PDA

View Full Version : I got this as Junk E-mail today April 9

Sgt Sostand
04-09-03, 07:20 AM
I did not find this at all amusing, I have brothers in the service who are already in the line of fire, fighting in this senseless war, defending a way of life that our government seems determined to impose on others. I love this country, but as they said during the Viet Nam War, "War is not healthy for children and other living things." Somebody please explain to me why it is so important that Hussein give up his weapons of mass destruction, and we don't. Are we as Americans, the only government capable of determing who can have these weapons? Are we the police of the world? When did we get the right to tell other governments that our way of life is the only and the best to have? Is it our right to tell someone else how to live their lives freely? This government supposedly is based on the premise of personal freedoms, yet even here at home we degrade the less fortunate, the ethnically different, the religion different, and the physically challenged. Sometimes I wonder how we can judge others, when we as a country should remember "to clean our own front yard", as my grandmother used to say.

Marla
"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."