PDA

View Full Version : Marriage Vs Engagment

BPS3533
12-17-07, 03:36 PM
I have been with my fiance for 3 years. Engaged for 1 Year. I am getting activated in may and going to Iraq in Sept. We were planning on getting married during the time that i will be deployed. What do you feel will be better in the long run. Getting married before I go or should i wait until I get back.

Phantom Blooper
12-17-07, 03:51 PM
The magistrate here in Onslow County as soon as Marines and sailors know that they are getting deployed report that the marriage statistics rise. That is a civil state license. That gets the spouses foot in the door for benefits and such. Then when they come back they do the church wedding or save the money and keep it like it is.

Your asking a question that really only you and your fiancé can answer. Everyone will give you an answer of yes or no....or what we did. But in all reality the only ones that can answer the question is the two of you. I also bet Dear Abby would agree with me! Whatever your decision good luck to you both and for you keep yourself and your comrades safe in Iraq!

:evilgrin:

thedrifter
12-17-07, 03:55 PM
The magistrate here in Onslow County as soon as Marines and sailors know that they are getting deployed report that the marriage statistics rise. That is a civil state license. That gets the spouses foot in the door for benefits and such. Then when they come back they do the church wedding or save the money and keep it like it is.

Your asking a question that really only you and your fiancé can answer. Everyone will give you an answer of yes or no....or what we did. But in all reality the only ones that can answer the question is the two of you. I also bet Dear Abby would agree with me! Whatever your decision good luck to you both and for you keep yourself and your comrades safe in Iraq!

Chuck You said it Best!

I have seen both ways, and some of made it and some have failed...

They are the only ones that know how strong they are...with a lot of Trust

Ellie

Phantom Blooper
12-17-07, 04:00 PM
Well I'll be damned it weren't Dear Abby... because she's sydicated.

It was Dear Ellie that agreed with me!:beer:

HMCFMFWife
12-18-07, 09:40 PM
Only you two can make that decision..we waited when he went to Korea (a Doc) in "51" and then when he came back before we knew it he was in Japan..took us 6 yrs to tie the knot. ( I was only 15 when we met..21 when we were married. Made it 52 years and then he passed away
last Oct.1"06" I feel his Lung Cancer was caused by Agent Orange since he was in Country in "65-66. "
Then I just lost my son last month to
Leukemia...
Marge