PDA

View Full Version : Dress blue sweater??

hump_drop
12-20-07, 11:37 AM
Can someone post a picture of this actually being worn?

I don't remember ever seeing it, I left active duty in 2000.

killerinstinct
12-20-07, 01:04 PM
is there a dress blue sweater? i never even heard of such a thing.

GolfingJarhead
12-20-07, 01:48 PM
pretty much like the service sweater. I think it is a little different, though.

timreich
12-20-07, 02:21 PM
it's the same as the new green service sweater. the gold chevrons are worn on the lappel. i've never seen anyone with one on other than a recruiter though.

marinecorpsvet
12-21-07, 10:02 AM
Hahahahahahahahaha.....how about some Pink armbands to go with that set of blues? Come on! Get a grip! You dont mess with the blues.....in any way......

fergy1370
12-22-07, 04:44 PM
When I was at 8th & I, we test drove them. They were like wooly-pullies, but blue and had lapels. We actually had to scrape off the black paint from regular chevrons and polish them before they gold chevrons were made.

It was a product from Gen. Mundy, along with the Marine and name tags on the cammies.....

I actually felt like I was in the Air Force wearing those blasted things.:mad:

SSgt Ramsey
04-16-09, 06:14 AM
It's only worn with the Blue Dress C and D uniform, and it must be purchased seperately through the system.

I got mine from a Career Recruiter that was assigned to Cherry Point (incidentally, he's now in Leavenworth :sick:).

Blue service sweater may be worn with the Blue Dress "C" and "D"; enlisted Marines will wear gold pin-on rank insignia.

When you have to wear your Blue Dress "C" and "D" all the time, in the winter months these are very nice to have. I wore mine all the time at HQMC sponsored functions such as Recruiter Screenings, retention assist visits, MSG briefs...the list goes on. It was like $45 or something like that. The Recruiters have a source-network to buy uniform item's directly from the procurement system.

BR34
04-16-09, 10:15 AM
I've seen a officer wear one once. It looks pretty good to me.

SSgt Ramsey
04-16-09, 10:21 AM
They do look sharp, and if you're one of the few wearing them, you really stand out...my Marine's at various units could always spot me if they needed assistance or whatever....great investment if you're a Career Planner.

MLMonk
04-16-09, 11:43 AM
Is there a way to order them online? I've looked around and not even MCCS or NEX has them available.

BR34
04-16-09, 12:01 PM
Try ebay, and/or Jacksonville and Oceanside craigslist.

MLMonk
04-16-09, 12:44 PM
Check all that a few times over and still nothing, Cpl.

Pete0331
04-16-09, 02:12 PM
Try ebay, and/or Jacksonville and Oceanside craigslist.

They'll have them at the Clothing Sales in 22 Area (by the air field) on Camp Pendleton.

It's just like the tanker jacket that is approved for wear with the Service Bravo, and Charlies.
Authorized for wear but independently purchased.