PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Marine seeks return of seized marijuana plants

zx6rdr
12-17-07, 01:42 PM
AURORA (AP) - A former Marine is asking Aurora police to return 71 marijuana plants seized at his home, saying the pot helps him deal with war injuries. <br />
<br />
Criminal charges were dropped Friday...

Proffitt
12-17-07, 01:43 PM
OMG....what is the world coming to?? Lord help us all.

ggyoung
12-17-07, 01:50 PM
As long as he stays out of our Marine Corps, no driving, stays in his house, don't get out of bed, no kids around and a whole bunch of other things I guess it might be ok.

hrscowboy
12-17-07, 01:53 PM
Give me a fukin break here thats nothing but a bunch of crap.. Get your arse to the V.A. and get the drugs you really need you #### bird. medical pot my arse

sdk87to91
12-17-07, 02:21 PM
The law is the law and if a treatment is recognized by the law then let it stand. Some of you guys are a little too predjudiced. We swore to uphold the laws if I remember correctly. I suppose you would rather him get some opiates or something else that can really screw you up.

That said ; I wonder how the cops store expendable stuff like live plants. I asssume they dont keep them alive until maturity, and I also assume that if they are mature they dont pick and dry it like a grower would.

Buckeye
12-17-07, 02:43 PM
Hey,sdk87to91....you sound educated on the process....:confused:

Sean1046
12-17-07, 02:47 PM
Doctor legally perscribes you for crack...thats between you and the doc. Bumping into alot of amatuer doctors, with more opinions than smarts. When a cop seizes something, anything, they take that item into their custody. Which means they are completely and totally responsible for it. During a legal search, the cops knock over a vase and break it...same same. Only issue would be proving the plants condition before the cops seized them. (8 years Military Police)

Oh, and Mr. VA...have you ever been to the VA? Have you ever spoke to the VA doctors. VA perscribed me 4 different types of perscription meds to deal with anxiety probs. Following the VA equaled at least 6 hours a day where I'm in a drug induced stupor. Talked to a civilian doctor, y'know the ones that got good grades in medical school, and I was perscribed Medical Marijuana. Not one problem since. So enjoy you opiate addiction Mr. VA.

Proffitt
12-17-07, 02:52 PM
To all you old heads......They just don't make em' like they used to.

Big Jim
12-17-07, 03:28 PM
I've only ever heard of marijuana treating glaucoma for vision purposes, it lowers the pressure within the eyes. An old friend of mine who is an advanced Diabetic was offered the use of medicinal marijuana and I asked him how much was he allowed to use and he told me the Dr. said not very much is all thats needed, but he still refused to use it. He's an old Korean-vet Marine, too! He still believes in the law, which varys from state to state. Here in Ohio, marijuana is still illegal and treated as such. I do believe this guy is trying to get his pot back and trying to get over using his military status as an excuse!! Its better to let the VA Dr.s handle whats best for his military ailments. Thats the true military way!!!! Put the joint out and act like you were in the military!!!!

Phantom Blooper
12-17-07, 04:28 PM
Since he is from Aurora he is probally wanting to get stoned and see the Auroras which are natural different colored light displays, which are usually observed in the night sky! The Northern Lights with like all the pretty like rainbow colors!:beer:

:evilgrin:

hrscowboy
12-17-07, 04:50 PM
Medical pot dont mean squat in Kansas and Missouri if your caught with it kiss your arse cause your going to pay dearly either way. I know that to be a fact being a 21 year retired Chief of Police..

Phantom Blooper
12-17-07, 05:14 PM
stays in his house, don't get out of bed

Guy, you ought to know about these two with all them wimmen you have out there in Utah!:beer:

:evilgrin:

ggyoung
12-17-07, 05:15 PM
There is no place for pot in any medical use as ear as I am concerned. I had a good buddy killed in Vietnam becouse one a$$hole was on pot in 1965. All of you who think that this pothead should have his plants back and that pot is ok for med. use is ok should be put to the front of the LP's and OP's as a early warning system becouse I shore as hell don't want you beside me or in back of me. OLD CORP

ggyoung
12-17-07, 05:21 PM
P.B.==========="All them wimmen here in Utah" won't have anything to do with pot. Them that do pot are shot at sunrise.

SlingerDun
12-17-07, 05:22 PM
I've only ever heard of marijuana treating glaucoma for vision purposes, it lowers the pressure within the eyesThats pain relief along the lines of NSAID's and gads of anti-inflammatories. In fact some types of marijuana relieve acute low back pain where as others dont. Marijuana is also used as a substitute for long term NSAID usage which tends to cause stomach ulcers and kidney problems. People with AIDS et al smoke pot to stimulate the appetite, etc.

A prematurely retired Farrier and also former Marine (MP) with ruptured discs in his back lives with chronic, acute, low back pain. He's smokes illegal pot. He's still tough as an oak knot. Pays his taxes, license, registration, doesn't run lights, jay walk, sell surplus marijuana or harass the genteel city folk at Starbucks. He's been on and quit much harder 'legal' drugs for pain relief

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon2.gifDave

Phantom Blooper
12-17-07, 05:30 PM
Taking pot shots at them wimmem...ain't that illegal?:beer:

yellowwing
12-17-07, 05:54 PM
Not much to do but leave it up to his Doc, his lawyer, and the Aurora District Attorney. Who knows how many details were left out of the news article.

sdk87to91
12-17-07, 06:08 PM
I believe Aurora is in Colorado where Medical Marijuana is legal.
For you guys who wont think twice, I have a very dear friend who is dying in Colorado. He is a 20 year diabetic with so many other unrelated injuries that he can hardly stand let alone walk. Most people with his type of diabetes dont live nearly as long as him so he is pioneering new ground. He is constantly correcting doctors who are trying the regular methods, which often almost kill him. He does get relief from marijuana, and by God I support him in that.

I regret the guy who got shot in Vietnam due to another using pot instead of doing his duty. But I believe the problem was the lack of discipline not the availability. Take other substances for example; a drunk can get you killed fast. I myself have even Overdosed on chewing tobacco so bad I had to fall off my horse and lay down on the ground. Believe me the rest of the team had to wait for me. I was not in combat, but if I was to go there it would be my responsibility to layoff the tobacco.

That said; I concede that the demand from recreational marijuana users is so great that there is probably no way to regulate the supply. I suspect that many of the Rx users are sharing with their friends, perhaps even selling it.

bigdog43701
12-17-07, 07:24 PM
oath to "uphold the laws"? i remember MY oath saying i would defend the Constitution and this Government against all ememies, both forein and domestic...there was nothing in the oath saying that i would support all laws...and i do not...that being said as a law enforcement officer it is not my job to agree or disagree with the laws...it IS my job to enforce them and i will.

USMC_1983-89
12-17-07, 10:23 PM
Smoke up, Johnny!

ZSKI
12-18-07, 07:21 PM
Well there is obviously something behind it, hell even the federal govt has a small group that they supply with weed for medical reasons. If he has a legal reason to have it. oh well not ours to *****.

Buckeye
12-18-07, 07:33 PM
Round on both ends and Hi in the middle.......Ohio....and the buckeye leaf kinda resembles a pot leaf.......I wonder if the odds are against me....lol:banana::yes:

montana
12-18-07, 10:41 PM
they smoke loco weed here in Montana....stay plumb away from that pot stuff....only dopes smoke dope

rb1651
12-19-07, 12:05 PM
Medical marijuana already exists, and it's an FDA approved pill available with a prescription anywhere in the U.S. It's called MARINOL (TM). It's active ingredient is synthetic THC. It's used to treat nausea and vomiting in cancer patients, and also as an appetite stimulator in people with eating disorders and AIDS/HIV. The company I work for is one of the few that package this drug.

So I would have to concur with others that the VA can assist this guy with his problems by ordering a pill, that by the way contains the same Delta-9-THC as a marijuana cigarette without the other 400 ingredients that the smoked marijuana has. (Source of info from both the marinol.com and http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/ongoing/marinol.html websites.)

CHOPPER7199
12-19-07, 12:52 PM
Just my opinion, but, I was told by the Doc. back in 1984 if I could get some of that chit for my mother it would have helped her thru her ordeal with cancer as he had did all he could on the pain thing. She suffered for 4 yrs. I still think of it to-day that I should have found some and stick the law. Makes 1 think to much on all this law crap. For me. if it comes to smoking that chit as a last resort, I guess I will.

marinecorpsvet
12-21-07, 09:49 AM
Hold up there! 71 plants? Now just much maryjane does it take to relieve stress? I would think by the amount this former Marine had in his possession, he was relieving more than PTSD, hell, he was trying to relieve the whole town.
Hold on, I'm a little stressed, I gotta go get a newspaper to roll me one!:nerd:

yellowwing
12-21-07, 11:14 AM
Hold up there! 71 plants? Now just much maryjane does it take to relieve stress? I would think by the amount this former Marine had in his possession, he was relieving more than PTSD, hell, he was trying to relieve the whole town.
Hold on, I'm a little stressed, I gotta go get a newspaper to roll me one!:nerd:
There are criminal elements that offer to fund the whole grow-op for these folks for part of the crops in return. :mad: