PDA

View Full Version : Football IQ and the Packers' Perfect Season

thedrifter
12-17-07, 06:23 AM
Football IQ and the Packers' Perfect Season
Posted By Uncle Jimbo

I wasn't going to write anything about football, then Brian Westbrook of the Eagles did something very cool. His team was closing out the 12-1 Cowboys and up only 4 points with 2 minutes left. He broke loose on a run and could have walked in scoring a touchdown and making it a two score game. This would have been good, but it doesn't seal the game as the Cowboys get the ball and with a score and an onside kick could beat you. Instead Westbrook foregoes the touchdown and downs himself at the one. The Cowboys had no time outs so McNabb takes 3 knees and the clock runs out. How many players don't take the TD? Not many, classy play.

Now back to the team I am part owner of, the Green Bay Packers. Today they let the Rams stick around for a half and then took care of business. Favre collected the last major passing record, passing Marino for most passing yards evah. Kev predicts he will play two more years and on the first game of the second season he would pass Jim Marshall for most consecutive games evah. That's insane, so odds are it will happen.

Here is how the rest of the season goes. Patriots run the table and the AFC Playoffs landing in the big game 18-0. Cowboys and Packers both run their tables and the NFC Championship game is at Cowboy Texas Stadium, where Favre has never won evah. I know it would be fun to redo the Ice Bowl at Lambeau and if the Cowboys want to screw up then fine. I'm just assuming they won't and #4 exorcises an undeserved demon winning in Dallas.

So Brett rides in to Cowpoke Tejas Stadium and beats the Pokes like wet dogs in a dry house. Yeah Baby! I mean a vicious, wicked whipping with lots of underhand passes and 60 yard rainbows and 15 yard lasers. WOOOOOOOH!!!!!

Oh yeah then we squash the cheating Patriots like bugs in the Super Bowl. So let it be written, so let it be done.

Ellie

DanBO
12-17-07, 06:46 AM
How "Bout dem Packers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thedrifter
12-17-07, 06:53 AM
My hubby is a Packer fan...born and raised and my team is the Eagles;)

I stand behind both teams...:thumbup:

Ellie

ivalis
12-17-07, 02:58 PM
part owner? i doubt it.

Proffitt
12-17-07, 03:13 PM
I'm a Cowboys fan, but......I would like to see Favre go the distance. For some reason, I have an avid hatred for Tom Brady. Something about him. As for the Cowboys.....If it came down to it, I don't know if they could fight their way out of a wet paper sack. They just aren't consistent.

rktect3j
12-17-07, 03:25 PM
Don't the Packers still have to play da Bears, AGAIN?

Oops.

Yeah, I know da Bears are completely out but I think the Packers better start paying attention to that one rival matchup in Chicago anyways. I'd hate for bret to get hurt again. Maybe he should just take the loss and sit out as they are already in.

Just an opinion.

thedrifter
12-17-07, 03:32 PM

Oops.

Yeah, I know da Bears are completely out but I think the Packers better start paying attention to that one rival matchup in Chicago anyways. I'd hate for bret to get hurt again. Maybe he should just take the loss and sit out as they are already in.

Just an opinion.

Yes they do, I believe Sunday;) ;)

rktect3j
12-17-07, 04:32 PM
I'm not rooting for the Packers this Sunday. Sorry, not against the Bears, but WHEN they go to the super bowl this year, and they will, I hope they beat the snot out of them cheaten New England Patriots. I can't wait. :yes:

thedrifter
12-17-07, 07:33 PM
I'm not rooting for the Packers this Sunday. Sorry, not against the Bears, but WHEN they go to the super bowl this year, and they will, I hope they beat the snot out of them cheaten New England Patriots. I can't wait. :yes:

I do have to agree with the Patriots;)

Ellie

roady17
12-18-07, 09:25 AM

Oops.

Just an opinion.The Bears and Packers are the biggest rivalry in the NFL. Brett will play and the Pack will be ready. Hope the Bears are.

GO PACK!!!!!:tank:

Nimrod1193
12-18-07, 09:53 AM
part owner? i doubt it.

It's true. The Green Bay Packers are the only publicly-owned company in the NFL. Roughly 110,000 people own shares of the team. This is the main reason that there is no chance the Packers will ever be moved out of Green Bay.

FistFu68
12-18-07, 01:47 PM
:evilgrin: IF AND THATS A BIGG IF?THE PAC,GOES ALL THE WAY;WIN'S THE SUPER BOWL.HE SHOULD RETIRE THEN,INSTEAD OF BEING CARRIED OFF THE FROZEN TUNDRA OF SOILDERS FIELD ON A STRECTHER.DON'T GO OUT LIKE Y.A.TITTLE.:evilgrin: :beer:

rktect3j
12-23-07, 04:04 PM
Sorry Drifter.

Camper51
12-23-07, 05:12 PM
The Bears and Packers are the biggest rivalry in the NFL. Brett will play and the Pack will be ready. Hope the Bears are.

GO PACK!!!!!:tank:

Ummmmmmmm I guess the Bears were ready and the Pack simply forgot to come and play today something like Pack 7, Bears 35...

maverickmarine
12-24-07, 06:21 AM
Yeah, I would like to thank the Packers and all of their fans for giving my boys homefield advantage. Also, bring your asses down to Texas Stadium so we can pound you into the ground and shove that stupid cheesehead where it belongs! Get some!!!!!!!

FistFu68
12-24-07, 06:52 AM
:evilgrin: I SAW YOU'R PIC,YOU STILL COMBING YOU'R HAIR LIKE A WOMAN?IF YOU ARE I'D HIDE THAT CHIT UNDER ONE OFF THOSE CHEESEHEADS,I HATE THE PACKERS ALMOST AS BAD AS THE COWGIRLS(LMFAO):D GET A FUCING HAIRCUTT FORCE RECU*T:D SEMPER~FI~THAT!!!!!HO-HO-HO-MERRY CHRISTMAS???

Ed Palmer
12-24-07, 08:10 AM
Kansas City Chiefs 2007 Season Ending Therapy

Timely Chief therapy.

Click on the punching bag.

http://www.lewerke.com/cp_therapy/

maverickmarine
12-24-07, 09:04 AM
:evilgrin: I SAW YOU'R PIC,YOU STILL COMBING YOU'R HAIR LIKE A WOMAN?IF YOU ARE I'D HIDE THAT CHIT UNDER ONE OFF THOSE CHEESEHEADS,I HATE THE PACKERS ALMOST AS BAD AS THE COWGIRLS(LMFAO):D GET A FUCING HAIRCUTT FORCE RECU*T:D SEMPER~FI~THAT!!!!!HO-HO-HO-MERRY CHRISTMAS???

Alright there nasty one,

That was a freakin' bad drunken pic and put it up as a joke so square yourself away. As I got older that hairline kept rolling back so it's been shaved ever since. LOL. Packers blow!!!!!!

Merry Christmas!

maverickmarine
12-24-07, 09:08 AM

And also, I just eyeballed one of your pics and where'd you get those freakin' pants? LMAO!!!! I think the 80's are calling and want the pants and the gold chain back. Get some!!!!!!

FistFu68
12-24-07, 01:22 PM
:evilgrin: (LMFAO)MAVERICK,I KNEW YOU HAD A GREAT 'SENCE OF HUMOR MARINE.NOW YOU'R GONNA LIKE THIS ONE,I BOUGHT THOSE ZOOBA WORKOUT SWEAT'S IN DENTON TEXAS!!!IN 2006,CHIT MARINE;YOU REALLY GONNA LIKE THIS MY FAVORITE FOOTBALL TEAM IS THE MIAMI DOLPHINS.CAN'T WAIT TILL MICHAEL VICK GET'S OUTTA JAIL,WE ARE FINALLY GONNA GET A Q.B! MERRY CHRISTMAS MARINE,THE GREEN BERETS USED TOO CALL US RECU*TS!!!:) :iwo:

maverickmarine
12-25-07, 08:26 AM
LOL. Good to go! Merry Christmas!

roady17
12-26-07, 08:45 AM
Ummmmmmmm I guess the Bears were ready and the Pack simply forgot to come and play today something like Pack 7, Bears 35...
Can't argue with that.Got our Butts kicked good.

roady17
12-26-07, 08:54 AM
Yeah, I would like to thank the Packers and all of their fans for giving my boys homefield advantage. Also, bring your asses down to Texas Stadium so we can pound you into the ground and shove that stupid cheesehead where it belongs! Get some!!!!!!!
We'll be there with our Cheeseheads and we're bringing Jessica with us.

maverickmarine
01-02-08, 06:35 AM
Bring on the cheese and Jessica!