Abuse of Marine recruits officially banned, but ... <br />
By Steve Liewer and Rick Rogers <br />
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITERS <br />
December 20, 2007 <br />
<br />
Almost every week, drill instructors...

Finger
12-22-07, 11:19 AM
I am going to make an experienced opinion on this. I have seen the cycle of over the top abuse at PI and San Diego since the sixties. Yes, there will always be some stupid ass renegade DI that thinks he needs to save the Corps from the Mothers of America. Yes, I have seen the "wimpies" rule there too. One extreme to the other.

Before you look anywhere else, look at Drill Instructor School. How are they being trained and treated there? I have seen it go to extremes. From being treated like professional Marines who are about to build the Corps, to idiots who are treated like Motivation Platoon Prives.

I could not complain about my DI class in 1976. We were all treated as professional NCOs and SNCOs throughout the nine weeks. We PTd and drilled our butts off everyday, and were given outstanding professional development classes. I was a Honor Grad in that class, and had to study hard to be there.

Years later (late 80s) I revisited, and found a whole new deal. Some of my NCOs who were in DI school were afraid to talk to me or anybody else. When I got there, the Class was cutting the grass around the school with scissors while the school instructors were treating them like ****. One of my NCOs from Beirut was being screwed with for talking to a Lieutenant. The LT. was just in our company in 2/6 and came up to the NCO and spoke to him. The NCO was Ptd till the snot flew for being too familiar to an Officer. WTF!

So, my advise to all the folks who make decisions for the MCRDs is, make sure you are training and not F^%*ing with the DI students, if you expect them to act like professionals on the street. You reap what you sow.

The recruits need to be PTd all day if necessary ( Yeah I know, IAW Hot Weather SOP), They need to be drilled on everything they need to know. No slack. It has never been legal to beat a Private. Never! It is also counter-productive. You just lost all respect. Now, I won't sit here and tell you I ain't pulled on over my desk and spoke sweet nothings in his hear while dripping tobacco, but I never found the need to beat the **** out of one. If he wasn't worth a ****, DAB his ass and send him home. If you can't put the fear of God in a recruit without beating him, you are a wussy NCO. If you can't do it without a Campaign Hat and belt on, you are worthless. How do you lead in the Fleet? Huh?

MY opinion on this whole thing.

S/F
Finger

ZSKI
12-23-07, 01:32 AM
Hell in boot when i ****ed up i wish i got a punch or slap because that was it. Instead of getting quarterdecked all dam day. there are just to many rules that bind the DI's.