PDA

View Full Version : Real Marine or not?

1-1Heavygunner
12-19-07, 12:58 PM
I met a guy wearing a Marines jacket and struck up a conversation. He said he was in 1/1 from 94-97. I was in 1/1 from 95-98. He seemed a little squirrely when I pushed him for details. Never heard of the guy, no big deal. Guy said his last name was Kohler and he was in STA plt. and Alpha Co. My buddy, Peterson, who was in STA had never heard of him. I may run into this guy again and I won't let him off the hook if he is lying. He looked to be about 45. Anybody know him? Thanks.

3531neverlost
12-19-07, 02:03 PM
Are you sure about the spelling of his name? I know of a Kooler I was in with about 5'11" Brown eyes and a squer chin, If it is the same guy he was a lying dirt bag then too. He would have been 3521 Motot T Mec. And was one of those guys that gave the rest of us motor T guys a bad name. He would have been at Camp Johnson MT school in 1994 then Cerry Point from there. I think he finally got kicked out. If it is the same guy. I will never forget him because he was my A driver all the freaking time and would never shut up! Half the stuff he said then was a buch of bull and we knew it, but he kept saying it any way. If this is the same guy I would love to hear how this turns out. And feel free to let him know who gave you the information. LOL

1-1Heavygunner
12-20-07, 01:52 PM
probably not the same guy, Height and chin is right, but this guy was about 45-50 years old. Had he been in at the time he claimed, he'd have to have been a Staff NCO. I am positive he was never is STA platoon at 1/1, I just want to know if he was in ever. Why is it so many Vets say they were either Recon or Snipers, or both. I am proud of humble experience as a grunt Machinegunner. Why lie? I don't get it.

Big Jim
12-20-07, 02:32 PM
Thats what we call a "posers". he may have been in the Corps but glorifying his experiences. We find them all the time...wastes..all of them. Front his azz out and ask him questions about the experiences he should've had, I'll be willing to bet $50 he's a poser!!!!!!!!! And I love it when these guys get exposed!!

3531marine
12-20-07, 03:28 PM
I Was A 3531 And I Would Rather Drive To The Front Than Hump It Or Drag It That's My Take On It

Phantom Blooper
12-20-07, 03:44 PM
He probally is a poser but,You can't judge it on looks....I'll be 53 next year and all the wimmen folks say I look 35....ROTFLMAO! <br />
<br />
They even like to rub their hand on my bald spot. I tell em'...

sparkie
12-20-07, 07:27 PM
SEE,,,, I've been saying I'm A poser, but nobody's snapping it up. What givs?
I was gonna say Me, Yellowwing, and Jetdawgg cooked up this poser thing at our favorite gay bar one friday nite. What? I'm not credibule?

sparkie
12-20-07, 07:29 PM
Oh,,, Fist was there too,,, It was His Idea.

Big Jim
12-20-07, 08:56 PM
You guys couldn't try to be posers if you wanted to! The USMC is in your blood, in your attitudes, in your words! It's undeniable!!! Anybody who has ever been around a Marine Base for 5 minutes can tell what aand who a Marine is by the he talks carries himself and shows respect for his Corps and his brothers. That's what these kids and civilians don't understand and culd never understand. It has to be experienced and lived, you have to be a part of it to understand it. ALL Marines know that!!!

Sorry Sparkie, I got carried away there! I'm okay now! LOL

sparkie
12-20-07, 09:07 PM
Love Ya, Bro. Meebe the'll learn, someday.

outlaw3179
12-20-07, 10:42 PM
Hey Heavey gunner, 1/1 was ( and is ) in Horno right?

I was with 2/1 from 98 to 01 . I was 18 at the time so Im assuming if this guy was a staff he would have been 26, 27 at the time if not older. Sound like a lying motherf*cker to me.

yellowwing
12-20-07, 10:53 PM
SEE,,,, I've been saying I'm A poser, but nobody's snapping it up. What givs?
I was gonna say Me, Yellowwing, and Jetdawgg cooked up this poser thing at our favorite gay bar one friday nite. What? I'm not credibule?
WTF?

...I swear I thought it was a country bar. :scared:

Sgt Leprechaun
12-21-07, 01:57 AM
It was.

"Brokeback Bar"

I saw the sign and went to the tittie bar down the street. Wondered what the heck happened....NOW I know for sure.

I've been posing as the worlds tallest Leprechaun for years!

Oh, and the easy way to find out about the suspected poser is to ask him some simple question that a STA Marine (of basically any era) would know. He sounds shaky for sure, but ya never can tell.

grampsdw251
12-21-07, 02:47 AM
You guys couldn't try to be posers if you wanted to! The USMC is in your blood, in your attitudes, in your words! It's undeniable!!! Anybody who has ever been around a Marine Base for 5 minutes can tell what aand who a Marine is by the he talks carries himself and shows respect for his Corps and his brothers. That's what these kids and civilians don't understand and culd never understand. It has to be experienced and lived, you have to be a part of it to understand it. ALL Marines know that!!!

Sorry Sparkie, I got carried away there! I'm okay now! LOL

No, they can't pass as posers , but they could be gay-- right? The four of them could sit on the same barstool if they turned it upside down!!

1-1Heavygunner
12-21-07, 02:05 PM
Hey Heavey gunner, 1/1 was ( and is ) in Horno right?

I was with 2/1 from 98 to 01 . I was 18 at the time so Im assuming if this guy was a staff he would have been 26, 27 at the time if not older. Sound like a lying motherf*cker to me.

Happy Horno, you got it. Did you know Wibking? Not sure what Company, but he was 2/1 in that period. Don't you miss those hills? Recon, Iron Mike, sheepsh*t? Oh, the memories.

1-1Heavygunner
12-21-07, 02:08 PM
I Was A 3531 And I Would Rather Drive To The Front Than Hump It Or Drag It That's My Take On It

In heavy guns, we had hardback humvees. We used to laugh at the leg gunners and 0311's when we passed them on the way to the field. But when we had Batallion humps, we walked, along with 60lb. 50 cal. recievers, 44lb. tripod, and two 24lb. barrels spread out amongst 6. Then they laughed at us. It all evened out in the end.

FistFu68
12-21-07, 02:25 PM
:evilgrin: (LMFAO)SGT.SPARKIE PAYBAC IS A BEAR :D :beer:

outlaw3179
12-21-07, 06:58 PM
lol..Recon , sheep**** ,the Energizer and Microwave. Lol...those hills sucked man. I hated Recon no cuz it was the toughest but because it just kept going and going and going and then when you thought u were done and you were coming around the turn at end you realized fuk no! you werent done! UP THE HILL!!!!!! FUK The HILL!!!!

1-1Heavygunner
12-22-07, 08:29 AM
We had a company contest. Each platoon competed to see how fast we could push a humvee up Recon. Our CO, Major Woodbridge, led the push for each company. My platoon managed to win, but what fun it was. Actually, it was not as hard as it sounds, but man, the thought of doing it again still hurts.

gtmojester
01-01-08, 10:14 AM
My take on this is. It takes all of us working together I'm proud to be an 1833 and I stand in Aw of the new amtracks that you get to play with. My primary was 3531 and when I reported to my unit in Norfolk I OJT'ed intio the 1833 field and it was proably a good thing cause I sucked as a six by driver. Hats off to you 3531s:tank:

lovdog
01-03-08, 01:32 PM
GT:
I agree on your take - it takes all types of Marines to make the machine work! And all are just as important as the rest. You can be the biggest, baddest Marine that ever walked the planet - but somewhere along the line - you still need the "rest" of the group to make your job "count"! From the guy that cooks the chow to the guys that drive the trucks to the ones that hump the bush or fly the planes & choppers. And because some can do multiples of jobs - thats what really makes the machine run smoother and keeps the others alive to fight another day.
SF