PDA

View Full Version : Remembering A Marine

thedrifter
12-18-07, 06:29 AM
Remembering A Marine
Reported by: Sarah Jindra / WCIA 3 NEWS
Monday, Dec 17, 2007 @10:31pm CST

Ron Roberts is keeping the memory of his son close to him. Corporal Allen Roberts died last month in a humvee accident in Iraq. His father decided to get a tattoo as a tribute to his only son who died while serving his country.

"I miss him every day," says Roberts. Laying still, he stares at his leg as his sons face is etched onto his skin. This is the beginning of his healing process. "You have your good days and your bad days. I think this is gonna help me a lot right here," he says as he looks at his tattoo. He's trying to move forward, but there are some things he'll never forget. Like the day two marines came to his door to tell him Allen was gone. "Your heart goes through your throat. You know, you just can't believe it."

In the chair, he's forming a bond with tattoo artist Ray Allen Hughes. "I know he's gonna carry this with him forever. Everyday he will look at his tattoo, he'll be like, yeah, I've got my son with me," says Hughes.

Roberts is comforted knowing he'll have his son's memory with him until the day they meet again. "I'll carry it with me until I die," he says proudly. Roberts thought a tattoo was appropriate because Allen had several himself, including one on his leg. That was a tribute to his Grandpa who was also a marine.

Ellie