PDA

View Full Version : Phony Marines?

Eric Hood
12-19-07, 02:05 PM
How many of you have meet a guy, who claims to have been in the Corps? What is your favorite story? I had one, who went to Boot Camp at Camp Lejeune in 1980.
Semper Fi,
Eric

Crucible88
12-19-07, 02:23 PM
I had one say that he was at parris island and when i asked him what battalion he was in he said he didnt know so i had said "maybe you were fourth battalion" he said "yeah i think that is what it was. than i asked his platoon number was he said "35". i was in awe when this guy kept going on with his story about how he went to iraq three times and was kicked out for marijuana. at the end of his story i finally broke it to him that he was a dip sh*t and that he was in a female battalion. and that gents is the best phony i have seen in person.:beer:

03SGT
12-19-07, 05:42 PM
I had a guy tell me at a work gathering that he was a Air Borne Marine, and that he searved with with the 101st AB. I kindly informed him, in front of a group, that the 101st AB was an Army unit. It's funney, he avoids talking to me now?

sparkie
12-19-07, 06:39 PM
I'm soo sorry but I can't live like this any more,,,,, I'm a phony Marine.

Big Jim
12-19-07, 06:46 PM
I'm soo sorry but I can't live like this any more,,,,, I'm a phony Marine.

HAHAHA!!!

Its great when you get the chance to front out someone phony!!! I had the chance recently when my brother-in-law introduced me to one of his younger friends who claimed to be in special forces with a Silver Star and was nominated for the Medal of Honor but was turned down for it due to his young age! I did some digging and found out he was in the Army as a supply clerk and was in theater but not in any combat! What a pogue!!!

sparkie
12-19-07, 06:49 PM
Can you forgive me? :angel:

outlaw3179
12-19-07, 06:56 PM
Thats nothing. A few weeks ago myself and about 4 real Marine were at a bar bs'n. All of sudden some guy walks in with 2 or 3 chicks wearing a skin tight USMC shirt. None of us said anything but then later on in the night we invited him over to shoot the ****.
Come to find out this guy was a former Recon Marine , who got special permission from then Prez Cinton to join DELTA. Before that though he was in Somalia . Got wounded 6 times so he has 6 Purple Hearts. He was also taken prisoner and was in captivity for 92 days.
By this time all of us were just in awe of this guy. He just couldnt stop lying. He knew enough of the Corps so we think he was probably in but got kicked out real early. In any case later on we asked him what the f he was talking about but he was completly hammered and we were the ones that would have looked like the *******s. This guy is amazing. next time we see him well kick the **** out of him.

sparkie
12-19-07, 07:00 PM
Outlaw,,,, That is a great sport,,, And you don't even need a license;>,,, Good Hunting.

SlingerDun
12-19-07, 07:27 PM
I saw that guy in the tight USMC t-shirt a few years ago at the corner Cantina. This other former and myself were eyeballing him because something was a bit off cant. So we Pow Wow'ed and bought him a drink. He didn't claim to be a Marine but as soon as i heard him speak i recognized him for the gay barista manager guy at the Starbucks next door.http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon11.gif

--->Dave

gutinstinct
12-19-07, 09:20 PM
I met this so called Marine in a bar in the mid Eighties wearing one of our T-shirts. After a couple of rounds I realized he was full of **** after he stated that he did not have to go thru Marine boot camp since he was in better shape than most Marines.

Michael Cox
12-19-07, 09:52 PM
i had one ********** say he was force recon and in an expeditionary unit

Michael Cox
12-19-07, 09:58 PM
if you leave base in uniform, all the sudden everyone you talk to was a marine or wanted to go but couldnt, so every time i see these posers i tell them to grow a dick and a set of balls and actually enlist or stop trying to bs me

DocBurnside
12-19-07, 10:42 PM
There used to be a site called phoneyvets.com or something like that where they outted all wannabe servicemen most however were either ex Special Forces, SEALS, Force or Delta, if anybody can find that site it makes for some hysterical reading.

DocBurnside
12-19-07, 10:44 PM
http://www.pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies.htm

thewookie
12-20-07, 07:19 AM
i had one ********** say he was force recon and in an expeditionary unit

I don't think that's impossible if he was with a MEUSOC back n the day.

crate78
12-20-07, 09:06 PM
When I had a desk job with an insurance company, I was on my way to a head call one day when I walked past a fellow waiting outside the Claims Manager's office.

He looked sociable, so I stopped and chatted. He said he was waiting for a job interview with the Claims Manager. He went on to say he'd just gotten out of the Marine Corps and needed a job. I told him I was a Marine and asked him what his MOS was. All I got in return was a blank look. I grinned at him and went on to the head.

By the time I came back, he was gone. I stopped in the Claims Manager's office and asked if there was anything new. The Claims Manager told me he was supposed to interview somebody, but he never showed. I went on my way.

The guy never even stayed for his interview! It works every time. No Marine ever forgets his MOS and almost no civilians even know what an MOS is.

crate

Sgt Leprechaun
12-21-07, 01:53 AM
Yup.

I make it a hobby to bust posers. I've nailed a few and helped with others.

grampsdw251
12-21-07, 02:59 AM
I worked with a man that said he was a chopper pilot in Nam. His wife worked there to, so I just asked her how old he was. Turns out he was born in '65. Any of you NamVets remember seeing that 9 year old pilot?

bulrdr78
12-21-07, 06:18 AM
Me And A Friend Of Mine Who Is Also A Marine Were At Rodeo We This Guy With Marine Corp Shirt And Cover, So We Walk Up And Say Semper Fi...and He Says Ahh Hi..tells Us Hes A Recon Marine. First Recon In Lejune, We Say Man Thouht First In Penelton? Oh No All Thats Change Now Second Mar. Div. Is In California Now First Is In North Caralina, So We Let Him Go On. What A Laugh. The Sinceres Form Of Flatery Is Imatation......ooh Rah.

Zulu 36
12-21-07, 06:24 AM
I worked with a man that said he was a chopper pilot in Nam. His wife worked there to, so I just asked her how old he was. Turns out he was born in '65. Any of you NamVets remember seeing that 9 year old pilot?

Only the VN Air Force one. ;)

marinecorpsvet
12-21-07, 09:55 AM
Went to the VA here in Syracuse the other week, waiting in the room for Ortho and in the time of 40 min that I was waiting, I ran into 3 other guys who claimed they were Marine Recon, all 3 got kicked out and it was the Corps fault. I was allmost shamed to say I was "Ammo".......I didnt know that many Maines were in Recon.....

1-1Heavygunner
12-21-07, 02:46 PM
Why is it all the phonies claim either Recon or Sniper status? That always raises a red flag with me. I wasn't in either one, but I knew lots of both. I was in the same berthing as a platoon from 1st Force and Scout Snipers were in my Company. I know enough to find out real quick when they are lying. I estimate 1 out of 1000 Marines was Recon or Sniper, but it seems like the guys flaunting their Marine shirts are 4 out of 5 Recon or Sniper. I used to be hesitant to punk guys, but now, I unload when I catch them lying.

RON 68
12-22-07, 05:32 PM
well guys I was just a freakin combat terrain forklift operator.and fitness instructor m.o.s. however they did issue me a m-14.....and i did know how to shoot. do dat make me bad?

everybody just has to be a bad ass nowadays ...i found out only when you have to.otherwise lay low.Semper-fi.Ron-68

Finger
12-22-07, 05:45 PM
I belong to a group of Marines and Corpsman, who are all former active duty or retired that served in Force Recon. One of our favorite past times is outing and busting posers.

The community is too small to get away with it for long.

S/F
Finger

RON 68
12-22-07, 05:51 PM
i guess then Finger you see alot of poser's..pretty sad.to me thats a dishonor.but to the poser i guess it's.......some sort of satisfaction for a lost childhood.

all you Marine's have a great Christmas,and a healthy 2008.we still need to hang around and keep the peace.Ron -68

Finger
12-22-07, 06:01 PM
Ron, did you drive one of those big ass rough terrain fork lifts back then? Like in Shore Party? Those things were huge and strong as hell.

RON 68
12-22-07, 07:17 PM
yep it was a RLF or RK 6000fork lift.{with some big arse tire's} it would pick up a pallet of 105 and 155 shell's like nothing.with a m-14 strapped to the cage.drove the forks of one through the back of a truck lift gate. stupid move....thing's you do when young and crazy...so they figured later on he better stay in some sort of building...and keep other Marine's safe.good time's...and i think building 1309 is still at Lejeune.Semper -fi. Ron -68.

my forty year ann. of enlisting is next year.....good year's, good time's. seems so long ago...hey i still have my memory!and my m-14.{ well semi m1A version}

Achped
12-24-07, 11:05 PM
Oh yeah? Well I know a guy who went through 38 weeks of boot camp at Parris Island, because thats how long it was "back then".

He also graduated boot camp and went straight to Vietnam the same day. When he got to Vietnam he was made a helicopter pilot but was shot down, he escaped, got the silver star after returning to friendly lines, and was retired.

Heh....

libertyman777
12-24-07, 11:19 PM
I know I've had more than one, but here's the one that comes to mind. Once, while partying down in a bar known as the Sub in Juarez, Mexico (my MOS was 5921 and I attended MOS training at the US Army Air Defense School, Ft. Bliss, TX), I had the pleasure of meeting a young man that claimed to be a former Marine. He didn't carry himself like a Marine, so I asked where he attended Boot Camp. He said, "Fort Dix, New Jersey", at which time, I called him a liar and told him I'd kick his wormy, cheese d*cked, sh*t bird, @ss. He left.

Now for spending a year stationed on an Army Base, that'll require a whole 'nuther thread. But needless to say, it's easy to shine in a sea full of turds. :D

Paul

Sgt Leprechaun
12-25-07, 09:51 AM
If someone told me they were at PI for 38 weeks of boot camp, I'd immediately look at em and go....

"Holy crap, you just couldn't stop being a shiitebird, could ya??? Liked the place so much you were recycled a hunnert times??"

What a dork.

ebcole
12-25-07, 11:18 AM
I don't normally engage those want to be's. But I did have one that made me stop and ask "WHAT?" My M.O.S. is 0321 I currently work in law enforcement, we were leaving the range one afternoon, myself and another former Marine headed for our vehicles. We over heard this young man leaned against the wall speaking to two female officers that he was a Marine sniper, and had made (4) kill shots of over 2500 yards with a AR-15. Its funny how somethings will make you stop in your tracks; we couldn't resist walking over to him and informing him we carry m-16's or m-4's and even then 2500 yards?
He must have figured what we were about to do to him, he quickly had to go.

USMC8541Sgt
01-01-08, 04:40 PM
I served in a STA/SSP Plt in the Reserves. Was at a bar one day when some "Leatherneck" walks in. I call him that because thats what the T-shirt said. Anyway, he starts talking smack to people at the bar. About how high speed he is etc. So I wander up and tell him I was a Marine and start asking the normal questions..... he starts spouting off about how he was in a Scout Sniper Plt, what unit and Team he was in. Well, surprise, surprise, turns out this high speed killer was in my unit and even in my team. I then take the time to point how how since I am the team leader and I have NO CLUE who he is, that he should leave as quickly as possible.

Next drill I see him over in with the cooks. Seems he is a new join to our unit. Got to admit. Never saw him again.

Patriot34
01-17-08, 06:20 PM
I met this so called Marine in a bar in the mid Eighties wearing one of our T-shirts. After a couple of rounds I realized he was full of **** after he stated that he did not have to go thru Marine boot camp since he was in better shape than most Marines.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You can't be in better shape than a marine! What a dick. I'd love to find one of these guys and just embaress the hell out of em.

VeeDog
07-31-14, 03:19 PM
After 28 years of service I thought I saw it all. I am attending college in Tennessee. I am sitting in the food court where I over heard this guy telling girls he was in the corp. It was a innocent conversation when it took a turn. He told them he was in 2nd Recon. I looked at the guy who was in his early 30's. He told them he was in Iraq and injured from an IED. Right of the bat something was not right. He said he was in the Infantry and was bragging how good he was at the riffle range. He said he was an expert, but when he said 490 out of 500 I thought it changed. During my boot camp days in 1981 it was 245. My brain is not what it used to be. So I pretended I was in the Air Force. When I asked him where he was stationed he said Lejeuene. I asked him is Court Street still there. For you younger guys Court Street was the local hang out. Strike one. He never heard of it. Then I asked him where is the recon based out of. He said Camp Lejeune. I asked him was it still out towards Court House Bay. He said it moved. I called my son who retired from a medical. He was in 1/6. I asked him about the expert score. He told me he has never heard of 500.
Then this guy started telling these girls about his medals. He told them he received the silver star. At that time I went postal. I called his BS when I asked him what his 5th General Order. Now its been a while but quit your post only when properly relieved. I hope that is still right. Reason being I got Article 15 early on for that reason.
But here is my point. I am sick and tired of guys like this lying about his want to be life. Plus it makes other real Marines look bad for people like this.

al Shabazz
07-31-14, 03:42 PM
My favorite one was when I was a teenager around 2001 or so on a family trip to Ohio. At a flea market, my dad, a retired Gunny saw this older fellow wearing a Marine Corps Vietnam Veteran hat. A Vietnam Vet himself he started talking with this guy about the Marine Corps. This guy start talking about how he was a Marine Scout Sniper in Vietnam and all of this stuff. I was still a teenager and I was just soaking all of this stuff in like I was talking to Rambo. I notice my dad's demeanor change a little bit and after about 5 minutes he eventually politely ends the conversation and we walk off.
"That guy wasn't a sniper. He might have been a Marine, but he's full of S###."
My dad rarely ever cussed so I knew this guy got under his skin a little bit. I asked him why and he tells me, "Just remember those stories, son."
Later that week we go back into town and stop by a bookstore and he buys me Carlos Hathcock's Biography (I honestly can't remember the title). This guy was basically pretending to be Carlos Hathcock. Keep in mind that Carlos Hathcock had died 2-3 years before we bumped into this guy.

A1Gunner0341
11-08-16, 09:10 PM
How about a guy I exposed as a poser I obtained a copy of his dd214 along with a news paper article , pictures of him wearing dress blues with rank and medals he never earned a copy of his facebook page where he claims a Purple Heart, I presented all this info to his VFW, the Marine corps Leauge and the Leathernecks motorcycle club he belongs to and they all did nothing ,so I don't want to hear how great these outfits are and how the Leathernecks are so cool and making us proud REALLY!!! Proud of what that they are no better than the posers they allow to stay in there ranks PLEASE spare me these Ass Clowns are a slap in the face to the real Marines who fought and died for our country and wore the uniform with pride and where laid to rest in it.

madinfidel
11-09-16, 05:51 AM
Calling the Marine Corps League a bunch of ass clowns is a bit of a blanket statement. I can understand your anger as the thought of guys like you described sickens me as well. However, judging the entire organization over it is about as fair as judging the entire Nation over the actions of Benedict Arnold. Semper Fi

A1Gunner0341
11-09-16, 06:17 AM
Madinfidel I am not out of line at all I brought this guy up on charges at the NATIONAL level and they bought his bull**** story he misread his dd214 and I brought it to there attention he was put...

madinfidel
11-09-16, 02:23 PM
I never said you were out of line for calling out a poser. Especially at the national level. What I said was that although a mistake was obviously made, the Marine Corps League has done lots of beneficial things as well and a blanket statement can very easily tarnish the entire organization. That's solely what I meant and I in no way meant to nullify your anger that you are just in having concerning this scumbag.

A1Gunner0341
11-09-16, 05:19 PM
I understand my brother no hard feelings

Sundown
11-11-16, 02:13 AM
David Kyle DeGresta...........likes folks to think he was a marine. Medals galore.
turns out he made less than 2 months in the Army before they decided he was too
full of **** even for the army. Likes to talk about all his tattoos he got in a tent in the desert in Iraq. Easy to spot. I usually live and let live, but I had to mark this one up a little. Punk ! Last I saw of him he was running down the road with no pants on. Let him keep the T-shirt tho.

LordViper
12-25-16, 12:00 PM
Had a guy tell me he was in for 4 years and got out as a Gunnery Sergeant. He said he was on the drill team and he could really spin that "gun". LOL.