make a tidy profit." You want to make money wearing a uniform, try UPS!:devious:

Osotogary
12-21-07, 12:22 PM
Sean1046-
This Capt. Marc L. McVicker,United States Marine Corps. IRAQ. is fiction. I'm sure that there may be a Marc L. McVicker and that he may even be a Marine, either living or deceased, but the name does not represent a participating party in this scam....you can bet on that. Rest easy, Sean1046, this letter was not written by Capt. Marc L. McVicker,United States Marine Corps. only by some scumball opportunist and scam artist.

DIBLO7
12-21-07, 12:31 PM
There is only one Capt McVicker in the Marine Corps, and his first name isn't Marc...the wonders of 3270...

yellowwing
12-21-07, 12:33 PM
The FBI has a web page on these scams.
http://www.fbi.gov/majcases/fraud/internetschemes.htm

One guy demanded money up front so the Nigerian Scammers sent him a stolen check. Another actually went down there to recover his money and got murdered.

If its one in a million that will fall for it, then the Internet is the way to send out a billion BS emails.

ggyoung
12-21-07, 12:55 PM
At the fall of Vietnam one Marine general and one Vietnamise general were able to fly out 8-9 millon in gold. They used at least 2 C130's to do this and they got away with it.

DWG
12-21-07, 01:22 PM
At the fall of Vietnam one Marine general and one Vietnamise general were able to fly out 8-9 millon in gold. They used at least 2 C130's to do this and they got away with it.

So, what happened to your dink buddy?;) And, did you get his half?

Now I know how you afford all those wives!

Big Jim
12-21-07, 01:38 PM
Anyone remember what was offered to US troops at the end of the Kuwait conflict. All US forces were offered a cash reward for returning the oil fields to their owners. This was refused because it would classify the US military as mercenaries...which we are not. You want more money for putting you neck out? Raise your scores and get promoted. To be a part of this scam would tarnish the name of the Marines forever. This loser should be strung up by his bars.

It's not just a song, guys. It's how we're suppose to carry ourselves. "...and to keep our honor clean." not "...and to make a tidy profit." You want to make money wearing a uniform, try UPS!:devious:

Yeah, I remember that...King Faud offered Prez. Bush Sr., to pay each serviceman a million bucks and then we were told it went down to 100K then 10K. It wouldn't have made me feel bad to be paid their money!! I mean, the higher ups actually came around and asked what we thought about it and we all said,"WE WANT THE MONEY!!" LOL

But, in retrospect, you're right, I think I would've felt bad taking some foreign countries' money for doing what were trained to do...there's no honor in mercenary work!

Marine84
12-21-07, 03:20 PM
LOL! I would have known it was a scam when I got to the part where he needs to "evacuate" money. I don't know about the rest of you but, THIS Marine wouldn't need no help "evacuating" money - I mean be serious!

ggyoung
12-21-07, 04:35 PM
DWG I can only wish that I had.

jrhd97
12-21-07, 04:43 PM
No kidding, when was the last time a Marine needed help " evacuating" aquired goods. ;)

Wyoming
12-21-07, 04:53 PM

Uh, really????:confused:

ggyoung
12-21-07, 07:19 PM
BIGAL===========Yes, really. Here is something else. All you 40s,50s, and 60s that served during them times. Do you remember eating a lot of pork and rabbit in the mess halls? Well the divison CO had the pig farms. They got all the food from the mess halls. FREE. The base CO had the rabbit farm.

Wyoming
12-21-07, 08:05 PM
BIGAL===========Yes, really. Here is something else. All you 40s,50s, and 60s that served during them times. Do you remember eating a lot of pork and rabbit in the mess halls? Well the divison CO had the pig farms. They got all the food from the mess halls. FREE. The base CO had the rabbit farm.

Deja Vu here - Uh, really????

I gotta see snopes.com buy off on this stuff.

MOUNTAINWILLIAM
12-25-07, 09:08 PM
"Sounds" like the line has been cast with cash as the bait. No doubt some "sucker" is going to take the hook.

The question that comes to mind is..........Marines are a pretty resourceful lot (especially when it comes to women and money), so why would this particular "Marine" need help with money??

Watch your wallet!!!

thewookie
12-25-07, 09:13 PM
I call it paying the "stupid tax."

That's great, I love that! ;)