PDA

View Full Version : Marine wearing camo

wannabe0311
12-16-07, 10:10 AM
Are Marines allowed to wear cammies in public? cause i thought i read somewhere where they are not. I always see army guys wear them. I dont think ive ever seen a Marine doing that.

bigdog43701
12-16-07, 12:41 PM
CMC recently sent out an ALMAR and stated that Marines are NOT to wear utilities off post in public. they may stop at fast food places and banks IF they do not leave their vehicle. the Corps had this policy when i was in (1970-1981) and i personnaly am glad CMC went back to it. the army looks like sh!t in public wearing their ACUs.

wannabe0311
12-16-07, 01:02 PM
Do you know why they dont let Marines do this?

bigdog43701
12-16-07, 01:22 PM
the Marines does this because the uitlity uniform is a WORK uniform...and it does not project a favorable appearance to the public...there for ONLY service uniforms, greens and blues are autorized off post in public.

thewookie
12-16-07, 02:05 PM
Do you know why they dont let Marines do this?

Cause we ain't nasty.:evilgrin:

wannabe0311
12-16-07, 02:14 PM
I get it now Thanks for the responses

SpartanMullet
12-16-07, 02:21 PM
CMC recently sent out an ALMAR and stated that Marines are NOT to wear utilities off post in public. they may stop at fast food places and banks IF they do not leave their vehicle. the Corps had this policy when i was in (1970-1981) and i personnaly am glad CMC went back to it. the army looks like sh!t in public wearing their ACUs.

pretty sure that rule has been around for a long time.

chili77bowl
12-16-07, 02:59 PM
pretty sure that rule has been around for a long time.

kinda...Former Commandants have made it a little more lax, such as, you could if you were pumping gas or dropping off/picking up dry cleaning, dropping off/picking up your children from day care.

Quick things like that...but yes, I too am glad it was changed. My jury is still out on this new running suit being worn in public though...anyone heard anything else about that?

Big Jim
12-16-07, 03:11 PM
I'm glad I read this...I just observed some young Marine reservists while in BW3'S in Columbus asking to hang up some flyers for their toys for tots program. I was sure there was still an order in place about wearing utilities in public.

Sgt Leprechaun
12-16-07, 03:33 PM
Yeah, the rules recently got more difficult in that regard, which I think is a GOOD thing. The army wears theirs like a party suit.

It's a work uniform, simple as that. Marines are supposed to have some class, and that's why we don't run around in our 'work' clothes in public.

ItzAlex
04-03-08, 04:34 PM
I'm glad I read this...I just observed some young Marine reservists while in BW3'S in Columbus asking to hang up some flyers for their toys for tots program. I was sure there was still an order in place about wearing utilities in public.
I think it is also up to the command's disgression. I remember seeing recruiters in their cammies in public with poolees, never got the chance to ask why as I was in a hurry.

Of course there are also these two clips.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSzyS49Pt5Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvnF0eInphg

Jonny Destroyer
04-03-08, 04:38 PM
I actually saw a couple of young Marines going home for a 96, one of them wearing their utilities cover on BACKWARDS with civilian attire on. Needless to say, I was disgusted. Not only did it look rediculous, but this idiot was disgracing the uniform.

I wish I had the chance to yank him out of his car and give him a swift kick in the rear for being such a moron.